Stop avoiding Racials

85 Gnome Warrior
The title says it all. Everyone is pointing out how badly goblins racials are overpowered. I think its insane that we can't even get a response on to whether or not these problems will be addressed. I'm not going to start a big argument on which races are overpowered or if horde racials are better than alliance racials. Personally I think racials add flavor, however having racials that are far more powerful than all the others is ridiculous.
Edited by Pixiestix on 12/6/2010 2:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Your title is rather misleading.

I think the word you're looking for is "racials."
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'd like to avoid talents but I think my dps would suffer.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
12/06/2010 2:12 PMPosted by Areos
Your title is rather misleading.

I think the word you're looking for is "racials."

Thank you. Long day at work, haha.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 2:55 PMPosted by Truelol
ugh, i will probably get my post deleted for this but here is the obvious answer

1. goblin and worgen racials are overpowered
2. human racials were nerfed, humans are most populous race
3. race and faction change costs money
5. profit

this.

overpowered is intended to force people to race change.

its a marketing scheme.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
They're not going to push out any changes now, 9 hours before Cataclysm's launch.
They're not going to push out any changes before a SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT of players hit 85 and participate in both raiding and PvP.
They're aware of our complaints, as we haven't shut up about them for the past 2 months, one of which nothing has happened for because such changes would be pointless to make before Cataclysm's launch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What are racials? Are they something we train when we make our characters?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 3:03 PMPosted by Karalyn
What are racials? Are they something we train when we make our characters?

no they are something blizzard nerfs / buffs based on how many people are a given race, and what action will result in the most race / faction changes.
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
Tin foil hats and chunks of sky anyone?

I really doubt it's a money making scheme so much as they're looking into it closely actually which is why they're being mum on it. Most racial abilities really aren't that bad anyway on the whole, the only two particularly blatant effects are arcane torrent and just... bloody goblins. But on the whole most of the racial abilities just offer a unique bit of flavor.

I do agree they merit looking into and frankly it's more or less the active racial abilities that are the problem there's no real "OH MY GOD THAT PASSIVE BONUS IS GAME BREAKING" it's just the discrepancy between Stone form for example and Arcane torrent where you see a HUGE difference in their effectiveness. I really doubt anyone is losing sleep over freaking "+15 herbalism" or whatever, so it's not really accurate to say all racial abilities need to be looked into and saying that blows he problem well out of proportion.

In the end though I highly doubt the blizzard dev's haven't noticed the discrepancies themselves, but we're not really entitled to the inside scoop really. If the abilities are so convincingly over powering in your mind by all means race change, I'll be sticking with orcs because they look awesome and you can enjoy your goblin or whatever. Just don't be surprised if and when things are abruptly adjusted, that's just the way it works. It's nothing personal and hardly worthy of conspiracy theories and tinfoil.

Play the game, do what you have to in order to have fun, if you're not having fun stop playing. The options are all pretty simple. In the end it doesn't really matter, but through it all worry less about the game design you'll thank yourself for it.
Reply Quote
Racials don't make that much of a difference, if it is that big of a gamebreaker to you, pay 25 bucks for a race change, you are lucky you don't have to level an entirely different character.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Worgen are just as OP.

Get over it. It's a business ploy.

Now run off and spend 25$ for just a race change.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I'd race change to Goblin, but I'll have to get enough money to buy cata and still have enough to eat and pay rent/gas until the new year first.
Edited by Såje on 12/6/2010 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2010 2:55 PMPosted by Truelol
ugh, i will probably get my post deleted for this but here is the obvious answer

1. goblin and worgen racials are overpowered
2. human racials were nerfed, humans are most populous race
3. race and faction change costs money
5. profit

^
:/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
I heard that other races Racials would get buffed to Worgen Goblin Level way back in the day.

Son, I am dissapoint.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well blood fury and WotF were buffed (marginally)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]