Selling Items

80 Human Death Knight
The game has changed so much since the last time I have played.
You used to be able to sell a bunch of items to npc then logout and back in ... rinse and repeat as many times as needed. It looks like this is not the case anymore. So my question is: is there a cooldown period on selling and if so how long between being able to sell.
Thank you
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
aka vendoring items? no cooldown. they jsut go away immediately :p
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Selling what? You can sell as much as you want to NPCs without having to log out. You just can't buy back if you log out for more than 15 minutes.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
No, there is no cooldown to sell items. I'm not sure what you you are asking, really.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I think he's saying that if you sold an item to a vendor and then logged out real quick, it would still be there. That definately doesn't work any more :p
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Not exactly sure where you're going with this. I used to sell until the vendor's buyback slots were full, log out and back in and start over. I only recently learned that this isn't necessary, as long as I sell from the vendor's original window. I can keep selling until everything is sold and not have to log out/in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you sell by right-clicking items you want to get rid of, you can sell as many as you want. I think you may be filling up the buyback window, but you don't need to be on that window or have free slots in it to sell stuff. If you sold something you really want to keep and weren't able to get it through the buyback window, you can open a GM ticket to get the item restored, but they do limit the number of restores like that that you can get if you do very many.
Reply Quote
78 Orc Hunter
If the buy back window is full, when you sell another item, thee oldest item in the window will drop off.
Reply Quote
2 Draenei Shaman
Hey, just started. In the case of things like torn moth wings, how do I sell certain quantities instead of selling all of them?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/11/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Varidahs
Hey, just started. In the case of things like torn moth wings, how do I sell certain quantities instead of selling all of them?

Not by posting in dead threads. This is from December of 2010. It's over a year old. If you want to ask a question, start a new thread rather than bumping an old one.
Reply Quote
12/11/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Varidahs

shift click
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2011 11:05 PMPosted by Bavra

shift click

… brings up the window to select a certain quantity off a stack. Sometimes you have to actually create the substack in your inventory (before, say, vendoring or attaching it to an email), otherwise the stack is still treated as a whole unit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]