Flash of Light mana cost +1000??????

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Did anyone else notice their flash of light spell cost go up by 1000 when they turned level 82?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You're a little late. Welcome to the new healing model.

Fast but expensive
medium but cheap
slow but huge

might wanna get with the program posthaste ; )
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2010 8:37 PMPosted by Arushni
Did anyone else notice their flash of light spell cost go up by 1000 when they turned level 82?

Yes it was really quite a dumb move, but for some odd reason they turned holy light into the old flash of light, but made it slow. Turned flash of light into the new holy light, but made it fast. Then they added some new heal called divine light which is really really slow, but heals for a lot and is suppose to be good for "times of big damage" lol... w/e I guess they were trying to be creative, but they failed miserably. All they did was add a lot of worthless crap, and you still have to spam your fastest heal to keep people alive.

Here is a tip blizzard, if you are wanting paladins to use variety in heals, you have to make it to where they are fast enough to keep up with the stupidly insane offense you give everyone, because everyone's hp is going from max to 0 in less than a micro second. Yeah i'll use divine light so my whole alliance is dead by time i get a heal off. Lmao

That is not giving us more variety Blizzard. That's just giving us more ways to suck.

HOw about giving us something that actually would be useful - instead of a lot of new slow pointless heals - like maybe a regen spell or some defensive buff spell. YOu know like sacred shield. We deserve that back. Now give it to me.
Edited by Brotherdale on 12/8/2010 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
...because Base Mana increases every time you level. Pretty sure we have near 20k base mana at 85, compare that to barely 6k at 80...quite a jump.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 12:54 AMPosted by Pyy
...because Base Mana increases every time you level. Pretty sure we have near 20k base mana at 85, compare that to barely 6k at 80...quite a jump.

4934 at 80. 23432 (I believe, haven't tested for myself yet) at 85. Yes, spell costs will go up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/07/2010 11:53 PMPosted by Brotherdale
12/07/2010 8:37 PMPosted by Arushni

Yes it was really quite a dumb move, but for some odd reason they turned holy light into the old flash of light, but made it slow. Turned flash of light into the new holy light, but made it fast. Then they added some new heal called divine light which is really really slow, but heals for a lot and is suppose to be good for "times of big damage" lol... w/e I guess they were trying to be creative, but they failed miserably. All they did was add a lot of worthless crap, and you still have to spam your fastest heal to keep people alive.

Here is a tip blizzard, if you are wanting paladins to use variety in heals, you have to make it to where they are fast enough to keep up with the stupidly insane offense you give everyone, because everyone's hp is going from max to 0 in less than a micro second. Yeah i'll use divine light so my whole alliance is dead by time i get a heal off. Lmao

That is not giving us more variety Blizzard. That's just giving us more ways to suck.

HOw about giving us something that actually would be useful - instead of a lot of new slow pointless heals - like maybe a regen spell or some defensive buff spell. YOu know like sacred shield. We deserve that back. Now give it to me.

You're prot, wearing all healing gear. I don't think you have room to complain about the healing spells until you spec holy. Use the gear intended for your spec. Trust me, you'll see WAY better results.

I thought we tried to fix your spec/gear discrepancy over 2 years ago in the paladin forums. Why is it still not fixed?
Edited by Dekkar on 12/8/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Kylxia on 12/13/2010 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Lol I knew that this would happen. For the little time we had the new talent trees at 80, FoL was the best spell because it's cost hadn't scaled properly. Blizzard's intention is that we should use that spell very rarely when we need to top someone off in a rush. Learn to love DL, it is your main healing spell.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
My health jumped 7k unbuffed when I dinged 81. I didn't check my mana (or base health), but I'm assuming mana for Holy paladins is jumping equally insane amounts per level. Since spell costs are a % of base, this doesn't surprise me.
Edited by Vanye on 12/8/2010 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
i thought Blizz said that encounters were changing to go along with the new "method" of healing? Supposedly, encounters would enable the use of slower heals. Apparently this is not happening...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
It gets much worse at 85. FoL and DL are situational use only, until you get really nice gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]