Guild Experience Change

Community Manager
We have decided to remove the added bonus of gaining Guild Experience from Guild Achievements earned. This change will realign Guild Achievements with our philosophy held for normal Achievements, which are intended to be predominantly their own reward (barring the rare exception of special achievements that grant an additional reward.) Previously, the experience reward had been seen as an additional side bonus and not something that should have been significantly skewing the advancement of guilds. During the beta, we greatly increased leveling speed across the board and since most characters were copied from templates, guild experience from Achievements didn’t seem imbalanced. It has become clear that an imbalance does exist and should be addressed to ensure that guilds progress at the rates expected within the daily Guild Experience limits.

For guilds that are currently above the normally possible experience limit, we will be readjusting it back to the expected limit once more. This will not affect Guild Reputation gains at this point in time.
85 Worgen Hunter
TNS
Was nice while it lasted. We shall adapt.
Thanks for the update.
Edited by Istadan on 12/7/2010 2:04 PM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Anyway for us to make up the 4k that we've lost? We're already at our max daily allotment of 6k gained, but after you moved us back, we were only at 2k gained in level 1 without anyway to gain more for the day.
85 Night Elf Druid
So, are you still requiring the achievements to unlock the rewards?

Also, we just attempted to start collecting these with a Deadmines run. All 80-81, banner says we can earn achievements, but it didn't register.

So is this system now just broken, or only less important? Will it ONLY allow achievements if you're not at the cap already?

WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON?

And for bonus points, why-oh-why did you decide to completely redesign something on opening day?
90 Goblin Shaman
Oh well
85 Undead Priest
Wow...that is ridiculous honestly. Why was this not corrected prior to release? Taking away a legitimately earned level is a little silly. *sigh*
85 Human Paladin
12/07/2010 2:01 PMPosted by Coda
Anyway for us to make up the 4k that we've lost? We're already at our max daily allotment of 6k gained, but after you moved us back, we were only at 2k gained in level 1 without anyway to gain more for the day.

I agree with this.

Unless you're saying we could've only earned 2k today at which point I'd say adjust the daily cap so we can earn it back.
Edited by Shujiko on 12/7/2010 2:03 PM PST
85 Tauren Druid
My guild had 8 people online at launch. It dropped to 2 for most of the early afternoon and is back up at 5. We reached level 2 regardless. How was this exceeding "the rate expected"? Are you basing guild leveling off of people playing in their bank alt's guild? o.O
What about people that earned realm first achievements for lvl 85 while under the 5% experience boost. With these be reset? As it seems unfair to have a bug in the game allow someone to get 5% more experience while lvling that others now do not have access to during the mad rush to 85.
90 Night Elf Druid
Seriously? We've been planning out these achievements and trying to work toward the feat of strength for realm first level 25. Now every guild is just going to hit level 25 on the same day?
90 Tauren Druid
ummm yeah this I'd like to call B.S. on the stripping of guild exp, some of us busted a@# outta the gate to get our guild rank up & robbing us of that hard work sucks!!!!..... that outta the way this "nerf" has messed up the point totals or at least the displayed ones.

After the "nerf" my tooltip when I hover over the guilds XP bar reads
Current 2158 k / 18240 k (12%)
Today 6246 k / 6246 k (100%)

How can our today be lower than the total?? And what about the points some of us earn b4 the daily reset?? is that the 2158??? Is the Today number going to be added in the same lame manner that honor used to be, at the end of the day / week????

O and the tooltip still states "guild exp earned by completing quests, guild ACHIEVEMENTS, or killing bosses, & winning rated BGs with your guild." You may want to update the tooltip if guild achievements are no longer part of that.
45 Gnome Mage
Especially since there was already a level 85 earned on the alliance side on Shadowsong server. Now the people getting home from work and off of school are way behind those that were lucky enough to be on at release. Even more since they wont get the benifit of the extra exp.
88 Troll Druid
This is ridiculous and stupid. You took AWAY something already earned, and then you dumbed down the whole philosophy of earning achievements to help your guild level up. You dumbed down a bright idea that a lot of people were excited about. I came back strictly for Cata guild perks and rewards and now every single guild will be earning the same flimsy BS exp cap daily. Honestly the worst fail of cata so far, VERY UPSET.
85 Dwarf Warrior
This is extremely disappointing. My guild was preparing to shoot for Realm First for a week before Cataclysm. We had people logging in at 1 and 2 AM just to turn in daily quests.

Who cares if some guilds advance further? This is the whole point of being in active guilds. Eventually everyone is going to have these benefits anyway. The daily XP cap is SO LOW.

If you're going to do this than you should raise the daily XP cap by a significant amount to allow for more variance between guilds.

Basically it's now impossible for any one guild to get the Feat.
Edited by Thorke on 12/7/2010 2:19 PM PST
90 Orc Warlock
12/07/2010 2:09 PMPosted by Iphigenia
Seriously? We've been planning out these achievements and trying to work toward the feat of strength for realm first level 25. Now every guild is just going to hit level 25 on the same day?

Yeah, I'd like to know what the point of this particular feat of strength is. Who can click fast enough after the cap resets on that final day?
Absolutely terrible imo.
The achievements should be "their own reward" is a poor excuse, since most of them have no reward and no point aside from the XP they once gained.

Diminish GREATLY diminish the gains if that's what it takes, but removing them all together makes the majority of them pointless.

Similar achievements are great for single characters, but guilds (and their achievements) shouldn't have the same achievement expectations and reward (or lack there of) as single character achievements.
85 Tauren Shaman
12/07/2010 1:53 PMPosted by Nethaera

For guilds that are currently above the normally possible experience limit, we will be readjusting it back to the expected limit once more. This will not affect Guild Reputation gains at this point in time.

WHY?

So if i'm reading this right, us people in Australia have to wait ANOTHER WHOLE DAY for the cap to be raised, but people in the US only have to wait a few more hours..?
80 Troll Shaman
Making these kinds of changes on day one of Live shows some pretty poor planning. It looks really knee-jerk and unprofessional. If five percent is imbalanced you must have done zero analysis of the system. Like, zero.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This was a terrible idea. Why should I demand my guild mate's time to work on guild achievements that mean nothing? My own achievements are one thing as they are a source of personal goals but I'm not going to demand the same from other people if there is no benefit.

Terrible idea.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]