Our "nerf"

100 Human Paladin
warriors and mages are fun to play, but i won't be swapping mains for them. ;p i run into a grass-is-greener situation whenever i pvp with another class anyway - it's easy to complain about what other classes have that you do not until you play those classes and realize that they lack things you take for granted.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
ret still needs some fine tuning on the damage modifiers imho tv hitting for <15k when a mage hits for >40k on arcane barrage is not realistic for a finisher. im sure at 85 with weapon dmg up higher it will but im not really seeing it . also the ret rotation is very clunky/rng-ish some might be referring to this as their loss of dps. some do need to learn the system better but those that have gotten the system down are still feeling its lacking some thing on pve and pvp . in pvp ret should be about killing your enemies not out lasting them thats what healers and prot specs do, if there are no dmg specs then how do you expect some one to die right ? ret shouldnt have to sac 3 hp to heal over a dmg attack imho.. but all in all ive wait till the next pvp season b4 we see some real changes.

also some of the talents that we can take are very odd and not fitting if you ask me.our mastery is horrable and the fact that we have to stack tons of haste is not good either our dmg will suffer in that case .
blizz should really sit down over a bong and doughnuts to revise this. the bong is to get that stick thats jammed up their asses out and think.

on another note im sure the devs look at these forums ( paladin forums) and look at each other and say " im not responding " and the others are like same here , like 2 yr olds asking mom for a cookie. or they set there and laugh at our qq and nerd rage,imho the wow executives need to throw some heroic cleaves on the asses of the dev team to get #%#* done
Edited by Taeglin on 12/7/2010 3:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/06/2010 5:07 PMPosted by Sayin
Yea, so I see alot of people crying saying we are nerfed to the ground, and worthless
But if you played ret back in bc you know how being worthless really was, sure we could refresh seals on a target but woohoo ya know?

{silent, respectful nod} to all the Paladins who remember having to stack spell damage (before spell power combined both healing and damage), judging Seal of the Crusader first and then casting/re-sealing Seal of Command before EACH judgement. Good times. Wait. Bad times.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/06/2010 5:07 PMPosted by Sayin
Yea, so I see alot of people crying saying we are nerfed to the ground, and worthless

But if you played ret back in bc you know how being worthless really was, sure we could refresh seals on a target but woohoo ya know?

if you are lucky you still got to raid, and life was good, but you had to be a very good ret pally

now 4.0.1 comes out and soon tonight cata, and half the pally community is saying we are worthless again, now if you ask me i still think we are better than we had been in bc, and if we ever went back to that sure i would start to reconsider playing a ret pally, but at this point we arnt completly worthless we still do dps, maybe not as much as everyone else, but if you are a true ret you stick with it till the end...of course i forgot where i was going with this, so if you agree say so if not, meh idc really, i dont mind the changes, it will never be as bad as it was in BC..thats all thanks for reading and plz feel free (as if i can stop you) to post comments

It is not so much a nerf to DPS that we are suffering (that is easily fixed) it is a nerf to ret being fun.

I am going to guess that you did not play beta and are not yet level 85. When you get there you are going to discover that whilst ret was fantastic fun at 80 with 3s CS at 85 it feels a lot more like TBC with gaps all over the place. Admittedly the gaps are smaller but after the hectic face rolling of WotLK and more considered FCFS with complexity of 4.0 level 85 play is a massive leap backwards.

While the fun nerf is not taking us back to TBC levels it is more that in TBC we survived on McDonalds burgers. In WotLK we upgraded to ribeye steak. In 4.0 they upgraded us again to fillet steak. Caty 85 play returns us to bar food burgers. Things are no where near as bad as the McDonalds burgers of TBC but after the steak times of WotLK and level 80 4.0 play you just can't help feeling disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/07/2010 3:44 AMPosted by Taeglin
ret still needs some fine tuning on the damage modifiers imho tv hitting for <15k when a mage hits for >40k on arcane barrage is not realistic for a finisher. im sure at 85 with weapon dmg up higher it will but im not really seeing it . also the ret rotation is very clunky/rng-ish some might be referring to this as their loss of dps. some do need to learn the system better but those that have gotten the system down are still feeling its lacking some thing on pve and pvp . in pvp ret should be about killing your enemies not out lasting them thats what healers and prot specs do, if there are no dmg specs then how do you expect some one to die right ? ret shouldnt have to sac 3 hp to heal over a dmg attack imho.. but all in all ive wait till the next pvp season b4 we see some real changes.

also some of the talents that we can take are very odd and not fitting if you ask me.our mastery is horrable and the fact that we have to stack tons of haste is not good either our dmg will suffer in that case .
blizz should really sit down over a bong and doughnuts to revise this. the bong is to get that stick thats jammed up their asses out and think.

on another note im sure the devs look at these forums ( paladin forums) and look at each other and say " im not responding " and the others are like same here , like 2 yr olds asking mom for a cookie. or they set there and laugh at our qq and nerd rage,imho the wow executives need to throw some heroic cleaves on the asses of the dev team to get #%#* done

You hit the nail on the head with everything.

