Warlords of Draenor Friends & Family Alpha

(Locked)

Community Manager
Warlords of Draenor alpha invites have gone out to a small number of individuals for our first phase of external testing, historically dubbed “Friends & Family” for its limited scope of availability to Blizzard employees’ friends and family, as well as some streamers, press outlets, and fansites. Alpha testers are free to share screenshots and videos, stream content, publicly discuss their experiences in the alpha, and offer their feedback in the Alpha Feedback forum.

This initial wave is extremely limited, and we’ll be sending additional invites as testing progresses. In the meantime, we recommend visiting your favorite fansites for information and updates, Twitch to watch streams, and the front page here at WorldofWarcraft.com for continuing content updates. You can also check out the full alpha patch notes right here!

Please be aware that no keys are available for the Warlords of Draenor alpha, so be on guard for potential scams using invites as a lure. You can always check to see if you’ve been invited by logging into your Battle.net account at http://www.battle.net and viewing your available game licenses. You’ll never need to click on a link in an email to redeem a testing invite for Warlords of Draenor. Visit our security site for information on how to identify and avoid scams intended to steal your account information.

If you’re interested in participating in future testing phases, you can opt in here to World of Warcraft and other Blizzard game-testing opportunities. Additional invite opportunities will be announced as they become available, and we recommend checking back regularly for updates.

[edit] Worth noting that the keys given out at PAX East are for a future phase of Beta testing and are not yet active. We'll announce which phase they're active and redeemable for when that phase arrives.
Edited by Bashiok on 6/4/2014 6:24 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
Good guy Bashiok clearing the confusion.
90 Troll Priest
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Alpha or Riot! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Edited by Soulyouth on 6/4/2014 6:07 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
amazing how many "friends" have twitch streaming channels.

>.>
<.<
90 Troll Druid
Hey there Bashiok, best moonkin USA here. I think there's a bug in your system because I didn't get an invite to test out the new moonkin changes and theorycraft with all the moonkin buds I have. Hopefully you guys can fix that bug so we can get moonkin really polished up before WoD is live :D
90 Worgen Warrior
Give Sparty an invite.... Now...
90 Orc Rogue
I was wondering how you get invited to wod alpha I would love to try it
90 Troll Druid
Also Bashiok, my bud Fountaiin, 2nd best moonkin USA, just informed me that he didn't get an invite either. Looks like their might be a couple of bugs in your system. You can find his stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/fountainx. He loves to help the moonkin community every day. You can also find my guide on Icy-Veins, where I help struggling balance druids: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/5528-balance-moonkin-info-and-fixing-your-dps/
55 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh well your favorite streamer didn't get an invite. They should have to wait for an invite just like the rest of us.
90 Human Monk
Give me an invite then give sparty an invite aswell.
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/04/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Overspark
amazing how many "friends" have twitch streaming channels.

Yeah, he addressed that:
06/04/2014 06:02 PMPosted by Bashiok
as well as some streamers, press outlets, and fansites.
90 Night Elf Druid
So your "Opt in" link takes you to another page, right?? And from THAT page there's a link that takes you to your beta profile settings... only, the link is broken. Just an FYI.
90 Human Hunter
how do you use the level 90 upgrade
1 Human Priest
How convenient that these "friends" were also the first into Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm as well. I guess our $15 per month means nothing to Blizz.
90 Human Warrior
I opted in.

Crossing fingers, towes, eyes, and even my tongue to get in. Don't ask how I am typing this, you really don't wanna know.
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/04/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Denera
How convenient that these "friends" were also the first into Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm as well. I guess our $15 per month means nothing to Blizz.
The first wave of invites always go to streamers, press, and internet personalities as it gives more exposure than tossing invites out to random people.
Edited by Bullettime on 6/4/2014 6:22 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
So can I haz invite plox?
73 Blood Elf Priest
Was going to say people on youtube and twitch are "Friends & Family"

Don't forget the cash shop for this game blizzard said can't ever be F2P tho they have no problem using a cash shop.
Edited by Vot on 6/4/2014 6:25 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]