Where does inquisition fit in?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm kind of wondering where inquisition fits into the tank rotation given that it shares holy power with sotr, and has no CD?

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Things we do that cause physical (nonholy) damage:
-Autoattack
-Crusader Strike
-(small) single-target part of Hammer of the Righteous

Things we do that cause Holy damage:
-Everything else.
(Seal damage)
(Shield of Righteousness)
(Judgement)
(AoE portion of Hammer of the Righteous)
(Consecrate)
(Avenger's Shield)
(Holy Wrath)
(Exorcism)

EDIT: Just stating the obvious/facts so that you know just what you're buffing when you pop it.
Edited by Stax on 12/7/2010 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, doesn't last long enough to fit into any rotation. Probably a slight increase for Ret, but as someone else said, you could get in another TV instead. :-/
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/07/2010 8:32 PMPosted by Stax
Things we do that cause physical (nonholy) damage:
-Autoattack
-Crusader Strike
-(small) single-target part of Hammer of the Righteous

Things we do that cause Holy damage:
-Everything else.
(Seal damage)
(Shield of Righteousness)
(Judgement)
(AoE portion of Hammer of the Righteous)
(Consecrate)
(Avenger's Shield)
(Holy Wrath)
(Exorcism)

EDIT: Just stating the obvious/facts so that you know just what you're buffing when you pop it.

Dear Prot: If I catch you using Exorcism, I will stop healing you. Love, Holy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
use it for spike aggro or during an AoE pull, perhaps? it's really to buff ret's holy damage, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The way to use Inquisition is to wait until you have 3HP then hit Zealotry, Inquisition, Crusader Strike and then TV.

I have found that it will keep dps at quite good levels with minor changes for any procs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You can use it while AoE tanking if you need the extra threat, beyond that I have no idea.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In 5-mans, prot paladins running inquisition are DESTROYING damage meters. Generally hovering around 10k dps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually tank dps does matter. Talents and abilities no longer have extra threat baked in. Our threat is from our damage and healing, abilities like heroic strike, maul, and rune strike no longer cause more threat. You won't see DKs spaming icy touch anymore because it won't work. Tanks need to worry about their dps, bad tanks will still try to claim they don't.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually tank dps does matter. Talents and abilities no longer have extra threat baked in. Our threat is from our damage and healing, abilities like heroic strike, maul, and rune strike no longer cause more threat. You won't see DKs spaming icy touch anymore because it won't work. Tanks need to worry about their dps, bad tanks will still try to claim they don't.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 5:36 AMPosted by Orocowsaki
yet another terribad paladin tank who cares about padding dps meters.

go diaf, dps is NOT FOR TANKS, you want to watch OMEN not RECOUNT.

Look, a level 81 Paladin who hasn't seen the absolute #%!@storm that is level 85 dungeons.

You need to pump out all the damage you can in order to hold threat on mobs AND kill them for before the healer goes OOM. These things hit HARD and don't care if you need 5 seconds to get aggro. I'm sure once epics come out this will be less of an issue, but for now you need to be putting out as much damage as possible in order to survive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 5:36 AMPosted by Orocowsaki
yet another terribad paladin tank who cares about padding dps meters.

go diaf, dps is NOT FOR TANKS, you want to watch OMEN not RECOUNT.

dude.

dude.

dps=threat

dude.

the more dps you do the higher your threat output is, you can't ride along with your threat modifiers forever. what do you think this whole vengeance thing is about?

TLDR:
pop inqu on trash packs to get some snap aggro.
i usually hit plea then inqu to buff holy wrath/hotr/consecrate's damage then jump into a pack.
prot is not supposed to have a high inqu uptime the way ret is.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
Divine Plea -> Inquisition -> Avenger's Sheild -> HotR -> Holy wrath to start a pull and hold it against aoe/non assisting dps?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 6:56 AMPosted by Protopanzer
Divine Plea -> Inquisition -> Avenger's Sheild -> HotR -> Holy wrath to start a pull and hold it against aoe/non assisting dps?

Drop a conc. under your feet and that combo is good for AoE threat and should hold up to *most* caster DPS if their gear is equivalent to yours. Just make sure you are somewhat familiar with patrols and pathing before you set up your killbox.

For bosses, popping a 3 power shield in their face seems to be better as an opener. Drop inquisition when you can afford to if you need some extra aggro or want a bigger gap for when lust is used. That extra damage on censure can make all the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 3:30 AMPosted by Tarmaniel
You can use it while AoE tanking if you need the extra threat, beyond that I have no idea.

^ this.

<have 3 HoPo>-Inquisition (Wings) - HotR - Cons - HotR - HW - HotR - Inq - HotR - AS - HotR - ........
At that point you're out of AE %!@# to cast. Make something up until HW & Consecrate are back off CD. Or use GrC procs if you specced it.

^ from Maintankadin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]