I have 7% Crit

90 Tauren Paladin
My character screen is saying 7.13% crit on melee attacks. I have 1079 crit rating which gives +6.02% at lv85.

So my base crit chance is 1.05%.

I'm sorry, what?

That is not fun. Is every class getting 1% base crit?

I understood we were losing ratings at 85, but 7% crit is stupidly low.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Oh noes, my ratings!!11
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
12/08/2010 8:17 AMPosted by Janeck
Oh noes, my ratings!!11

Yeah that's totally what I'm saying... except not.

A freshly dinged 85 feral in my guild has 19% crit outside of cat form (before LotP/Master Shapeshifter), with only 535 crit rating.

My problem here is not that ratins are devalued. The problem is there is nothing fun about a 7% crit rate, when I have twice the crit on my gear that he does. Are other strength classes equally screwed for crit? I'm not expecting to equal an agility class, but this seems really harsh.
Reply Quote
64 Undead Warlock
feral will be higher than anyone, even in blues at 85.

That said, hitting the crit cap in 277+ gear on some classes was absurd....it actually boggles my mind that gear was out there that took some classes to the point where crit was valued as nothing. Thats just massive stat inflation and actually not really fun. Raid buffed pre 4.0 my rogue was near 75% crit....and thats by working around my crit cap to a science, I could go even higher but would be severely gimping myself.

In the end I hope they don't go crazy with stats this time around. Clean slate is clean slate.

TBC was better in the regard in that 50% or so was the mark and while sunwell gear was uber; it wasn't off the charts like HMICC.

(This applies to haste as well for casters)

ps-one thing I do not like as a rogue is losing massive dodge leveling. It actually makes it much much harder to level. I literally am taking 10% more damage every time I go up a level from a melee standpoint.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Warrior
Crit is going back to its orginal place. In vanilla in full tier 2 or 40 man AQ 40 gear 18-20% crit unbuffed was awesome. I feel blizzard took the same path which is good.

Crits will be be crits (and rare) again unlike in BC and Wrath where if you where not critting your target every other hit you had bad gear. Crit will be the happy omg stat again like in Vanilla.
Edited by Fruitmango on 12/8/2010 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
As long as your doing the same amount of damage (roughly) it doesn't matter. Combat values will be different with different classes, they don't need to each be equal (and being low at the beginning isn't bad, it means they won't get insanely inflated). The outcome of those combat values (average dps) is what matters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The base value is too low IMO. For pallies, rets, and warriors. They set it in the past so that those classes once taken their +crit talents and with an assumed amount of base agi and agi from buffs or crit on green level gear would have an "appropriate" crit chance.

Except now they stripped out all passive flat +crit talents, base agi means nothing at level 85, and ratings were just devalued so these classes are left with 1-2% naked. It's the same with caster classes, I have like 2% spell crit naked but they assume I'll have X int to push it to 5-6% in bottom tier gear, before crit rating.
Edited by Karalyn on 12/8/2010 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/08/2010 9:37 AMPosted by Primuz
The problem is not every class was able to crit cap. I don't think there were any DKs even close. They took all the crit from our talent trees. Now most DKs at 85 are going to be starting with 4-5% crit and less then 14% in full raid epics compared to rogues and ferals that will be rocking 37-40% crit in the first tier.

They really need to balance agi vs str. I know they won't because they are stubborn and think what they have done so far is good when it isn't. However it really needs to be fixed. Agi just gives far to much benefit over Str.

Having a lower crit rating and doing the same dps (yes you will be balanced to do the same dps as agi classes) means you will scale BETTER with crit, not worse.
Reply Quote
On the same token, absurdly high crit values are not fun. At the point they were in wrath, they weren't even really criticals anymore. They might as well have just removed them and doubled non-crit damage.

In classic RPG terms, a critical was a rarity, it was lucky, and certainly not common place. To be honest, that's really how it should be.
Reply Quote
21 Undead Rogue
Crits really need to max out -much- lower this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Seriously did no one do research at what stats their class is sitting at? Well dont expect much crit in t11 epics, you have been warned.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sorry buddy, learn to live with it. Crits are meant to be something that you DON'T expect to see every other hit.

Not to mention, resil no longer reduces chance to be crit so they HAD to lower crit a lot or the higher health pools they implemented would achieve nothing in lowering incoming burst (relatively)
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
The big problem with crit being devalued across the board is that it causes an even bigger imbalance in damage and burst.

When everyone has it similar crit scaling they can be somewhat balanced. When some classes get massive boosts to crit through talents on certain abilities, its just setup for a big failure. They have more burst and more reliability.

The possibility of the imbalance starting at baseline depending on class is going to make this very interesting. We have slowly started moving back to success or failure being determined when you create a character and not afterwards.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
Crits really need to max out -much- lower this expansion.

I agree with this sentiment but, from what we've seen so far, crit talent improvements are going to be a major factor in all PvP.

The easiest example would be mages getting a three times multiplier, when certain conditions are met, in Tier1 frost. They are by no means difficult conditions to achieve. Most classes have large talented boosts but, there is far too much of a curve across all classes and specs.

If base ratings AND talents were reduced it would make sense. Just one of them being reduced sets up for a steep hierarchy of burst capable classes.
Edited by Ribbitlegion on 12/8/2010 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Base crit ratings are ridiculously low at level 85.

I agree that some classes hitting over 50% crit or more was crazy, but only having like 10% crit in raiding gear is depressing >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]