Stop avoiding Racials

85 Undead Warlock
If it's a business ploy it's a bad one. Racials are such a tiny dps increase that only the most hardcore min/max-ers are going to race change based on racials. If blizzard just wanted to pump money out of us they'd be better served by making more vanity pets for the blizzard store instead of wasting their time unbalancing racials.

EJ has told me for a while now that if I want to be the most leet warlock every I need to race change to Orc, I never did it. Undead are just too cool.
Reply Quote
12/06/2010 11:07 PMPosted by Kasryn
everyone who says they don't make a difference or are fine is trolling.

Like your doing. Because obviously if someone has a different opinion than you there trolling.

12/06/2010 11:23 PMPosted by Emenji
I'm sorry, but what does this thread have anything to do with dealing damage as this specific forum is mainly about?

Nothing people just think they can throw anything in this forum to get a blue. Since it used to be one of the only ones that did outside general and CS.
Edited by Huntinfools on 12/7/2010 4:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Edited by Huntinfools on 12/7/2010 4:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
35 Troll Priest
EMFH is still the most powerful PvP racial in the game, by a ton. Tell you what, you can have both Goblin PvP racials in return for that one. Deal?
Reply Quote
80 Orc Warrior
12/07/2010 5:12 AMPosted by Ubari
EMFH is still the most powerful PvP racial in the game, by a ton. Tell you what, you can have both Goblin PvP racials in return for that one. Deal?

EMFH's strength is really going to depend on the pace of PvP in Cat at 85. If the game is still really high damage, really short intense fights then yes, it'll pan out to be better than a pvp trinket most of the time - if combat's so short and intense that you only ever get to use a trinket once before you either lose and die or win and live then it doesn't really matter if it's on a 2 minute or a ten-minute cool down.

Until we've seen 85 PvP in full it's too early to say that. It's certainly taken a hit with the CD increase though so at the moment I'm inclined to believe it's not goign to be THAT big a deal. Moreover I'd still say Arcane Torrent is more useful and more threatening. You know everyone and their dog has a pvp "out" but when a Belf shows up your game plan HAS to change to account for the extra interrupt, or in the case of some classes one without it suddenly does when a Belf is in its shoes.
Edited by Durogru on 12/7/2010 6:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
To me the OP racials are the stinkin..."Best deals everywhere and the 30 minute bank".
Edited by Nfmohawk on 12/7/2010 6:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
^ doesn't make sense because they nerfed worgen racials outright. durrrr

bli$$ard wants people to faction/race change. can't blame em tho. high end pvpers don't mind that

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Goblin racials are "fun" but if you really look at it, the Rocket attack is going to be useful in low level content (questing, bosses and PVP) and a small burst later levels and the rocket jump is going to be a good PVP ability...

The discount racial is going to be useful for new players leveling and the Servant racial is just neat but i doubt its going to be really helpful when you are walking around with 50 open slots in your bags and have hearth to a place with a vendor or bank...

The only real useful PVE racial is a 1% haste increase and the minor rocket attack boost which i doubt is going to be very good at 85
Reply Quote
EMFH is still the most powerful PvP racial in the game

http://i.imgur.com/C2Kmu.jpg

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

Let's review the human racials as they relate to a mage:

(1) EMFH - as a 3-minute cooldown it's almost completely worthless. The focus of pvp in Cataclysm is BGs which typically last 10-15 minutes per match. You'll get many more uses with a 2 minute cooldown than with a 3 minute one in that amount of time. The only players who will use EMFH instead of a trinket will be noobs who don't realize how important that CC break really is. The only legit use of EMFH now is as an occasional CC break in PVE raids.

(2) Human spirit - +5% spirit is now completely worthless for mages and warlocks who no longer benefit from spirit.

(3) bonus to weapon skills - worthless for dps casters

(4) Diplomacy - doesn't stack with identical guild perk so this racial shortly becomes completely worthless.

The end result is that a human mage gets basically nothing at all from her racials.... which is why I race-changed to Worgen.

Worgen racials are some of the better alliance racials. But I think all the alliance racials combined are still weaker than the enormously overpowered goblin racials.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
12/07/2010 6:13 AMPosted by Durogru

EMFH's strength is really going to depend on the pace of PvP in Cat at 85. If the game is still really high damage, really short intense fights then yes, it'll pan out to be better than a pvp trinket most of the time - if combat's so short and intense that you only ever get to use a trinket once before you either lose and die or win and live then it doesn't really matter if it's on a 2 minute or a ten-minute cool down.

Until we've seen 85 PvP in full it's too early to say that. It's certainly taken a hit with the CD increase though so at the moment I'm inclined to believe it's not goign to be THAT big a deal. Moreover I'd still say Arcane Torrent is more useful and more threatening. You know everyone and their dog has a pvp "out" but when a Belf shows up your game plan HAS to change to account for the extra interrupt, or in the case of some classes one without it suddenly does when a Belf is in its shoes.

You forget that the focus of pvp at 85 is supposed to be BGs. Assuming your team doesn't get facerolled in 5 minutes (which shouldn't happen if the system properly matches teams of similar ratings), then matches will definitely last long enough for the increased cooldown on EMFH to be critical. Remember you still have to wait for the cooldown even if you die and then rez.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Rogue
Just to be clear Goblin racials were nerfed early on in the Beta and it was actually worgen racials that were laggin in the nerf department. We finally saw worgen racials nerfed recently and, of course, no one remembers the goblin nerfs and are now calling for more goblin nerfs.

Goblin racials aren't even OP. Have you people even seen rocket jump? It's pretty pathetic actually. It goes maybe 15 to 20 yards. The only really good goblin racials IMO is the discount and bank access.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I fail to see how worgen's racials are overpowered tho, yay a cosmetic change racial changing you from worgen to human and vice versa...and a sprint.
Sprint can save lives when running away, hardly an offensive skill, which can't be said for it's counterpart - a rocket launcher...

hmmm, squares and circles, they just don't quite match you see.
Reply Quote
12/07/2010 1:50 PMPosted by Hagaar
I fail to see how worgen's racials are overpowered tho, yay a cosmetic change racial changing you from worgen to human and vice versa...and a sprint.
Sprint can save lives when running away, hardly an offensive skill, which can't be said for it's counterpart - a rocket launcher...

hmmm, squares and circles, they just don't quite match you see.

/facepalm

If it can save lives running away, maybe it could help end lives when chasing?
Hmm...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
12/07/2010 11:17 AMPosted by Primigenia
The biggest and most overlooked reason racials need to be balanced is that it has led to severe population imbalances on PvP servers. Horde outnumber Alliance on almost every PvP server now, where that wasn't the case at the beginning of Wrath. Allowing people to faction change, and have Horde characters on the same server as their Alliance characters has highlighted how poorly balanced racials are. People have flocked to Horde for the better racials because whether they're right or wrong, people believe that racials do matter and that the do have an impact on outcomes in PvP and to a lesser extent PvE. If Blizzard is serious about balancing factions across all servers, they're going to have to balance racials.

Horde has always outnumbered Alliance on a lot of servers. True, the ability to faction change made it worse, but it's not as though they caused the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]