Shaman or Paladin???

85 Human Paladin
Halp! I need to make a choice now about which I should level and main in Cata. These are my two favorite classes and have no idea which to choose.

I will be a main spec healer and I like Resto and Holy a lot.

Perhaps you can help me by telling me how each functions at 85? My group probably will pair me with a Resto Druid for healing (at least for fights with 2 heals)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Whichever play style you like more. If you are really undecided and can not choose which class, ask your guild which they would prefer you to lvl to help out the guilds needs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
In my personal experience it depends on if you like challenges:
Paladin healing is easier and Paladins can fill more rolls.
Shaman is much harder in both PVE and PVP as resto.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
12/08/2010 1:49 PMPosted by Halflived
Paladin healing is easier and Paladins can fill more rolls.
Shaman is much harder in both PVE and PVP as resto.

Wait what? lol.

Unfortunately OP it really is down to your preference. Healing on any class is not hard. I personally prefer my paladin over my shaman simply because it is more complex, required alot more thinking and I enjoy that. Having said that, I also enjoy my shaman because of its no BS approach.

If you want to be engaged, managing CDs and buffs and having to choose between an arsenal of spells go the paladin but if you just wanna cut the cr*p and heal, go with the shaman
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Paladins. Complex. :|

My friend just healed as a holydin blindfolded in city of tol'vir.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Alright lol well I decided to end up rolling with my Paladin. So far it's been pretty sweet (even though Ret is still bizarre) but hopefully I made the right choice, it was very difficult to choose.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]