New NightElves and fangs...

90 Troll Warlock
I just made a post about their claws but I forgot to ask one thing: is anyone actually spotting the so-called "pointy fingernails" described by the artist in the post?

Here's what he said:

We wanted to visually communicate that she is a fully capable warrior huntress, and small details like muscle definition help highlight that. We also put additional focus on her hands and fingernails, giving a very slight point to her nails to provide just a hint of a more feral nature.

It's so "slight" that I can't even spot it!

It should be more like these:

https://i.imgur.com/lAudPqL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6DasQk6.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/13/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Sereven

Typical het male power fantasy character is typical het male power fantasy character.

With fantastic hair and makeup.

(insert joke about how those heels support her arches, if not her archery)

Heels were designed for horseback archery. A masculinity fad in France got women wearing them.
So... what your saying is we get heels when we get flying mount combat with Wrath? xD
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I wouldn't call them 'Fangs' but more like canines, just a but longer. Becasue when I think of fangs I think of like ya know, Worgen. I still do love the new models.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I wouldn't call them 'Fangs' but more like canines, just a but longer. Becasue when I think of fangs I think of like ya know, Worgen. I still do love the new models.

fang
faNG/
noun
noun: fang; plural noun: fangs

a large, sharp tooth
Edited by Darstine on 5/13/2014 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Who cares about fangs...

Maybe we are trying to turn this into Twilight Online where we already have the cute little fluffy werewolves and we're missing the vampires...hmm makes sense. GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
05/13/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Rhiash
05/13/2014 01:34 PMPosted by Maelador
And Blizz isn't likely to change it back. Regardless of how terrible it sounds.
I actually think they still might, since it isn't a finished model and beta hasn't even come out, yet.

I was referring to Tyrande's voice. the new NElf model looks okay.

Honestly think the whole NElves evolving from trolls bit was a terrible decision, by Blizz. It really takes away from the NElf mystique and the whole 'children of Elune' belief. Or why Dryads and Keepers of the Grove, who basically are the children of Elune, look so much like NElves.
Edited by Maelador on 5/13/2014 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
/talk close up. you'll see them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/13/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Maelador
05/13/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Rhiash
...I actually think they still might, since it isn't a finished model and beta hasn't even come out, yet.

I was referring to Tyrande's voice. the new NElf model looks okay.

Honestly think the whole NElves evolving from trolls bit was a terrible decision, by Blizz. It really takes away from the NElf mystique and the whole 'children of Elune' belief. Or why Dryads and Keepers of the Grove, who basically are the children of Elune, look so much like NElves.
I like that Night Elves have evolved from trolls, but yeah... Tyrande's voice is a bit terrible. The children of Elune bit works if they are evolved from trolls, since they were shaped into something else by Elune's power and the power of the Well of Eternity.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We're continually iterating the models, and Artcraft is specifically intended to show a behind-the-scenes look at our process. While we try to make things look as polished as possible, it's still a snapshot look at what is usually a process that continues to go on for several months. The female Human, which was the first model we showed through Artcraft, has continued to have tweaks and refinements since we showed her. Similarly, the female Night Elf shown today is an in-progress version, and the current model we're working with does have pronounced canines.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/13/2014 03:30 PMPosted by Xevon
Who cares about fangs...

Maybe we are trying to turn this into Twilight Online where we already have the cute little fluffy werewolves and we're missing the vampires...hmm makes sense. GO TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!
Please race change, as you are apparently a terrible Night Elf. If we wanted to be vampires, we'd just be Blood Elf death knights and spec blood, since that's essentially all that it takes to be part of the San'layn.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
05/13/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Bashiok
We're continually iterating the models, and Artcraft is specifically intended to show a behind-the-scenes look at our process. While we try to make things look as polished as possible, it's still a snapshot look at what is usually a process that continues to go on for several months. The female Human, which was the first model we showed through Artcraft, has continued to have tweaks and refinements since we showed her. Similarly, the female Night Elf shown today is an in-progress version, and the current model we're working with [url="https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/status/466351750329688064"]does have pronounced canines[/url].
Thank you for clarifying that for us, Bash! :D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
We're continually iterating the models, and Artcraft is specifically intended to show a behind-the-scenes look at our process. While we try to make things look as polished as possible, it's still a snapshot look at what is usually a process that continues to go on for several months. The female Human, which was the first model we showed through Artcraft, has continued to have tweaks and refinements since we showed her. Similarly, the female Night Elf shown today is an in-progress version, and the current model we're working with [url="https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/status/466351750329688064"]does have pronounced canines[/url].

A sigh of relief.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest

Ok. Nice to see the attention to detail there that is not being left out. Prominent canines are a part of the night elf model.

BUT...that being said, the canines in this Twitter picture are a bit TOO "vampirish." Too piercing looking. In my opinion, deemphasize this by making the fangs a bit wider to look less "snake fang-like."

It is an easy line to cross. Just needs a small tweek and it will work well.
Edited by Madia on 5/13/2014 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
05/13/2014 04:05 PMPosted by Madia
BUT...that being said, the canines in this Twitter picture are a bit TOO "vampirish." Too piercing looking. In my opinion, deemphasize this by making the fangs a bit wider to look less "snake fang-like."

What if I want the NELF ladies to have fangs that enable her to nibble on my neck to feed off my delicious blood?
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
What if I want the NELF ladies to have fangs that enable her to nibble on my neck to feed off my delicious blood?

Then you go play another game where the lore says vampires actually exist. /fume
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/13/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Fairadey

This one gets it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/13/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Nirn
Because they do have fangs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Now that makes me want to make Night Elf :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]