Crusader Strike and Divine Storm sharing a CD

85 Blood Elf Paladin
As of right now, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm share a cooldown with eachother, you can only use one or the other basically.

I find it hard to use Divine Storm, even when fighting four trash mobs or so, simply because it does not generate a point of holy power.

However, Crusader Strike does generate a point of holy power, but only hits one target for significantly more damage than Divine Storm.

Are there any plans to allow Divine Storm to generate a point of holy power if Divine Storm successfully dealt damage? (Obviously it would need to deal damage, otherwise a player could run around in a battleground, spam Divine Storm while not fighting anyone, and have 3 holy power at all times, basically).

OR

If Divine Storm will continue to not generate a point of holy power, is there any chance to allow it to NOT share a cooldown with Crusader Strike? This would give the ability a lot more usability.

Players thoughts?
Edited by Kaalan on 12/5/2010 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
So far the only use I can see it having is for running low level dungeons quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think if anthing they should give DS it's own CD again never understood their reason for trying to attach it to another more powerful attack and making us choose between them. Even if they decided to keep DS's cooldown linked with CS i would suggest having DS add a point of holy power each time it is used and strikes more than 3 targets. I'm sure throughout the next few weeks we will see some changes, some good some bad i'm sure.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 1:45 AMPosted by Tôrger
I think if anthing they should give DS it's own CD again never understood their reason for trying to attach it to another more powerful attack and making us choose between them. Even if they decided to keep DS's cooldown linked with CS i would suggest having DS add a point of holy power each time it is used and strikes more than 3 targets. I'm sure throughout the next few weeks we will see some changes, some good some bad i'm sure.

You just said everything I suggested. Thank you for your agreement!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
they really can't give DS it's own CD unless it cost HP again, mainly because if it were just a mana cast, it would technically be a DPS increase regardless of single or multi target scenarios. that could lead to isues of people breaking CC, and would certainly go against what Blizz is trying to do with not using AOE abilities in single target situations.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I think the design intent was not to make DS another skill used on cooldown just because you could. (pre 4.0 faceroll)

However, with the Divine Purpose talent, DS can have a 40% chance to generate 1 HP.

Personally, I only use DS when I feel the AoE will have an impact against reasonably large groups, or if the team is taking bit of light damage that is spread out between everyone. (A little heal saves healer mana, and relieve some cognitive stress when everyone is taking a bit of damage here and there)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I like the new DS because it emulates the protection rotation in alot more ways now. however the 4 second cooldown sucks because there is no rotation, I hit my main attack and then a secondary, and my main attack is still on cooldown. After exhausting my long cooldowns I am left waiting for my main attack, and at the same time if I ever press 2 secondary attack buttons then I am losing dps cause my main attack is coming off cooldown in the middle of the second attack.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
use CS as intended (unless you're faced with 7+ targets)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]