1. TV damage needs to be increased for the ramp up time it takes to fire it off (and our 31 pt talent)
2. Ret is too RNG based.

I think if those 2 things were taken care of initially we could start heading in the right direction. Those are the 2 biggest things on my plate for PvE / PvP.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Death Knight
I tried my new Ret Pally last night (given to me by friend). Nerf? If they were truly nerfed then I cannot image how powerful they were before (well actually I do know LOL, got pwned so hard by them during the DS spam days).

I play a Rogue (main), DK and recently a Hunter (still leveling). Just 2 hours of messing around and figuring out the fighting style and I can honestly say this is most fun character I've played in WoW. I like how I have to use all the skills based on priorities and procs. I am seriously considering making this my main.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
flyingfox, ret at the moment is great fun. The QQ is generally about how lackluster the changes have been and how broken it is at 85. Level 80 play is fine level 85 play is broken.

There has also been mystified posts about HoL being great fun, but the brand new mastery stat being worse than armpen was. Also why they have buffed exo out of the whazoo, we are a melee class quite why two of our hardest hitting spells are ranged is anyones guess. We are also still slightly curious about how we are meant to function in PvP. We have had our defenses gutted, which is great because after 8 seasons blizzard noticed that ret had finished close to bottom in every single one (which says something for how badly broken ret was in PvP especially as it is the most popular spec of the most popular class) and that there was no niche for defensive DPS. The problem is that blizzard have forgotten to add in the offensive utility to compensate and given us the longest ramp up in the game as well.

In previous xpacs blizzard has had a tendency to release ret half tested and spend a couple of patches (or entire xpac) fixing the mistakes of beta. This xpac they have truly excelled themselves. They haven't even finished the ret beta build yet, let alone moved on to the balance sweeps.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
seeing this forum at first made kind of sad at the thought of that i wasted my time in the few weeks before cata lvling my pally to finally get 80. but after reading it has given me hope. I was at the dilema of which toon to get cata first my ret pally or my fury warrior. I am sticking with my pally. sure warriors are fun, but pallies can do so much more, we can bubble, and heal something i wish a warr could do. so i find lvling easier on my pally. on top of that running around northrend any time i fight undead or demon i kill them wicked quickly even in crappy gear, im talking 1 mb two hits, 3 if nothing proc'd. and that brings me to my next point I saw some people complaining about exorcism, i dont mind it as much when it pops its instant and does a whole lot of damage....i wouldnt be too worried about this nerf right now, as we have seen before whenever they make certain classes more op they are just the next ones on the list to be nerfed...
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Death Knight
Remember what King Menethil said: "Alas my son, no king rules forever"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow...i am 83 and i feel squishy and nerfed as *##*!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 7:53 PMPosted by Irah
Dont know about you guys but I'm in %!%!ty gear and still pwning mages in far better gear. Learn to play your ret well and you'll do better.

Ret is becoming about SKILL like it should be --- back in BC...you had to be exceptional as ret to get into raids so you never saw that many.

I think Blizz is heading in the right direction: "A diamond in the rough" as opposed to "A dime a dozen" --- rets are where we should be. Be grateful. Those exceptional rets will now have a chance to shine, while everyone else bringing our names down, reroll.

Thank lord.

I call BS. Mages are pwning every class right now, Blizzard has openly admitted that ret and fury got nerfed at 80 to balance for 85, but you are magically out-dpsing mages in much better gear. Screenshot or it didn't happen.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
I support free transfers to Mage for every moron who can't spell Paladin.

I'm not Jerry and you're not Dino. Take some pride in yourself and stop butchering the name.
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
...I Luv my Retribution Pally. I eat dirt, with a side dish of small rocks, a tall glass of dust, and humble pie for dessert sometimes, sure, but because I play to have fun and win its all good. When winning begins to overshadow my fun, I step back and take a deep breath and play to have fun and win again.

May all the q sayers of q fall on their whinny swords of ineptitude and reroll another class.

Thank You Blizz !!!
Edited by Shanndorn on 12/9/2010 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
12/07/2010 4:04 AMPosted by Amendrous
I am Ret/Prot because I enjoy being a light wielding, axe swinging, plate wearing, Exorcising, protector of the downtrodden, destroyer of evil, and damned handsome paragon of all that is sunshiney and rainbows in Azeroth.

Nerf us to pure support or buff us (again) to "Kill you in one GCD", I'll be leading the charge off the edge of a platform in a raid when a wipe is called.... or mindlessly throwing myself at 10 flagged players just to get roflstomped... over and over again.

...heh heh heh
Now THATS the spirit of a Retribution Pally!!!
Reply Quote
12/06/2010 5:45 PMPosted by Holyrunner
This is what i get for not Lvling up the new *fad class* (mages and locks).. /sigh

I've literally got 3 mages and am onto my fourth, want one?

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]