Why do almost all melee attacks sound like..

73 Human Hunter
Mangle.

Why did blizzard remove almost all the unique sounds and graphics and "homogenized" it all into mangle. It's incredibly lame.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Crusader Strike, Heroic Strike, and Rune Strike ALL sound like Mangle. I wish they didn't. It's annoying and HAS to be a bug. It just has to be! *cries*

(seriously hoping it's a bug and not intended)

The sounds are ridiculous when you have a feral druid, paladin, dps warrior, and blood DK (tanking) all hitting the same mob. It's like constant mangle spam, or at least sounds like it. I'm reporting this as a bug.
Edited by Dekkar on 12/6/2010 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
At least it doesn't sound like deep wounds anymore. "Splut splut splut splut splut splut" was worse that "pewng pewng pewng pewng". IMO at least.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2010 12:01 AMPosted by Dekkar
Crusader Strike, Heroic Strike, and Rune Strike ALL sound like Mangle. I wish they didn't. It's annoying and HAS to be a bug. It just has to be! *cries*

(seriously hoping it's a bug and not intended)

The sounds are ridiculous when you have a feral druid, paladin, dps warrior, and blood DK (tanking) all hitting the same mob. It's like constant mangle spam, or at least sounds like it. I'm reporting this as a bug.

It probably is, or something done in laziness while they make new sounds for the skills in question. Anyone remember when Power Word: Shield used Hammer of Wrath's sound effect and could be heard from the other side of a battleground? =P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
yeah, the sound of backstab is pretty annoying on my rogue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
12/06/2010 12:13 AMPosted by Såje
At least it doesn't sound like deep wounds anymore. "Splut splut splut splut splut splut" was worse that "pewng pewng pewng pewng". IMO at least.
Nothing will ever be as bad as when enrage effects used the murloc sound for the grace period between TBC and WOTLK T_T
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They made all my originally awesome lightning sounds...

Into more of a bug zapper sound. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
12/06/2010 1:52 AMPosted by Matuk
They made all my originally awesome lightning sounds...

Into more of a bug zapper sound. :(
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Warrior
It's hilarious when SoO procs 10 times in 5 seconds so you hear the mangle sound effect every .2.

Not including MS's and OP's
Reply Quote
Templar's Verdict sounds like nails on a chalk board. I have to play with sound off or it makes me cringe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2010 1:33 AMPosted by Jellex
Anyone remember when Power Word: Shield used Hammer of Wrath's sound effect and could be heard from the other side of a battleground? =P

Yes! I believe it happened during the Sunwell patch, shortly after the SSO dailies had first became available. I remember hearing that sound all over the Island and thinking "man, where's all those hammer of wrath's coming from?" Then I noticed it was priests doing it heh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You know whats worst seal of truth sound like when the game begins in wsg that sound gets me running out every time to find the gates are still close.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Rupture sounds like a guy tapped on a 2" boiler pipe with a flat head screw driver.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]