mut mobility suggestion

1 Gnome Warrior
ok i know its a little late to suggest stuff seeing as tho cata is practically out but im going to say this anyway because its non the less true and will at some stage be fixed.

Assasination mobility sucks, this is a fact not a statement denying this would be like denying that gravity exists so dont waste time arguing with this.
My solution deadly momentum teir one talent is only used for lvling atm well what if that talent offered some kind of anti kiting tool that combat rogues could spec into as well (although you would lose 1 min clos). Im not going to suggest how it could be an anti kiting tool because thats devs job maybe people could make some suggestions in the comments.

I know some people may say things like this would make subtley too difficult to kite but tbh you need to give up some points for it from damage (could always take shs off prep if you needed to ) ne way.

Edited by Powermanz on 12/6/2010 5:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You have a 15% movement speed talent in Assass and have access to improved sprint. Saying "oh I can't take improved sprint because I need to take XXX elsewhere" is a failure on your own part . It would have been like a lock in WotLK saying "I can't take soul link as affliction because I want to put points in destro" and he/she would be told tough crap take soul link. Edit: Same thing goes if pets are getting zerged in cata pvp and we don't take the free rez talent in demo.

If you're playing on a team without a healer, that's your own fault. PvP is balanced around rated pvp and if you choose to not balance your team properly that's your own fault. The only non melee snares that can't be removed by every healer is CoEx and Frost trap. Everything else is trivially dispelled or applied by a melee.

Most classes' mobility now hinges on their healer and/or teammates. Locks for example can't fear a melee on them to get distance because it will be instantly dispelled by the healer so fear is pretty much reserved for the healer(even worse if you're against a shadow priest team or double healer). So you pretty much need a cc on the healer AND the dps on you to get distance and get a snare removed. This is not a specific spec issue. This is the current scheme of pvp. Understand that you will get dispels if you call for them since if you have 1 magic snare on you, it will be dispelled instantly if you call for it and your healer isn't cc'd.

Reporting this thread for trolling since you basically admit to trolling in your last statement since you are in fact the troll trying to get a rise out of people that disagree with you and then label them as troll.
Edited by Purebalance on 12/6/2010 4:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
12/06/2010 4:47 AMPosted by Redfang
wow troll who doesnt even understand the class is reporting someone for trolling. How many times do we have to say imp sprint is not viable for assassination because you have to get elusivness. And how many times do we have to say that dispell based mobility is not viable for pvp because it can effectivly make ccing a dispeller equal to ccing 2 people.

It's called you have to make a choice. You claim you need mobility well the option is there. Once again that would be like a lock crying about pet deaths and not taking demonic rebirth or whatever it's called because they feel they have to take talents in other trees.

Explain to me what gap openers a lock has that aren't trivially countered in a team based pvp environment(barring BEM arena)and then I will level and say it's a rogue spec issue. EVERYONE except maybe warriors and mages are tied to a dispeller and teammate for mobility at this point. Even those 2 if they are playing against smart people. If you can't understand that then you really just need to find a new game or get a warrior or mage at this point(or enh shaman with cds til you curl in the fetal when they're down).

Once again, you don't "need" to, you choose those talents over the mobility offered in the other tree. One could argue that any talents in a pure's 2 other off trees are mandatory for pvp, you just make a choice as to which is more mandatory.

As usual posters though, you both can't have a civil conversation so hopefully the mods will see that.
Reply Quote
we aren't talking about locks but about rogues there is a huge difference

and elusivness is more mobility than imp sprint yet assassination still has mobility issues, meaning there would be more of a problem if someone got imp sprint.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
12/06/2010 4:37 AMPosted by Purebalance
You have a 15% movement speed talent in Assass and have access to improved sprint. Saying "oh I can't take improved sprint because I need to take XXX elsewhere" is a failure on your own part . It would have been like a lock in WotLK saying "I can't take soul link as affliction because I want to put points in destro" and he/she would be told tough crap take soul link.

Comparing Improved Sprint to Soul Link makes me think you are a troll. And the rest of your post makes me think you are a troll. You sir, are a troll.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
trolls be flippin' out mon!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
12/06/2010 7:48 AMPosted by Mefightnow
I got a mut mobility suggestion. Tone down muts damage in pvp then give them S-step baseline for all I care. But right now mut does way to much damage/control in pvp for it to also have mobility.

Sounds like a great argument for nerfing Warrior mobility!

Make intervene illegal in Arenas!
Edited by Sneegy on 12/6/2010 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
12/06/2010 7:59 AMPosted by Mefightnow
12/06/2010 7:53 AMPosted by Sneegy
[quote="12532534274"]I got a mut mobility suggestion. Tone down muts damage in pvp then give them S-step baseline for all I care. But right now mut does way to much damage/control in pvp for it to also have mobility.

Sounds like a great argument for nerfing Warrior mobility!

Make intervene illegal in Arenas!

Whats matter broseph? Seems pretty fair to me, mut takes a damage nerf in pvp and in exchange gets mobility. If you want anything more than that you're asking for insane mutilate damage, good control and mobility. You can't have it all bro.[/quote]

My concern, Browkowski, is that warriors who do mucho damages with grand mobility thinks that mut spec should have downgraded damage for even serviceable mobility Bromo Seltzer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I love when Arms Warriors (especially bad ones) say Assassination Rogues should give up some damage if they get mobility (as if they are bargaining on behalf of blizzard) when Arms has the best mobility in the game, as well as superior burst and sustained damage and now has the same stun/control capacity.

I'm not asking for you to be nerfed, I'm just asking you to get a bit of perspective when you try to discuss Assassination, because it's damage is not like Arms, Elemental, Destruction, Shadow as you try to make it out to be. It's simply superior to Subtlety while having far inferior mobility. Inferior mobility is fine, but it's far too lacking to be sufficient at the moment.
Edited by Holdem on 12/6/2010 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Solution: Make Preparation baseline and replace it with a DPS talent or cooldown for Subtlety.

This gives Assassination and Combat enough mobility and survivability to make them viable again while giving Subtlety the extra damage it needs. Voila.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/06/2010 8:28 AMPosted by Mefightnow
Oh it's damage is like arms. especially when geared assasin rogues can 100%-10% me inside a dismantle with a weapon chain on.

Quite simply, you're lying. Arms Warriors damage, both sustained and burst, are superior to Assassination Rogues. I'm not asking for damage buffs for my spec, or damage nerfs to yours. Again I'm asking for you to get some perspective, which is probably something you are not capable of.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You're pathetic
Edited by Holdem on 12/6/2010 8:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]