Destruction Warlock Rotation 4.0.3

90 Undead Warlock
I haven't played in a while and couldn't find the new rotation(if there is one) anywhere. Someone mind helping me with the current top dps rot?

Thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I am really struggling with lack o DPS. I have a gear Score of 8675 and in 5 man groups I struggle to break 5k DPS. Just re-spec'd to destruction and am trying to figure out the spell rotation, but I am not seeing much improvement' Can ne1 help?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Granted my gear isnt all the great i still pull 10k in heroics np.. Blaadroc I would drop Fel Synergy and Mana Feed for Improved Life Tap and Doom and Gloom, the way i see it if your pet (Imp if your Destro) gets killed burning a soul burn to instant summon really isnt that big of a deal. Also a destro lock you should be focusing on Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery, hit to cap (17%), and im not sure what the haste cap is but the more haste you have the faster you deal damage.

As far as a Rotation this is what i stick to Single Target: Pet: Imp

Soul Fire for (ISF)
Immo
Corruption
CoE
Bane of Doom (use Bane of Havoc as nessecary)
Shadowbolt (for shadow n flame)
Conflag (procs BackDraft)
Chaos Bolt
Incenriate as a filler
Shadowburn timed right so you pick up soul shards

**if your in melee range use Shadowflame gives a nice little extra DoT but don't go out of your way to apply it**

Most important thing to do is keep ISF and your DoTs up.

Pop your CDs also when needed (Demon Soul, trinkets etc..)
Edited by Capzlock on 2/26/2011 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
So my gears pretty decent considering i've yet to dps in any cata raids apart from argoloth, in randoms I cant get below 14k(single target of course)

Rotation

Shadow bolt
Curse of elements
Soul burn
Demon soul
Soul fire
corruption
Immo
BoD
Conflag
Chaos bolt
Incinerate x 3
and
if i exist safely in melee range shadow flame on cd
then below 20% shadow burn on cd

Of course soul fire on proc and soul burn/soul fire on cd throwing in fel flame here and there to refresh immo if i can(great to do on the move)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Here my question, is fel flame worth using or is the initial damage of Immo landing more beneficial DPS wise?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Fel flame is only worth using under long movement where there is no time to stop and cast, or when the 4PC T-11 procs which is rare.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Thank you for tyhe help. (All that replied). I really appreciate it.
As to stats, I am at:
6.8% haste
9.04% Hit
11.65 Mastery
17.22% Crit. Did some reforging to bring up crit
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Woot TY Capzlock. Used your rotation and changed food and battle elixir:
Basilisk Liver Dog
Elixir of speed

Against the practice dummy, DPS went from 4.5k to 7k.

Looking for a group to try it out in a 5 man.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
you don't use shadowbolt at all anymore... incinerate now gives the 5% crit buff.....

Read this for all your answers

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t111390-destruction_cataclysm_|_demonic_mage_4_0_6_updated/
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
SY
Thank you for tyhe help. (All that replied). I really appreciate it.
As to stats, I am at:
6.8% haste
9.04% Hit
11.65 Mastery
17.22% Crit. Did some reforging to bring up crit

Crit isn't that important for destro, haste is better.

Also your Hit is wayyy low you need to get your hit up, the hit cap is 17%
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Paladin
02/26/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Capzlock
Shadowbolt (for shadow n flame)

You realize that procs from incinerate now? Right? That theres no reason to cast shadowbolt as destruction. Ever.

Patch notes? How do they work?

02/26/2011 5:18 PMPosted by Capzlock
Blaadroc I would drop Fel Synergy and Mana Feed for Improved Life Tap and Doom and Gloom, the way i see it if your pet (Imp if your Destro) gets killed burning a soul burn to instant summon really isnt that big of a deal

Mana feed is a greater DPS gain than ILT and D&G. The ability for destruction to never LT is wonderful.
Reply Quote
Do you know what the hit cap is for heroics? I don't raid and haven't touched TB yet, so not too worried of hitting 17% yet.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I pull 20k+ in heroics, u jelly bro? come at me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/27/2011 1:05 PMPosted by Tiranus
Do you know what the hit cap is for heroics? I don't raid and haven't touched TB yet, so not too worried of hitting 17% yet.

I think its about 14% or so. The easiest way to check is to go into your character screen while logged in and mouse over the hit stat, and it will show you what level mobs you are guaranteed (or not) to hit!

02/27/2011 6:13 AMPosted by Blaadroc
Against the practice dummy, DPS went from 4.5k to 7k

Looking at your stats, it says you reforged hit into crit, which, while not a bad thing if you're hit capped, you are only at 9%, so you would actually benefit more from the hit rating. If you dont feel its necessary to go for the full 17% thats fine, but a higher hit rating would still be great.

Same deal with haste.

Also, your gems should always have intellect on them. Never socket pure crit, always make sure its an int/crit or int/haste (which ever you ultimately prefer). Int is no. 1!

Good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
my rotations:

soul fire whit soulburn
curse of elements
immolate
conflagrate
spam incinerate or fel flame ONLY to keep immolate dot ON
when cooldown for conflagrate its over, cast it
them go back to spam incinerate (u can cast chaos bolt too some times)

always keep imolate DOT

i like a lot my rotation... im working to add something new on my rotation... im getting 9k-10k whit 349 ilvl

btw... never forget to use ur cooldown spells that rox, like soulburn and demon soul

and btw2... corruption and bane of doom and bane of agony looks almost the same #*!@... just doing 500 dps (kinda of 25k-33k total dmg per minute)

maybe u can get corrution doing 750dps but its too low to keep u casting it each 15s and remember of doing it... bane of doom its easy bc u only cast 1 time per min but do like 30k dmg per minute (aka 500dps)

what you guys think?!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
CoE
Incin for the 5%
Soulburn SF
I do these first since they apply buffs/debuffs and effect everything afterwards.

BoD
Corruption
Immo
Incin to refresh the 5% during that split second that Conflag isn't ready after casting Immo.
Conflag
CB
Incin spam
Conflag once off CD
Fel Flame to refresh Immo
Corruption
Incin spam again
From this point it's keeping Immo up and use what's on CD.
I Demon Soul at the end of the first ISF to increase my proc rate during Soul Burn CD.

I generally do 13-15k single target with my ilvl 341 gear.
Edited by Letch on 2/27/2011 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Interesting rotations some of you got.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Op
this topic started before cata? lol okay i have a quick question about the destr spec.

why do we even put the 4 points in Nether Ward and Nether Protection on that note i dont use it alot.. let me. know ty. and if you guys dont mind or just wanna look at my gear and stats lol at me and tell me how im doing so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]