This is dumb

90 Troll Hunter
04/30/2014 11:03 AMPosted by Dhgwarkey
Ill be playing LoL or SWTOR till WoD hits

You do know that Story Mode raids in SWTOR also do not drop tier gear?
100 Night Elf Druid
04/30/2014 12:24 PMPosted by Menrva
04/30/2014 12:21 PMPosted by Celista

Have you ever seen people this upset BEFORE AN EXPANSION WAS ACTUALLY RELEASED? Usually players are happy and excited for a new expansion!

Go to the blue post section of mmo champion and jump back about 300 pages in general. Everytime before a xpac release the forums are up in arms over something.

No. Not like this.
04/30/2014 12:22 PMPosted by Avilon
04/30/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Bashiok
One pretty cool factor of the Group Finder tool will be that people won't be able to start groups and require things of others they themselves have not achieved. Such as requiring an ilvl higher than what they themselves currently have.

Cool story bro but for this system to work that means people will have to use it. Sadly people will do what they can to alienate the player base who don't have ilvl 6000 for ilvl 50 content.

At this point and time I don't have a great deal of hope for group finder. Hope I'm wrong.

You do realize that there's not some magical blob of 'them' that are always higher ilvl than you, always demanding higher ilvl than what you've got, with no other alternative, right?

What I'm saying is, man up & recruit if the other guy's standards are too high. It takes me 10 minutes to fill a flex group on a slow day - all you have to do is actually try.

Seriously, look at my toon - granted it doesn't show all my alts' progress but all my toons are within 30 ilvls of this guy, most of them on the low side. I have no issues making flex raids. Because I actually get in there & do it.
90 Pandaren Monk
04/30/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Eberc
04/30/2014 12:12 PMPosted by Atomix
They remove flying to create 'immersion', but at the same time remove quest text.

wat

You haven't been reading all the released info about WoD, have you? Quests won't have text associated with them.

For me, knowing why I had to go collect/kill whatever creature or object, created immersion. But that's not important anymore

SOME quests won't have text associated with them, usually side quests and stuff you bump into.
It's important not to skip over the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13942448/dev-watercooler-raiding-azeroth-part-3-warlords-of-draenor-4-30-2014"]Group Finder section[/url]! It'll help everyone, regardless of their current focus, be able to find and create groups for content:

Another central innovation in Warlords is our Group Finder feature, which will allow players to easily form and search for raid groups (among other activities) with players from their entire region. While this series of blogs has mostly focused on pre-existing social structures, pick-up groups continue to be tremendously important. Chance meetings in such groups have formed the basis for many a friendship, and recurring weekly pickup groups have given rise to more than a few guilds over the years. For players who want to take the next step beyond Raid Finder, or who want to find a weekend run for their alt, or who just need a last-minute tenth member for their raid, Group Finder will make that process easier than ever before.

To your concern:
04/30/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
It took me a very long time to even be able to be considered for flex runs and whatnot on my server due to the super high standards every group leader seems to have.

One pretty cool factor of the Group Finder tool will be that people won't be able to start groups and require things of others they themselves have not achieved. Such as requiring an ilvl higher than what they themselves currently have.

The new Group Finder will be something everyone has access to, it'll allow all players within an entire region to easily find each other, which will make it a very active place to find groups, and we hope through some smart options and rules, getting into organized group content much, much easier for everyone.

I am done with this game, thanks for ruining it for me. Can I get a refund? I really don't want WoD anymore.
100 Human Warlock
04/30/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
I really don't appreciate the PoV that blizzard has for those of us who use LFR as our main raiding option. Reading their most recent blue post (from MMO-champ) I've gathered that they think the people who complete LFR are suddenly going to start venturing out and trying to do harder content. While that may be true for some it's not true for all. It took me a very long time to even be able to be considered for flex runs and whatnot on my server due to the super high standards every group leader seems to have. Having to out-gear an entire wing just to get into a group? What is the point?! Yes, let's do Flex 1 - but you have to have a 550+ ilvl...O_o

I'm saddened to see that they listened to all of the stupidity surrounding those players who are unable to limit their gameplay in a week and thus end up "burnt out" on NEW content in 2-3 months. That is NOT my fault. That is not the fault of other LFR players (well, maybe it's partially the fault of those who refuse to carry their weight thru the raid) that you felt some strange need to raid until you couldn't stand looking at the instance any more...but now you've gone and thrown a wrench in the cogs.

I hope you're all pleased now. LFR is no longer offering tier or decent trinkets. It was already just the crumbs of raiding in this game and now it's dissolving into dust.

Just one more way that Blizzard has decided to cater to the elitists and go against their word.

So, if you don't plan on ever stepping into harder content, what do you need the better gear for?
100 Undead Warlock
04/30/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
04/30/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Gilloch
This implies that cross realm raiding will not be going away with WoD as has been previously stated.

Is this the case?

Who stated that? Both Normal and Heroic are flexible and cross-realm, and groups can be created for and/or joined for either using the new Group Finder tool, or any other method you like.

04/30/2014 12:19 PMPosted by Gilloch

The only cross-realm raiding that's slated to go away is Heroic (soon to be Mythic) raiding. Flex/Normal (soon to be Normal/Heroic) were already slated to be cross-realm and flexible in WoD.

That's pretty legit then. :)

I'm less frustrated than I was previously.
100 Goblin Shaman

I love this- this is something I suggested a very, very long time back.

See folks- Bliz does listen to us (on some things anyways).
I like that this:

The new Group Finder will be something everyone has access to, it'll allow all players within an entire region to easily find each other, which will make it a very active place to find groups, and we hope through some smart options and rules, getting into organized group content much, much easier for everyone.

