Updating the Wiki

85 Human Priest
So, in anticipation for the release of Cataclysm in ...a couple of hours, I started updating our Wiki content. Thus far, I've created links instead of trying to duplicate the efforts we already have here. But one of the things I wanted to do was recognize the efforts of our raiders, since there is less effort at the present moment on building a progression thread. For guilds whose focus is raiding, there should be no better way to advertise than to display your progression prominently.

I was wondering if anyone on the progression thread at http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Blackwater_Raiders_US/Progression would like to update their guild's information by providing the actual date their guild formed, along with what content your guild completed during the Classic, BC and Wrath content. Now, this material is a little out of date, since WowProgress only updated from the Armory, which is usually wrong.

I realize that with the Community Site apparently working out an agreement with Wowhead to host character profiles pages like these may quickly become unnecessary, but for the time being I'm trying to keep the majority of our information in one place so it's easy to find--and when the time comes easy to move to a new host. Anyone that would like to help out would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by Gwydíon on 12/6/2010 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd love to help you out gwi, but:

A) I can't remember my guild's original inception date

and

B) The /guildinfo command in game only dates the guild back to when it's name was changed to add a space into it, thus making the date inaccurate. I can, however, talk to Luttor and/or Dregnar about it and see if I can't give you some accurate information in that way.

:)
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Sounds fantastic. And yeah, I've noticed the guildinfo stuff is way, way off. We did a head count and discovered there are about seventy-five more accounts in our guild than the info command displays.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]