Thanks Blizzard!

84 Undead Priest
Healing is fun and dynamic again! I was going to level my lowbie druid after seeing how "screwed" priests would be come Cata. I'm so happy that this is not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I dont understand why people were so scared of Cata. It was the same way, PreLK, and PreBC. ZOMG Blizz is gonna break us!

I have never had more fun then healing in BRC last night. Going into new zones, and learning the fights first hand. So much fun!

I dont even see a problem with mana. Never below 90% so far. LOVE IT.
Reply Quote
84 Undead Priest
12/08/2010 6:19 AMPosted by Munney
I have never had more fun then healing in BRC last night.

This exactly. It was challenging and it felt so much more rewarding once we got it done. I hear it gets a lot tougher after the first two new dungeons, can't wait to take the bull by the horns and do it to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I dont even see a problem with mana. Never below 90% so far. LOVE IT

This will change in a few levels as spells are getting more expensive.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Wait until you get to heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I dont understand why people were so scared of Cata. It was the same way, PreLK, and PreBC. ZOMG Blizz is gonna break us!

I have never had more fun then healing in BRC last night. Going into new zones, and learning the fights first hand. So much fun!

I dont even see a problem with mana. Never below 90% so far. LOVE IT.

You forgot to mention you haven't reached 84-85 and your spells aren't scaling with your new gear.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
12/08/2010 9:31 PMPosted by Yse
Wait until you get to heroics.

Heroics haven't been too bad so far. It's a matter of having competent dps and a good tank who all know the boss fight mechanics. Trash is very easy once properly CCd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have to agree with Hoshiko, I don't find the new healing style they've pushed on us to be fun at all. Spamming the slow, generic weak heal is just boring. It's really too bad I'm not liking healing because some of the new fights have really interesting and fun mechanics. :(
Edited by Elliora on 12/9/2010 1:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
No problems here. Though I was having mana problems as disc, once I switched to Holy I was fine.

Thus far no wipe has been due to me being OOM or being unable to cope with incomming damage (that wasn't due to obvious and excessive screw-ups by tank/dps)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Healed a few dungeons as holy so far and I have to say the new healing style is tedious. While I understand that mana as our main resource must be managed efficiently I do feel that at least with priests Blizzard went a bit overboard, I find myself running oom far too often without ever touching a large heal such as Flash or the like. AoE still seems fairly prevalent in Cata dungeons and Heal seems to only heal for around 5-10% of your average DPS' health pool let alone a tank.

Whilst it is no longer 1 Button spamming it is now a tedium of long slow casts with little to no effect and the constant worry that if you stray from this linear style of healing you will be going OOM fasting than you could type it.

Ill wait until I get full heroic gear and maybe reforge some spirit before I judge further but at this stage it is DULL, just as dull as WotLK was.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh and it is kind of lame to see my spells healing for about as much as they did in ICC with a 20% buff, especially considering they cost around 5 times as much to cast and our mana pool has only been doubled.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/09/2010 1:30 AMPosted by Hoshiko
12/09/2010 1:13 AMPosted by Manthrà
No problems here. Though I was having mana problems as disc, once I switched to Holy I was fine.

Thus far no wipe has been due to me being OOM or being unable to cope with incomming damage (that wasn't due to obvious and excessive screw-ups by tank/dps)

So you are saying that, despite the tons of priest crying out, that you haven't noticed that your heals are weaker than they should be considering your gear level and toon level, and that the % MP cost is perfectly fine for the amount of HP that is restored?

Healing changed. It's harder yes, but I have been able to heal 5Mans without issue thus far.
As far as :Tons" of every class is crying out, There are people unable to deal with changes playing all classes, not just priest.

Just because you gained 5 levels does not mean doing current content should have gotten easier.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
12/09/2010 1:47 AMPosted by Hoshiko

The content isn't hard. At all. What is hard is justifying expensive spells for weak effects. I haven't seen a hard fight yet. The dungeons are nicely paced, the dps is dealing the proper amounts of dmg, the tanks are holding the proper amounts of threat, so why are healers stuck with these dinky little baby heals?

I suppose you missed the memo that in WoTLK healing was a big factor into the reason why everyone got lazy.

The heals ARE weak and expensive. Standing around and hoping that the tank can survive until you feel comfortable with the amount of mana you have restored or maintained do NOT make up for this fact. Grats, you can run with a guild group that can communicate properly and utilize CDs properly. I'm proud of you. I do that too.

Ironically enough, even in fights where heavy damage occurs these 'bandaid' heals you so very much hate get the job done and more. I can understand if, say, damage was so bad you had to spam HT all the time. However, it's not.

The only problem and disconnect that you are having from what I can tell is a paradigm shift change. It seems to me that just because HP went up and that you're a higher level it's supposed to mimic the ease and what we saw in WoTLK. It's not and it won't and for the better of this game it never will.

Look, I can only gather from my personal experiences. However I will say that when high damage occurs and I heal through it -- It feels good. Why? Because it's harder. In WoTLk you couldn't worry about that. Things were fairly easy.

I personally love these changes. My only gripe is it reminds me on why I really loathe doing PUGS.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It depends on your group, imo.
Edited by Dodia on 12/9/2010 3:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hoshiko, you are terrible. That's all that needs to be said really, and posts like yours have no business on these forums.

12/09/2010 1:47 AMPosted by Hoshiko
The content isn't hard. At all. What is hard is justifying expensive spells for weak effects. I haven't seen a hard fight yet.

Of course you haven't. You've cleared Throne of the Tides, Tol'Vir, Pinnacle and Halls of Origination... on Normal. By the way, your analysis of druid healing was about as wrong as could possibly be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hoshiko, you are terrible. That's all that needs to be said really, and posts like yours have no business on these forums.

So am I bad too then? Because I strongly dislike the new healing model for the same reasons and I've pretty sure I've cleared harder content in the past than you ever have.

The only problem and disconnect that you are having from what I can tell is a paradigm shift change. It seems to me that just because HP went up and that you're a higher level it's supposed to mimic the ease and what we saw in WoTLK. It's not and it won't and for the better of this game it never will.

That's because a lot of people don't find it fun to put in the effort to level only to find that they are *significantly WORSE* at their role than they were at a lower level. Oh, and I'm sick of all the crap about how heals HAVE to be this tiny in relation to player health or the game will be a joke or faceroll or whatever. Guess what? In BC and heck, even vanilla WoW, though not quite as high as WotLK heals were significantly larger relative to player health than in Cata, and guess what, mana mattered and heroics weren't faceroll. So stop saying that making healer output this crappy was the absolute only way because in every other time in the game's past when mana mattered, heals were never, ever, ever this bad relative to health. Ever.
Edited by Elliora on 12/9/2010 3:22 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]