Lead immediately to this:

I am done with this game, thanks for ruining it for me. Can I get a refund? I really don't want WoD anymore.
Edited by Atomix on 4/30/2014 12:34 PM PDT
93 Goblin Priest
04/30/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Myrachan
SOME quests won't have text associated with them, usually side quests and stuff you bump into.

I believe it was the bonus quests that pop up while you are out and about that dont... I think
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/30/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Onashonawe
And what about those of us who do not like the Group Finder crap? You guys are deliberately trying to drive your customer base away by giving a big middle finger to those of us who us LFR. Dealing with Group Finder is a pain in the rear and not worth the trouble. LFR made sense, helped out massively. For those of us who cant spend 40 hours a week in the game (12 max level characters eats up a lot of time) LFR was a godsend, and you just told us you want to make it 100% WORTHLESS.

My brain hurts. Have you tried flex raiding? It takes less time to find a cross-realm flex group, join it, clear the wing, and move on, than it does to sit in the LFR queue. The only problem is you actually have to be half-decent at this game to succeed, no more ignoring every mechanic in the dungeon and powering through them like LFR :P

Also, they didn't say there won't be ANY loot in LFR, unless I'm way late to the party here and that was just announced in the last day or so. To be fair, I have been on vacation for a week.
Bashiok said the positive part, which I didn't like, which leads me to saying I want a refund.
100 Tauren Druid
If you want a refund on WoD, but want to continue playing, know that they will lock any boosted toons. No access to them at all, so if you request it, clear everything from them first.
100 Draenei Paladin
04/30/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Atomix
You do realize that there's not some magical blob of 'them' that are always higher ilvl than you, always demanding higher ilvl than what you've got, with no other alternative, right?

Hmmm come play on Stormrage and let me know how that goes for you. On the positive side i will come and play on your magical sever and clear stuff.

Yeah that was sarcastic by the way.
Edited by Avilon on 4/30/2014 12:37 PM PDT
100 Troll Druid
Usually players are happy and excited for a new expansion!

No every new expansion brings out the nay sayers and prophets of doom, who claim that what ever change they do not like will ruin wow. Then drive the player base to other games.

Please think about what you are doing before we lose even more subscribers to ESO, Wildstar, Rift, SWTOR, EQ:N, Destiny, Archeage, Landmark, or any other MMO/expansion coming out this year.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH there you are in the same post even.
100 Goblin Priest
04/30/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Jujubiju

I love this- this is something I suggested a very, very long time back.

See folks- Bliz does listen to us (on some things anyways).

It's a great thing to implement, honestly. It's one of the features I like about OQ as well.

However, I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that it will stop people from trying to get carried. Just because a 522 player can't automatically filter out players below 540 doesn't mean that they actually have to invite any sub-540 players. It will still pay to inspect the raid leader and see if they are trying to get carried.

What it does mean, however, is that if you see someone with a minimum ilvl set at 550, you can be sure that they at least have that ilvl. Well geared players will probably still be best served by waitlisting for the raids with the highest minimum ilvl.
100 Tauren Druid
04/30/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Shandrya
And what about those of us who do not like the Group Finder crap? You guys are deliberately trying to drive your customer base away by giving a big middle finger to those of us who us LFR. Dealing with Group Finder is a pain in the rear and not worth the trouble. LFR made sense, helped out massively. For those of us who cant spend 40 hours a week in the game (12 max level characters eats up a lot of time) LFR was a godsend, and you just told us you want to make it 100% WORTHLESS.

My brain hurts. Have you tried flex raiding? It takes less time to find a cross-realm flex group, join it, clear the wing, and move on, than it does to sit in the LFR queue. The only problem is you actually have to be half-decent at this game to succeed, no more ignoring every mechanic in the dungeon and powering through them like LFR :P

Also, they didn't say there won't be ANY loot in LFR, unless I'm way late to the party here and that was just announced in the last day or so. To be fair, I have been on vacation for a week.

No tier gear. No trinkets. No gear that even looks halfway decent.

And trying to find a flex group on my server is a pain in the but, as every group so far has asked for a 545+ ilvls and having experience in flex or normal (at least at the hours I have to play)
Blizzard Employee
Have you ever seen people this upset BEFORE AN EXPANSION WAS ACTUALLY RELEASED? Usually players are happy and excited for a new expansion!

I've been in Community for every World of Warcraft expansion, and yes, it's the same every single time.

People are always concerned with changes, and concern is fine, and we'll communicate our intent, and you'll tell us how well you think it'll work out, or if it seems like a good or bad idea for you and how you play the game, and we'll have a beta test where we figure all these things out, and we'll make adjustments, and decisions, and etc. etc.

It does tend to be a bit more upsetting before actual live testing begins. We announce changes, we put info out there, it's confusing, it's out of context a lot of the time, and it just is generally when our least productive feedback comes in. When testing actually begins and people can play the game and see how it's working, that's generally when things calm down, people see the results of these changes, there's context, and we can get into the nitty gritty testing and balancing.

But yes, I've seen people upset before every single expansion for the last 10 years. Mainly because saying "I'm so excited!" isn't much of a conversation starter. "This will ruin the game forever." tends to create more responses and threads. :)
100 Orc Warrior
04/30/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Supertom
Bashiok said the positive part, which I didn't like, which leads me to saying I want a refund.

Can you elaborate what you don't like about what he said? Because it sounds like something that would help people progress.
100 Dwarf Death Knight
04/30/2014 12:34 PMPosted by Shandrya

That depends. I have yet to be able to beat Garrosh flex on my hunter. No one wants my 535ilvl self fighting Garrosh.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]