Don't start the Cooldown for Hunter Traps

I propose a change to the Hunter Traps that will make them a little less infuriating.

Don't start the Cooldown for Hunter Traps until the Traps has successfully triggered. You can still only have 1 trap type out at a time.

Example:
Let's say I drop a Frost Trap, but then "Oh no! My opponent walked right over it, but it didn't trigger!" Since the Frost Trap was not triggered, the Cooldown wasn't triggered either. I am able to lay down another Frost Trap (Making the first Frost Trap disappear) and this time it functions properly and Snares my enemy. The Cooldown for Ice type traps is now activated because Frost Trap successfully Triggered.

This would be a wonderful step forward for Hunter Traps and issues in general.

Also, could you remove the hidden Global Cooldown from Trap Launcher. Currently Trap Launcher Macros don't work without multiple clicks due to a hidden Global Cooldown or bug.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
Seems like a perfectly reasonable request to me. I approve.
Edited by Orangutan on 12/6/2010 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
This would mean hunters can just keep placing traps? This would reward bad play of not placing traps in good locations. Fixing triggering is one thing but this is just unnecessary.

It also removes the reward for foresight by good hunters to know where they will need a trap in the future. This hurts good hunters and benefits bad hunters. Just a bad change overall.
Edited by Atheistgods on 12/5/2010 6:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight
12/05/2010 6:28 PMPosted by Atheistgods
This would mean hunters can just keep placing traps? This would reward bad play of not placing traps in good locations. Fixing triggering is one thing but this is just unnecessary.

It also removes the reward for foresight by good hunters to know where they will need a trap in the future. This hurts good hunters and benefits bad hunters. Just a bad change overall.

as opposed to other spammable targettable CC? i don't see how it hurts anyone

please the class is bad as it is. don't pre-QQ it just because you're afraid of actual buffs.
Reply Quote
I can't tell whether this is trolling or not...

Is that bad?
Reply Quote

How does improving Hunter mechanics punish good Hunters?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Seriously, this would be awesome.
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 12:31 PMPosted by Zolaf
I propose a change to the Hunter Traps that will make them a little less infuriating.

Don't start the Cooldown for Hunter Traps until the Traps has successfully triggered. You can still only have 1 trap type out at a time.

Example:
Let's say I drop a Frost Trap, but then "Oh no! My opponent walked right over it, but it didn't trigger!" Since the Frost Trap was not triggered, the Cooldown wasn't triggered either. I am able to lay down another Frost Trap (Making the first Frost Trap disappear) and this time it functions properly and Snares my enemy. The Cooldown for Ice type traps is now activated because Frost Trap successfully Triggered.

This would be a wonderful step forward for Hunter Traps and issues in general.

Also, could you remove the hidden Global Cooldown from Trap Launcher. Currently Trap Launcher Macros don't work without multiple clicks due to a hidden Global Cooldown or bug.

It's a good idea.

And the macro thing... ugh... really needs to be fixed... Freezing trap works, Immolation trap works, Ice trap and Snake trap dont
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
This would reward bad play of not placing traps in good locations

to play a hunter there is a few things you need to get.

1st grow a new set of arms (50+ keybinds)
2nd get in touch with nostradamus (gota keep yourself 3 seconds ahead of you oponent otherwise your trap will fail)
3rd get ready for tons and tons of clutch moments (it will happen a lot)
4th get in touch with flash and pray you are aspect dancing fast enough that you can actually use cheetah (specially when druids and shamans move faster than us in their travel form)
5th pray to the internet gods that your enemy team had a dc. otherwise you will be outnumber.
6th pray to the internet gods that the enemy that dc was the sp/lock/ele shaman/mage/warrior otherwise you will get focused the whole match until you die.
7th pray to the internet gods that the enemy healer in a 3v3 is a disc priest while yours is a godly holy paladin.

so total, a lot of praying to the gods, grow new set of arms (unless you want to get some pedals lol) and be ahead of time by 3 secs since scater+tl+trap cant be macroed and you need all 3 to efective trap (this off course only will happen if you force a trinket 1st otherwise it will fail).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
It also removes the chances for good hunters to win any match, even tho you know they will never trap someone in the future (aka whole match).

fixed that for you.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/05/2010 6:34 PMPosted by Pupsz

as opposed to other spammable targettable CC? i don't see how it hurts anyone

please the class is bad as it is. don't pre-QQ it just because you're afraid of actual buffs.

How many abilities go, "oh sorry you didn't use me correctly, let me reset my cooldown"?

I'm for hunter buffs but this just a horrible way to go about that.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
12/05/2010 8:15 PMPosted by Zolaf

How does improving Hunter mechanics punish good Hunters?

Because good hunters now deal with longer trap cooldowns.
Reply Quote
12/05/2010 8:40 PMPosted by Atheistgods

How many abilities go, "oh sorry you didn't use me correctly, let me reset my cooldown"?

Ice Lance vs Frozen Targets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]