Pet bar missing!?

24 Gnome Rogue
Hello there. I created a goblin warlock to experience the new starting areas. With bartender active, my pet bar is visible, however, none of the abilities on it are being (or capable of being) used. My voidwalker's torment is on auto cast, yet isn't used this way (it is used if i actually click on the ability, yet i shoudn't have to since autocast is enabled). In addition, I pressed the 'stop' and 'move to' buttons, but my pet didn't respond to it.

Thinking bartender was the problem, I logged and turned bartender off. upon logging back in, my pet bar isn't even there anymore. I'll refrain from using bartender if it means my pet bar is visible and all the abilities are being used properly, but I don't know how to toggle it and bring it back up.

So, does anyone know how I can make the abilities on the pet bar (with bartender active) or how to bring it back up (make it visible) without using bartender? (or any other action bar mod?)
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
You can't control your pet until you are lvl 10.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Did you train the "Command Pet" (or Minion, Demon, or similar) ability at level 10? I've had that same experience - Bartender made the pet bar show up, but it wasn't useable. (In the default UI, you can't even see the pet bar, so it sounds like things are correct for you - as they should look until you train that ability)
Reply Quote
24 Gnome Rogue
12/07/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Stormbreaker

So they give you a pet, but not the skills associated with it? I didn't realize this was working as intended.

Regardless, does anyone know how to toggle the pet bar (without any action bar mods enabled?) All I have visible is the action bars, and I cannot find any options that allow the toggle of the pet bar.
Reply Quote
24 Gnome Rogue
12/07/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Gitana
Did you train the "Command Pet" (or Minion, Demon, or similar) ability at level 10? I've had that same experience - Bartender made the pet bar show up, but it wasn't useable. (In the default UI, you can't even see the pet bar, so it sounds like things are correct for you - as they should look until you train that ability)

?
Thanks for the confirmation. Is this new? Or has it been around a while? Now that I think about it, i haven't played a class with a pet in a long time. My Hunter hit 80 way back when Wrath came out, and last night was the first warlock I have made. I'm 1 bar from level 10 so regardless, it looks like this problem will be resolved for me soon. thanks

Edit: I realize how I got thrown off. Interesting that you receive the spell to summon a pet yet lack the means to control it til later.
Edited by Margret on 12/7/2010 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2010 1:51 PMPosted by Margret
12/07/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Stormbreaker

So they give you a pet, but not the skills associated with it? I didn't realize this was working as intended.

Regardless, does anyone know how to toggle the pet bar (without any action bar mods enabled?) All I have visible is the action bars, and I cannot find any options that allow the toggle of the pet bar.

Thats because you aren't level 10 yet. You aren't suppose to have a pet bar until you hit lvl 10 however some mods like Bartender give it to you but it doesn't do anything.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
12/07/2010 1:52 PMPosted by Margret
12/07/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Gitana

?
Thanks for the confirmation. Is this new? Or has it been around a while? Now that I think about it, i haven't played a class with a pet in a long time. My Hunter hit 80 way back when Wrath came out, and last night was the first warlock I have made. I'm 1 bar from level 10 so regardless, it looks like this problem will be resolved for me soon. thanks

I believe the change was made in 4.0.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
this changed as of 4.0, tbh, just stick with it, at the end of the day you are only going to be under lvl 10 for so little that is not even worth the trouble caused by it.
Edited by Ojetex on 12/7/2010 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
I am at level 10. I still have no pet action bar available. I have trained in 'command pet'. My pet is vey unhappy and will probably soon attack me with moth spit...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]