Questions about Blessings with Prot Spec

85 Tauren Paladin
Hullo, I was really wowed when I saw the bonuses on blessing of Kings. It reminded me of the old Captain group buff in lotro (good times :p). When I picked up blessing of Might, I was like, 'omg tell me this stacks with blessing of kings!!1'

Alas, it does not. So, I'm trying to decide which one I should use for dungeon groups 55+ and which I should use for solo. Basically Kings = stamina and spell DR for me and 5% stat boost to DPS classes. Might = attack power for me and Melee DPS (does AP help casters?) and mana for all.

Which one works out best in a 5man?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Use Blessing of Kings, unless there is a Druid in your group. They can provide Mark of the Wild, which is mutually exclusive with Blessing of Kings. If there is a Druid, they do Mark of the Wild and you do Blessing of Might.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Paladin
depneds, if you have a shaman in group cast kings, as they are more then likely going to drop mana totem which will over write.

If there is a druid in group cast Might as their gift of the wild will over write kings.

If both are ina group stand in the corner and sit their twiddling thumbs waiting for them to finish buffing every one.

General rule was more stam = more staying around. So I have always done kings (when there was no druid in group) over might.

That is my take on it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Blessing of Kings does indeed stack with Blessing of Might - but someone else has to put one of them on you. Kings is generally the superior buff, and definitely the superior buff for Protection.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 1:56 PMPosted by Orbital
depneds, if you have a shaman in group cast kings, as they are more then likely going to drop mana totem which will over write.

If there is a druid in group cast Might as their gift of the wild will over write kings.

If both are ina group stand in the corner and sit their twiddling thumbs waiting for them to finish buffing every one.

General rule was more stam = more staying around. So I have always done kings (when there was no druid in group) over might.

That is my take on it.

Actually, Mana Stream Totem doesn't overwrite Blessing of Might. When Blessing of Might is available, Shamans should be using something more useful, like Healing Stream Totem, Elemental Resistance Totem, or Totem of Tranquil Mind.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Ok thanks all for the advice. I must say that I'm really enjoying the pally. I remember everyone crying about how broken they were in Vanilla, but I think they're probably the most fun tanking I've ever had.

I love jumping into 2-3 groups of elites and just smashing them around pounding my keys, stuns, heals, etc.....

so exciting. although I think I give my healers a heart attack sometimes :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]