Cata street release date breakage

90 Human Warlock
I was wondering if anyone ordered their copy of Cata from EB Online and had it delivered already. I've heard that people are being seen around with the Collectors FoS for Lil' Deathwing etc.

EB won't even look into this matter and just gave me the run around as this is akin to them asking for a large fine.

Just trying to think of ways to not waste my time at 7pm and get it before then. Not like it will matter with us only having access at 7pm anyway.
(I could also be a victim of Chinese whispers)

edit: Release date broke. Got it this morning etc etc... go read the rest of the thread :D
Edited by Arber on 12/6/2010 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I ordered CE from EB a few months back with free shipping, has already been delivered. They told me a few weeks ago that all preorders would be delivered before 7pm tuesday so if you are getting it delivered it should be coming soon.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Ditto, Helaider. Registered the CD Key expecting it to unlock tomorrow, but I received the pet in the mail instantly.

No additional content, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well Game said regardless of the break they won't be selling it early. Can't blame them, I'd just wait to avoid the headache. Seems like I might have to line up now.

Thanks for the info lads :D
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't really get the point behind them not selling/releasing preorders before 7pm, since it won't have any effect upon people getting headstarts >.>
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Every previous year blizzard has held retailers responsible for HUGE fines if they release it before midnight of the release day, I imagine blizzard didn't put forward a huge effort to show retailer this isn't the case outside of america.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Someone (who obviously didn't get the memo) launched the game at midnight overnight. Think it was GAME. Game seems to be buyable at most retailers.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Yeah seems the bright sparks at GAME launched at midnight, so EB have been given permission to release all copies NOW, so give em a call if you have pre-orded, or go pick them up so you can stare at the box for the next 9 hours ;p
Edited by Deviouz on 12/6/2010 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I have mine already. have had it since about 10am AEDST
Collectors edition unboxing if you want to see whats inside:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l37wpvl7xOE
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's really about keeping the streets of Canberra safe from a rushing driver :D

Well the rigid 7pm "copies walk out the door" strat was ridiculous to start with but thankfully someone doesn't check their e-mail at work and went a head with a midnight launch which it self is as silly as the 7pm idea.

I got a call this morning saying I can pick it up and here I am with the box in my lap.

Now I can avoid the log in queue :D and save a few lives.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I just got my CE too from EB Games.
Got a text message this morning, that you can pick it up as soon as the store open.

JB Hifi and some other stores start selling it too.
Edited by Crossea on 12/6/2010 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Arber is a noob. That is all
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sif hit 80. All the cool kids are 79
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]