How to beat mages as a healer?

83 Tauren Priest
As a holy priest I am able to beat every class on/off with the exception of two, feral druids who stack agility and mages.

I know at the moment that people think mages are OP, I personally don't, but I do find it extremely hard as a healer who relies on hots and heal on damage spells to stay alive 1v1 against them. Primarily because of spell steal spamming mages.

How do you do it, or is it even possible?

I find the only way is with a dps helping me, in that event they aren't an issue lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Dispel magic and psychic scream. Other than keeping them dotted up, I don't know what else to say.
Reply Quote
You could dual-spec into shadow. :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I used to DoT them up and find the nearest pillar to make sweet sweet pillar humping love to. Then you can try to outlast them mana wise by breaking up their damage with breaking LoS but it's going to be rough as a priest. You poor guys have little to no mobility.
Edited by Untippabull on 12/6/2010 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Shadow priests kill us mages.
Two classes that are OP right now are mages and priests, specifically shadow.
But hey, not complaining, I need my heals <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You can't kill mages as a healer because of this little thing called Spellsteal which is a million times better than dispel magic. Mana Burn cast takes forever, more than likely they are wearing Mage Armor, Priest damage unless Shadow spec is horrible and abilities like Ice lance are scaled to 85... I hope.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Holy Priests beat Mages by going into Smite Chakra, forcing a Counterspell with Mana Burn, and not forgetting about Chastise, Desperate Prayer, Guardian Spirit and Lightwell if you do get bursted or interrupted. =)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Lightwell is part of a priest emergency healing when pillar dancing a mage? Didn't know that, and I'm not being sarcastic. Elaborate please?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
So you thought you could create a thread on how to beat my class and I wouldn't know?

I'll just spellsteal all your buffs burst all healers and counterspell while they struggle after stealing all their buffs with 3 polymorph chain casts. No way to beat us, we're just a really skilled class especially Frost takes a lot of skill these days. Can't stack haste fast enough to spam Ice Lance like a machine gun :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]