Our "nerf"

82 Blood Elf Paladin
I play a DK and a Pally and I just wanted to say, I have had more fun with my pally in 4.0 than I have ever had. I leveled him to 80 because I wanted a shield tank and he sat after that because the play style of Ret and Prot bored me. Nothing came close to how I loved my DK. Now though, I am desperately trying to keep my DK my main, but I can't stay off my Pally!

As for the Warlock I have had since Vanilla and the Druid I have had since BC? They aren't getting much love. =(
Reply Quote
81 Tauren Druid
12/10/2010 9:46 AMPosted by Vathrellin
I play a DK and a Pally and I just wanted to say, I have had more fun with my pally in 4.0 than I have ever had. I leveled him to 80 because I wanted a shield tank and he sat after that because the play style of Ret and Prot bored me. Nothing came close to how I loved my DK. Now though, I am desperately trying to keep my DK my main, but I can't stay off my Pally!

As for the Warlock I have had since Vanilla and the Druid I have had since BC? They aren't getting much love. =(

What exactly do you like about your ret pally over your dk? I have pretty much the exact opposite experience. Playing my ret pally is depressing and not very fun while playing my DK is fun. I guess I just don't like the holy rogue concept they seem to be pushing.

My druid is the only character where I'm happy with all specs although the DK is fairly close.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think my only complaint is our flow for battle isnt like other classes, I play a DK hunter priest and this paladin. I like how we have alot of bag of tricks to work with and almost a trick for any situation presented to us as a ret paladin and I dont mind taking a hit in dps for it. However the stop gaps between casting is kinda bothersome I want to be pressing a button to set up my next move always if I am waiting for a proc I feel that time needs to be filled to separate the top tier player from a regular player... Anyone else feel that or am I by myself on this one =P ?

Furthermore pre nerf I also felt like our flow wasn't up to par of other classes because if AoW didn't proc we had to wait for something in between our main 3 abilities. I like the concept of HP but I dont think Divine Storm and CS should share CD's it would be nice if they separated them and kept the HP concept.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My first main in BC was a pally. My ret pally was so bad in raids etc, I created a mage to run in 5 mans and raids and used the pally farming, and crafting. I was starting to use my pally in raids and 5 mans more often but now my ret pally will be back to strictly farming and crafting for my mage. Maybe some day my ret pally will be valuable in 5 mans and raids again. The nerf bat was bound to swing against ret Pallys eventually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]