Pace of the game in WoD.

100 Human Rogue
So, according to my understanding healing and damage is going to be significantly weaker in the sense that it may take up to 15 seconds or more to top a player off from 5% health while freecasting, but at the same time a person can be at 50% health and be swapped onto by an RMP team with full cooldowns and still come out of the stunlock with 10%+ health.

Is this correct? Is this their idea of what the pace of the game should be?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Healing confirmed boring in WoD
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
where are you getting your info from?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
04/29/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Stormlashx
where are you getting your info from?

WoD notes. They said they wanted to make healing and damage gradual, not spiky. 100-0s shouldn't happen in WoD apparently even if the victim doesnt use a single cooldown.

That's my understanding, atleast.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
04/29/2014 12:51 PMPosted by Neazyx
WoD notes. They said they wanted to make healing and damage gradual, not spiky. 100-0s shouldn't happen in WoD apparently even if the victim doesnt use a single cooldown.

That's my understanding, atleast.

tank specs pls no
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
think 2s are bad now wait till wod
Reply Quote
100-0s shouldnt happen, you're right. Dont act like it takes any amount of skill to kill someone as rogue/mage
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
1. The amount of health per Stamina has approximately doubled
2. We’re also increasing creature damage and the effectiveness of healing spells to balance things out
3. Individual attacks will knock a smaller chunk off of a player’s health pool in PvP.

So theyre buffing stamina, making creatures hit harder to compensate for this buff in survivability so that PvE remains relatively unchanged, they're nerfing player damage and buffing heals.

I don't really understand?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-alpha-patch-notes-04-17-2014-4-18-2014#hp_resilience
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm rather excited for the game to rely more on strategy in the match and less on strategy at the character select screen. If I wanted to instantly die/kill opponents in pvp, I would play call of duty.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
04/29/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Captivation
100-0s shouldnt happen, you're right. Dont act like it takes any amount of skill to kill someone as rogue/mage

100-0s shouldn't happen, I suppose. At least not when someone uses their CDs, but being able to survive a swap at 50% health or something just feels like WoD is going to be all about classes that aren't bursty... They're switching the "burst > sustained in PvP" around to "Sustained > burst in pvp".

I'm sure Ret/hunter is very skillful.

04/29/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Kakkarotlul
I'm rather excited for the game to rely more on strategy in the match and less on strategy at the character select screen. If I wanted to instantly die/kill opponents in pvp, I would play call of duty.

But what strategy is there when it's going to be about TSG tunneling one target, except it takes longer? Any class with sustained dmg (melee cleaves) are going to just be amazing, while classes that rely on setup burst (rogue, mage, spriest, etc) will be terrible.... Unless they give mages and rogues sustained dmg, ROFL!
Edited by Neazyx on 4/29/2014 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
15 seconds to top someone off is a bit long of an estimate, unless you're purposefully choosing to use weaker heals in an effort to conserve mana. Our goal is that you can still top someone off in a hurry if you choose to do so, but it'll be expensive. Skilled healers will recognize when they need to spend that extra mana, or when it's okay to leave their teammate hovering around 50% or so and just sustain.

Burst windows will still be a thing. Creating opportunities via CC will still be a thing. Those are all important parts of Arena gameplay, we're just trying to get away from "if I don't keep the Shaman at 100% he might die."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/29/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Lore
Skilled healers will recognize when they need to spend that extra mana, or when it's okay to leave their teammate hovering around 50% or so and just sustain.

This is hilarious to me.

It sounds good on paper until you realize people are going to whine and moan and say "can I get a heal?"

Cataclysm 2.0
Edited by Loreth on 4/29/2014 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lore it''s always a real pleasure to hear the rationalization behind changes

Quick question of you if you could. What's the intent behind the change for Word of Glory and Light of Dawn? Paladins already spend a at least 7-9 seconds building the Holy Power we need for the spell (if we use Holy Shock primarily). Why do these have to have Cast times? It just seems a little like our bonus spell which we built to is now the same old same old. Can you clarify Developer intent behind the change?

While it could of been worded by the fellow above me better, a lot of us "are" concerned about a Cataclysm 2.0 scenario, (to steal the phrase) as it was to be frank a unmitigated pain for healers. We often would be the first kicked from a LFD group, even though it was especially on fights like Ozruc the fault of DPS taking extra damage that our Mana could not resolve.

LFD lines of "Healer sux kick him" were common, and I don't think anyone really wants to see a repeat of it is all, which is why some are so concerned. Any information would be greatly appreciated along with a eta maybe on Blood Elf Remodels? :P

Thanks for the read either way.

Edit: For the chaps griping on the next page that I posted in an Arena Forum, yeah I did. Sorry for it but I followed a Blue Tracker from MMO-C here and asked my question. It does not make my concern any less valid, merely that you dislike that I voiced that concern.
Edited by Lacryma on 4/29/2014 5:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/29/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Loreth
04/29/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Lore
Skilled healers will recognize when they need to spend that extra mana, or when it's okay to leave their teammate hovering around 50% or so and just sustain.

This is hilarious to me.

It sounds good on paper until you realize people are going to whine and moan and say "can I get a heal?"

Cataclysm 2.0

You think everyone should be at full health 100% of the time? That's boring gameplay and I for one am looking forward to healers actually being killable by one person
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/29/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Captivation
04/29/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Loreth

This is hilarious to me.

Cataclysm 2.0

You think everyone should be at full health 100% of the time? That's boring gameplay and I for one am looking forward to healers actually being killable by one person

I'm a lot more concerned about the PVE ramifications myself simply because I've had no desire to PVP since Vanilla. Healers being unkillable is a small sacrifice to me as long as I have the tools I need to get the job done on my nearly 10 year old Paladin.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Hunter
Lore seems to be the only developer talking to players about pvp class balance issues. I appreciate his keeping us informed, even more communication would be great.
Edited by Kalaria on 4/29/2014 1:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Are you somehow insinuating that they aren't at the moment?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage

healers are killable for numerous classes, it just takes a long time

04/29/2014 01:53 PMPosted by Lacryma
I'm a lot more concerned about the PVE ramifications myself simply because I've had no desire to PVP since Vanilla. Healers being unkillable is a small sacrifice to me as long as I have the tools I need to get the job done on my nearly 10 year old Paladin.

it honestly doesnt seem all that bad to me, its hilarious when i raid as a healer and watch anyone who takes damage get topped within 2 seconds, unless theres a large amount of aoe damage going out
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/29/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Sezbeth
Are you somehow insinuating that they aren't at the moment?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So is this post to be rng or some thing or are you trying to make it easier for healers to heal what is this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]