Experience Gains 1-85

85 Goblin Priest
12/06/2010 3:58 PMPosted by Nethaera
Just to follow up. This will not affect quest experience gains.
80 Tauren Warrior
Even if it isn't optimal i'll quest in Azeroth as long as possible, I despise Outland. Not a major concern to me though.

I don't even have a Hunter and I think the pet leveling is stupid, just have them auto level with the Hunter.
82 Human Paladin
I really think this should be raised by 1 across the board. Level 60 is perfectly appropriate for being in old world content, same for 70 in Outland and 80 in Northrend. I would assume 85 should still be appropriate for end-game Cataclysm areas but since that's currently level cap it doesn't really matter.
90 Undead Priest
Aw, that's poop. 1-60 is so awesome now, why not let us grind to 63, 64 in the old world? Conversely, 80s are going to bog down the new zone on the expansion, what's wrong with letting them grind out in Northrend?
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2010 3:08 PMPosted by Nethaera

Examples:

Level 60 or higher players get 10% normal experience for killing creatures in Azeroth (“Old world” content)
Level 70 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Burning Crusade creatures.
Level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Lich King creatures.
Level 85 or higher players get 10% of normal experience for killing Cataclysm creatures.
[/ul]

Slightly confused - Do you mean level 80 or higher players get 10% of normal exp for killing Cataclysm creatures? It seems a bit silly that we only start reaping the benefit of extra exp only after we've reached level cap for an expansion. Or is this intended and we're actually supposed to grind on WotLK creatures until 85?
85 Draenei Death Knight
There is a bug already or you forgot to mention this. I'm currently in Hellfire Peninsula at lvl62 and getting only 10% xp for any mob which is lower than my own level by even one.

I only get full xp for killing levels 62+...
Edited by Naxa on 12/6/2010 4:13 PM PST
83 Tauren Shaman
Will this have any effect on reputation gains in older instances (i.e. Consortium rep in Heroic Mana Tombs)?
75 Tauren Priest
How does this work in regards to leveling in instances? If someone does a Heroic MgT at 71, do they only receive 10% experience per kill?
100 Tauren Hunter
This change will also affect hunter pets and their leveling rate if the player is at max level, however, this is an unintended change that we will be addressing in the future.

How soon can we expect a fix on this? It takes forever to level up a pet 3 levels at the current rate. This is an especially an issue because when we ding 85, pets will be stuck at 84 for a long time.

or you could always make hunter pets like every other pet and scale directly with the master's level (hint, hint)
Edited by Behemot on 12/6/2010 4:23 PM PST
100 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2010 4:14 PMPosted by Tinyhiney
Blizzard is nerfing killing creatures to only yeld 10% of what it normally gives?? So if I killed a bear in grizzly hills that gave 1000xp I would only get 10xp now??

So why would blizzard do this now? People like to use the LFD tool to level up now we will only get 10% xp per kill in dungeons???????????? WTF!!!!!!!!

This is going to piss everyone one off! Why the heck wants to quest grind their way to max level? people need the dungeons to get a break and gain xp to...

WHY the H$$$ ARE YOU DOING THIS BLIZZARD? WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF!

Why will anyone want to use the LFD tool anymore while leveling? except for some crappy blue gear.

Am I wrong on this? if so please correct me..... because I'm PO'd right now beyond belief.

Calm down and reread the blue post. It's not as bad as you're assuming.

First of all, 10% of 1000 = 100, not 10. Second of all, this ONLY affects you if you are max level or higher for that expansion's content. So for instance it will not be worth your while to quest in Outland after hitting level 70. Seeing as how people generally moved on to Northrend at 68 this won't even be noticed by most.

Running exclusively through LFD will continue to be a viable method of leveling.

Now please be kind to your punctuation keys. :P
80 Night Elf Hunter
What they're saying is that once you get to level 60, 70 and 80 the mobs in Azaroth, BC and WotLK will only give you 10% of what they normally do and in order to get the normal exp mobs give you have to start killing stuff in the new Cataclysm areas.

So if I were to kill a mob in Ice Crown that normally gives 750 exp at 80 I would get only 75 exp as an example while if I were to kill a mob in Hyjal or the underwater area that gives 1200 exp I would get 1200 exp till I hit 85 and then whenever another expac comes out it would be reduce to 120 exp.
Community Manager
12/06/2010 4:06 PMPosted by Darcrai
I really think this should be raised by 1 across the board. Level 60 is perfectly appropriate for being in old world content, same for 70 in Outland and 80 in Northrend. I would assume 85 should still be appropriate for end-game Cataclysm areas but since that's currently level cap it doesn't really matter.

The content for The Burning Crusade opens up at level 58 and the content for Wrath of the Lich King, at 68. It's generally expected that you'll want to move into those areas sooner rather than later and finish leveling to 60 or 70 (respectively) there. We fully understand the feeling that you're being moved out of the new cool stuff, but at the same time, the leveling rate for Burning Crusade was already elevated with the release of Wrath of the Lich King and the rate for Wrath of the Lich King was also recently elevated, which should help you move through those areas relatively quickly.

We also have remarked that if we are able to at some point in time, we'd like to revisit Outland to make it a better experience to move into.
1 Dwarf Priest
12/06/2010 3:08 PMPosted by Nethaera
We have made this change so that players will continue to progress through the appropriate content for their level versus grinding on quick re spawns in a less ideal location.

No this is just a cash cow grab to ensure people purchase an expansion with basically no choice now. At least be honest with the change. Spin it however you like however. Why not let people finish up some old quests maybe before they move on, or perhaps finish the content they are in and still be rewarded, they'll buy the exp pack anyhow to go beyond the cap for that expansion anyhow, I don't see the "reward" or "help" this provides the player base for this change.
Edited by Bawdy on 12/6/2010 4:26 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]