Interrupted through unending resolve

1 Draenei Paladin
04/27/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Solarfresh
its nice to have stalking fans sometimes.

Its nice when people post on alts and dont realize the chrome add on lists characters posted on underneath their portrait
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/27/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Snozoverlord
04/27/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Solarfresh
its nice to have stalking fans sometimes.

Its nice when people post on alts and dont realize the chrome add on lists characters posted on underneath their portrait

LIEK DIS!??!?!?!

Snozoverlord
1 Draenei Paladin
arena-tournament-1:
bascal
darkspear:
aphex kachíng untippabull
magtheridon:
ßascal bascal bascalqt
malganis:
bàscál bascal
sargeras:
ßascal bascal
zuluhed:
snozoverlord
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
04/25/2014 12:13 PMPosted by ßearnaked
So I'm pretty sure this shouldn't happen but I'm getting silencing shot, counterspelled, and priest silenced with unending resolve up in arena's and rbgs but not melee interrupted. Possible bug?

I have seen this alot too.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've experienced this bug symbiosis resolve since it existed and report it multiple times.

Unending Resolve symbiosis - ONLY GRANTS AURAMASTERY TO PHYSICAL INTERUPTS. even though it says all interupts.

I've tested it on pummel/kick and yes you are granted an aura mastery. But with any ability tied to a silence you will be locked out and blanketed.

I would love for this bug to finally be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
nah
04/29/2014 08:44 AMPosted by Supatease
I've experienced this bug symbiosis resolve since it existed and report it multiple times.

Unending Resolve symbiosis - ONLY GRANTS AURAMASTERY TO PHYSICAL INTERUPTS. even though it says all interupts.

I've tested it on pummel/kick and yes you are granted an aura mastery. But with any ability tied to a silence you will be locked out and blanketed.

I would love for this bug to finally be fixed.

It's not a bug.
It's clearly intended. Read the tooltip.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're investigating this, thanks for the report.

To clarify, since it's kind of a confusing issue: when a Druid activates Unending Resolve gained through Symbiosis, they should be immune to all Interrupt effects, but not Silence effects. That's different from the Warlock version of the spell, which grants immunity to both.

The issue we're potentially seeing here is that the Interrupt portion of spells that also have Silence effects attached (such as Counterspell) is still going through, which is unintended. Silences will still interrupt casting, but the Druid should only have to wait for the Silence effect to wear off, and never be affected by the spell lockout from the Interrupt effect. That's the issue we're currently investigating.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Boomkins are extremely dangerous and hard to kill, so they couldn't make the spell equal...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/29/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Lore

To clarify, since it's kind of a confusing issue: when a Druid activates Unending Resolve gained through Symbiosis, they should be immune to all Interrupt effects, but not Silence effects. That's different from the Warlock version of the spell, which grants immunity to both.

The issue we're potentially seeing here is that the Interrupt portion of spells that also have Silence effects attached (such as Counterspell) is still going through, which is unintended. Silences will still interrupt casting, but the Druid should only have to wait for the Silence effect to wear off, and never be affected by the spell lockout from the Interrupt effect. That's the issue we're currently investigating.

I don't understand the logic here. What if a resto druid used symbiosis ice block but could still take damage from magic abilities? The spells should be equal unless stated directly on the tool tip so its not missunderstood.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/30/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Supatease

I don't understand the logic here. What if a resto druid used symbiosis ice block but could still take damage from magic abilities? The spells should be equal unless stated directly on the tool tip so its not missunderstood.

Supatease uses cloak of shadows

-->

73,234 k lava burst (42k overkill)
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Druid
Im almost sure that every moonkin has tweeted holinka about this issue months ago but it's only getting fixed now?
Disorienting Roar doesn't hit people in 10 yards (as the tooltip says) It's more like 7 yards

The tooltip of Warrior fear says 8 yards - but it actually has a 15 yard range....

I agree with supatease here

If im casting with cloak of shadows - an ability that make's all spells "miss/immune"
Why the hell should i be getting CS'd - WHICH is in fact a counterSPELL that locks me out?
Same with AMS?

It's like a rogue cloaking and using disarm trap and a mage CS's him to stop the disarm trap or w/e.

Terrible analogy but still...

It's like a DK popping AMS then using army of the dead and getting locked on it whilst AMS is up?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not to mention having to remember this minor change between symbiosis spells and non symbiosis is complexity that isn't needed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
But I guess who cares since the spell is getting deleted anyway. May as well just put up with the complexity and inconsistency until then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/30/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Supatease

what part of, "That's the issue we're currently investigating." are you not understanding? =3
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Didn't think you were referring to the Symbiosis version, whoops. Re-reading the spell's text, I doesn't appear it is supposed to grant you silence immunity like the lock's version, only interrupt immunity.

I've found a few abilities gained from Symbiosis didn't quite work the way they should or are written like CloS. Like, at one point I remember Cloak removing bleeds (though I think that might have been a bug, or hidden feature) and I'm certain that magic interrupts went through it several times as well.

A strange, but interesting spell I'll miss it next expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]