Vuhdo discontinued?

90 Tauren Shaman
i been waiting for a bit for "my dad can beat up your dad" please don't leave me hanging.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Harpoa
i been waiting for a bit for "my dad can beat up your dad" please don't leave me hanging.

Your dad can beat up my dad.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/05/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Lifegutter
Being able to color an entire frame in whatever way you want based on different conditions such as debuffs is also very nice.

Grid can do this, easily, without plugins even. Everything else you stated it can do as well, at least with plugins. And I have no idea what you mean by "Having multiple HoT indicators rather than just a bunch of numbers" because not only can indicators be *literally anything* (icon, text, colors, bars, that square thing, etc), I rarely see anyone opt for a number indicator over an icon indicator. Grid certainly doesn't force that functionality on you, and it would take some configuring to get it to do so. Likewise with Grid2, except that Grid2 makes any sort of indicator much easier to configure, and it does that better than any other healing addon I've ever used.
05/05/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Lifegutter
Healing immerseus adds just requires a simple macro to spam a spell on them. Since they change names after being healed up, it will automatically target the next one as you spam it. I would say more healers have difficulty in immerseus due to coverage or mobility limitations.

I never said it was the primary difficulty, but the fact of the matter is that if someone relies on being able to click on vuhdo bars to cast any important heals, they will need SOME alternative to be able to accommodate any encounter where you need to heal a target which isn't a raid member (and there's often about one of those about every other tier), whereas users of clique and/or mouseovers do not.

It also seems exceedingly apparent that you have not utilized Grid recently (and probably not Grid2 at all) and are doing it disservices with inaccurate criticism simply because you aren't aware of functions that it *actually does have.*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/05/2014 06:36 PMPosted by Evry
Vuhdo, Grid, and Grid2 all have working AoE indicators for clusters and for Prayer of Healing.
Your definition of working obviously isn't the same as mine if you are talking about the crap that is Grid. Grid2 I was not aware of this feature being added at all. At least last year it wasn't a feature. I would say citation needed, but it has already failed to make the cut with me personally. I got tired of waiting on them to get on Vuhdo's level.

It's a moot point. If anything I'd give customization points to grid/grid2 because of the separation of status : indicators.
Vuhdo has a separation of status : indicators as well. I can make a debuff just play a cool sound if I want based on the player's status.

In this case, clique offers more than Vuhdo does when it comes to binding keys/clicks to spells/macros.
Again, that is an extremely misleading statement. Clique offers almost infinitely fewer features than Vuhdo. It does however, offer one extra feature that is only marginally useful at best and completely useless at worst. That doesn't make Clique better than vuhdo anymore than it makes Clique better than Grid. You are comparing apples and oranges and both Vuhdo and Grid can interact with Clique if they want to. Your argument is a pointless distraction.

This is a bad analogy. Your Addons folder is a toolbox. Clique is a singular tool, like a wrench. Vuhdo is a several-in-one tool that includes a wrench. Clique's wrench is has an adjustable torque setting, where-as vuhdo's does not. Many people doing average things with their wrench probably do not need the torque limiter.
Go ahead and shut down your reality distortion field. I won't bother arguing with this because it is so obviously and terribly wrong.

05/05/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Piamette
It also seems exceedingly apparent that you have not utilized Grid recently (and probably not Grid2 at all) and are doing it disservices with inaccurate criticism simply because you aren't aware of functions that it *actually does have.*
I'll concede to that point. I haven't used Grid in about a year. I gave up over time waiting on them to implement various features and make it not suck. If they made a recent overhaul then grats to them, but I personally have no reason to switch to it. I am not aware of any feature that would convince me to go through the trouble. For someone new, obviously they would be wise to evaluate all their options.
Reply Quote
05/05/2014 07:47 PMPosted by Lifegutter
if you are talking about the crap that is Grid

I'd like to see some qualification for calling it "crap." I haven't used Grid in a while (since T14) but it worked correctly for the parameters for CoH and PoH.

Go ahead and shut down your reality distortion field. I won't bother arguing with this because it is so obviously and terribly wrong.

Keep taking your meds, kid :\

Vuhdo has a separation of status : indicators as well. I can make a debuff just play a cool sound if I want based on the player's status.

Not to near the same degree that grid and grid2 do. I'm well aware of bouquets and what you can and can't do with them. You cannot, however, create new indicators in Vuhdo. It's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
05/05/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Bunny
Blizz frames also pretty awesome though less aesthetically customizable.

Has Blizz ever fixed the problem when people leaving and joining in the middle of a fight, their default raid frame would just mess up? For example, the person getting healed may not be the one showing in the frame. This is really annoying when healing LFRs. I know that Vuhdo and Healbot can handle this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My raid frame can beat up your raid frame.

This thread is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'd like to see some qualification for calling it "crap."
You like it, so do the math.

Keep taking your meds, kid :\
Might want to lay off some of yours, junior.

