Problem with holy pally's atm (heals)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So i have been running a few instances since cata and i have realized that holy pallys have 2 spells that will actually heal and not just make it look like they still got hit but not as hard witch really irritates me because both of those spell cost allot of mana witch means OOM city.... most toons have approx 45k health min tanks atm 80-100k and a mob hits for approx 10-20k with each hit min 2 hits so thats approx 40k damage that person has taken ( non boss at lvl 83 ) now heals ...holy light (6795hp ) (9% mana) ... Holy shock ( 5k ) at best (8% mana ) ... none of those heals will be enough to get 2 let alone a whole party up in time for say an the next aoe attack or worse so u have to go to the expensive heals Flash of Light (15 k) (27% mana) ya that will do the job but if i cast that approx 6 times i am oom and lead to generally a wipe ..Divine light ( 25k ish) (30%mana) i dont use it much because either i am outa mana by the time i need it or its to slow for when i need it.... my point is that if Blizz thinks pallys are gona be a viable reliable healer for cata they need to re work the heals out so that they are better up to scale...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Its all healers now. Not just us. DPS have to learn how to not take damage, and healers have to learn how to precast again. Deal with it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
ive been healing with holy for along time now and they keep changing are heals no other class has there 2 heals shock and holy light heal for so less shamans druid and priests all there heals have way better healing cost / healing amounts
Flash mana cost 1658/ cast time 1.27 = 9-29k crit tops,
holy light mana cost 552 /cast time 2,12 = 4-10k crit tops.
divine light mana cost 1842 / cast time 2.12= 28-42k tops
with 14.70% haste 43k mana 540 mana regen, these heals are worthless there junk and now so is the holy paladin you guys dont know how to make a game work at all these costs to heal ratio are just a joke just like your ideas and programing i really think you are trying to make people quit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You're not meant to spam Holy Light. You're meant to use all the tools in your toolbox.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Edited by Kylxia on 12/13/2010 2:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 9:56 AMPosted by Kylxia
12/08/2010 8:45 AMPosted by Jantilla
You're not meant to spam Holy Light. You're meant to use all the tools in your toolbox.

HS someone, use HL if infusion proc'd or else FOL (on the beacon), then FOL a second time (on the beacon), then use LOD to mana free heal the group. Don't really need to do much else than that.

Don't forget, Infusion of Light now affects Divine Light as well, so if you REALLLLLY need the big heal, you can sub that in.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hopefully LoD scales upwards with gear, currently it's pretty useless except as a topper.

Everything else is fine with pre-casting, looking forward to heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Weird guess mastery just doesn't work for you guys huh?

FYI its amazing and so is Holy Radiance

L o D i like it but wish everyone would stay directly in front of me ;)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Holy Light to get procs for double holy shock, holy shocks to get quick holy lights, WoG and LoD whenever you can - they don't cost any mana, Flash when things are going bad... doesn't happen to me to need to use Divine Light.

With holy talents you hardly need to heal yourself, if you need extra Holy Power charge heal the tank (presumably tank, whoever is your beaconed target), it's a free source of HP charges.

Specced into chance for WoG not to consume HP, it does a lot of good, has a tendency to hold back on you and then suddenly chain proc 3, 4 times in a row.

And guess what - to that someone who said above about his 14.70% haste 43k mana 540 mana regen - That's where is your problem, you're gemmed wrong, oh so very very wrong.

This isn't WoTLK anymore son, gemming into INT will get you nowhere. Already in WoTLK I was fully gemmed into +10INT +5mp5 which now is +10INT +10SPI... if you somehow still haven't figured it out - that's what you need.

I'm ICC10 normal/heroic geared and I have 33k mana... except I have just over 1000mp5 out of combat with BoM, even in combat I'm 600ish or so I think it was... also Flasks are now for 5mans too, it's not just a raiding accesory anymore, and for love of all thats Holy, start making yourself Spirit food from cooking, that's what it is for!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
l2p.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy is fine.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
For the record I really dont like just saying l2p at all. However there are times when it is actually appropriate. This is it.

We are fine. Mana is more important for all healers now and we are absolutely fine. In fact holy pallys are very strong healers going into Cata. If you're having problems now you need to improve your game. Period.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
didnt have any problems healing dungeons lvl 80- 83. then at 85 i tried healing Halls of origination....
first pull:

used holy light to heal tank for first couple hits ->got a double HS used it on 2 dps that were taking hefty damage-> tank is taking a lot of damage and goes to 50k/110k, use WoG and a flash of light to keep him up-> group is taking more damage so start to use FoL on group-> tank takes more and more damage as i heal the group -> give tank 1 flash of light but he dies from damage.

that's basically how it went down. my first thought is that the dps need to NOT take damage and need to CC mobs. i have had no problems healing boss fights, so i think its that.

any tips would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 9:56 PMPosted by Receive

that's basically how it went down. my first thought is that the dps need to NOT take damage and need to CC mobs. i have had no problems healing boss fights, so i think its that.

any tips would be appreciated.

That's precisely it. I ran BRC on my rogue, and we stopped wiping when I started sapping mobs. Actually, come to think of it, I should have told the hunter to lay down his ice trap...
Reply Quote
28 Undead Hunter
Ive healed as a holy pally for years and ive healed on a few of the new instances too. Alot of it is the ppl you run with. If you gotta crappy tank who cant hold agro your gunna oom pretty easily. Good tanks you wont gotta worry about mana, and epic tanks. you pretty much run the thing and end it with full mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]