Not to near the same degree that grid and grid2 do. I'm well aware of bouquets and what you can and can't do with them. You cannot, however, create new indicators in Vuhdo. It's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
First of all, I never said you could create custom indicators. I said that indicators and status are different in the add-on which is true. You are twisting my words to make a point. As for the lack of ability to design custom indicators, this isn't much of a limitation in Vuhdo although this admittedly is one of the few areas that I did code workarounds for along with custom bouquet validator code and such to go along with it. It's quite clear to me you don't know what you are talking about either, but I guess we can agree to think each other are retards.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/05/2014 07:56 PMPosted by Jesminia
05/05/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Bunny
Blizz frames also pretty awesome though less aesthetically customizable.

Has Blizz ever fixed the problem when people leaving and joining in the middle of a fight, their default raid frame would just mess up? For example, the person getting healed may not be the one showing in the frame. This is really annoying when healing LFRs. I know that Vuhdo and Healbot can handle this.

Nope. That's why I stopped using it :P It affects other raid frames addons as well.

I would have used grid but it wouldn't fix within where I wanted it to :(

05/05/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Convictfish

This thread is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I use ElvUI raid frames. #hipstertotems

I also play it with Clique. The functionality of clique is very customizable(?) but requires a good raid frames addon to compliment it. I haven't moved back to Grid (I used it back before Grid2) nor ever moved to Vuhdo out of lazyness, but every healer finds what they find comfortable the most and play with it. Each addon has its own diversity and benefits just as its drawbacks.

CHERISH OUR DIVERSITY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I actually said I used the Elvui frames before you so. ...

*nudges glasses*
Reply Quote
5 Troll Hunter
One of my favorite Vuhdo features is the arrow pointing toward out of range raid members when you mouseover their frame. Do any of the others have this? I've only used Healbot and now Vuhdo.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/05/2014 09:10 PMPosted by Eppa
One of my favorite Vuhdo features is the arrow pointing toward out of range raid members when you mouseover their frame. Do any of the others have this? I've only used Healbot and now Vuhdo.

Grid and Grid2 both can do this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As long as someone isn't using healium, I am a happy healer :P
Reply Quote
5 Troll Hunter
05/05/2014 09:17 PMPosted by Piamette
05/05/2014 09:10 PMPosted by Eppa

Grid and Grid2 both can do this.

Sweet, thanks.

Another question. I almost exclusively use mouseover macros when healing, but I do use the the click-to-cast feature in Vuhdo for offensive spells, mainly interrupts on Garrosh mind controls. If I were to switch to Grid/Grid2, would I need to add Clique as well to do this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healium is the best add-on. Only the pros can handle it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/05/2014 09:34 PMPosted by Eppa
Another question. I almost exclusively use mouseover macros when healing, but I do use the the click-to-cast feature in Vuhdo for offensive spells, mainly interrupts on Garrosh mind controls. If I were to switch to Grid/Grid2, would I need to add Clique as well to do this?

You would need clique for any click-to-cast stuff with grid/grid2, however I have never used offensive spells through click-to-cast binds so I wouldn't be the expert there.
Also regarding the mouseover arrow - I haven't found a way for Grid2 to display it ONLY when the target is both mouseovered AND out of range. It seems to only do it always for either when enabled (so all out of range people... or any target you mouseover, which was annoying), so I disabled that feature reluctantly. Grid's plugin for it, however, works exactly how you'd want it to.
Edited by Piamette on 5/5/2014 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Grid2 I was not aware of this feature being added at all. At least last year it wasn't a feature.

Yes, it was. It's been around and accurate circa 2011.

Clique offers almost infinitely fewer features than Vuhdo.

No one is arguing that Clique is a replacement in its entirety for Vuhdo. They're saying that for mouseover functionality Clique serves every function that Vuhdo does and then some.

05/05/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Convictfish

This thread is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
05/05/2014 10:02 PMPosted by Crzed
Yes, it was. It's been around and accurate circa 2011.
Thanks for the fact check buddy, but the last time I tried it didn't work right. Looking back at their documentation, it seems that it was broken at that time due to missing map data or something. It isn't the first time I've had problems with that and other features but maybe I'm just really unlucky and it always happen to just suck when I use it. Good on them for fixing it, but as far as it concerned me if it wasn't working when I used it, it didn't work. Vuhdo has never given me crap, so how about that..

No one is arguing that Clique is a replacement in its entirety for Vuhdo. They're saying that for mouseover functionality Clique serves every function that Vuhdo does and then some.
I never claimed that anyone said that clique was a full replacement for Vuhdo. What I have said multiple times is that the value of clique is being overstated.

This thread is retarded.
One thing I think all of us can agree on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Grid and Clique have been around for a long, long time.

It's nice to see their reliability is still present.

However, some don't like the lengthy customization you need to do to make the functions work optimally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]