Guild Experience Change

85 Tauren Warrior
I have to say I am impressed with all the small guild GMs here. They are all very gracious. They aren't looking for a leg up. They aren't complaining about things scaled for larger guilds. They just want a way to level their guild. 99% of them are against this change that was supposedly put in to balance the game... for them.

I think Blizzard needs to take a hint.

I am a larger guild. We have a strong raiding team, but the reason we got so large is we allowed casual, part time players in the guild. To be with friends, to hang out. With this guild experience. Them running heroics, all of a sudden made them a contributor to the guild! It was great, people that usually felt left on the sidelines while the main core was off raiding, could participate in their own little way. Now if they want to participate they have to farm herbs for flasks for the main raid group. What fun is that...

We are the last 25m raiding horde guild left on my server. There just is no reason to be in a guild at this point. You can grab your own bank toon guild. Get all the same guild perks. And then just pug people for raids.

We are closing down recruitment. There is no reason to allow players in anymore, unless they are very dedicated and active raiders. Blizzard has removed the fun for casual players with this change. The only people that can really experience this game are 10man guilds that have a minimum of 4 night raid schedule. So small groups of hardcore players.

For us, a large group of casual players. We can't compete.
Edited by Pattyfathead on 12/9/2010 9:51 AM PST
85 Human Priest
12/08/2010 10:28 PMPosted by Pelargonia
My understanding of the whole guild leveling and guild achievement system was to help give guilds a reason to pull together and do things as a team. Now I know that this should, in many people's opinions, be reason enough in and of itself without the incentives but people are prone to doing whatever is most advantageous. If an advantage comes form working together with your guild mates doing things that are fun and silly now and then, like old low level content then people will do that and forge stronger bonds in the process while having fun. If such things do not give any advantage then people will end up concentrating on leveling their toons and professions individually, gear up to do raids and get better gear for themselves. It takes the pulling together out of guild leveling altogether and leaves people to be focused on being out for themselves again.

Granted once people are raiding they will of course have to work together as a team but most people I have talked with in our guild were excited to have something to strive for as a guild other than just the raids at end-game. Achievements, in and of themselves, are not enough to keep people wanting to revisit old content and do silly things together when they could be using their time focusing on their own toons instead.

I thought the system was perfect in that people of all interests could contribute to guild leveling, whether their main interest was in gathering, exploring, soloing, running instances, or raiding. No matter what their focus in WoW all could feel they were contributing to guild advancement but at the same time we could plan guild activities and achievement runs to keep everyone pulling together outside of raiding and the guild achievements would still benefit all. If the numbers were skewed to allow too many guild XP points then by all means adjust them but to entirely take them away removes a great deal of the excitement and interest people had in the guild leveling system.

A large guild, even a large casual guild, is an enormous amount of effort to maintain and run. There is nothing wrong with large guilds being able to earn guild levels quicker than small ones as long as the smaller guilds are not totally hobbled. I thought the system was well thought out to allow for all that as it came "out of the box." If point earning needed to be tweaked here and there, I would see nothing wrong with that but to completely remove the whole point of guilds striving for the XP is a complete turn around and a HUGE disappointment.

I absolutely could not have said it any better than this.
85 Worgen Priest
12/07/2010 2:57 PMPosted by Hogster
[quote="13055744318"]

Remember back in pre-Wrath when Ret Pallies were absolutely unstoppable in PvP? Did they remove Ret as a remedy to that??

No, they nerfed us to the ground for the first 1/3 of Wotlk....
85 Tauren Shaman
This is so much fail I just don't know where to begin...

To kill, so completely, what I'm sure many would agree was among the best new features you've ever come up with, could only be put down to a Dilbert style marketing department, or perhaps a mentally challenged work experience kid/unpaid intern...

WTF?!
85 Worgen Priest
My understanding of the whole guild leveling and guild achievement system was to help give guilds a reason to pull together and do things as a team. Now I know that this should, in many people's opinions, be reason enough in and of itself without the incentives but people are prone to doing whatever is most advantageous. If an advantage comes form working together with your guild mates doing things that are fun and silly now and then, like old low level content then people will do that and forge stronger bonds in the process while having fun. If such things do not give any advantage then people will end up concentrating on leveling their toons and professions individually, gear up to do raids and get better gear for themselves. It takes the pulling together out of guild leveling altogether and leaves people to be focused on being out for themselves again.

Granted once people are raiding they will of course have to work together as a team but most people I have talked with in our guild were excited to have something to strive for as a guild other than just the raids at end-game. Achievements, in and of themselves, are not enough to keep people wanting to revisit old content and do silly things together when they could be using their time focusing on their own toons instead.

I thought the system was perfect in that people of all interests could contribute to guild leveling, whether their main interest was in gathering, exploring, soloing, running instances, or raiding. No matter what their focus in WoW all could feel they were contributing to guild advancement but at the same time we could plan guild activities and achievement runs to keep everyone pulling together outside of raiding and the guild achievements would still benefit all. If the numbers were skewed to allow too many guild XP points then by all means adjust them but to entirely take them away removes a great deal of the excitement and interest people had in the guild leveling system.

A large guild, even a large casual guild, is an enormous amount of effort to maintain and run. There is nothing wrong with large guilds being able to earn guild levels quicker than small ones as long as the smaller guilds are not totally hobbled. I thought the system was well thought out to allow for all that as it came "out of the box." If point earning needed to be tweaked here and there, I would see nothing wrong with that but to completely remove the whole point of guilds striving for the XP is a complete turn around and a HUGE disappointment.

Signed
85 Tauren Druid
/signed
90 Blood Elf Paladin
this was a terrible idea, so leveling 5 toons at the same time in the guild in group for doungeons guild achievents have no sense ...

i think i have to count ... its a extra for doing this ...

NO BENEFITS NOBODY GONNA DO IT ...

THE expirience cap and level week cap its another terrible idea ... its comunist in fact ... how a dam great guild ... up level at the same time that a terrible one??? have sense ...

it you gonna do something ... plz ... think before ...

TY

90 Dwarf Warrior
12/09/2010 5:28 AMPosted by Pattyfathead
I have to say I am impressed with all the small guild GMs here. They are all very gracious. They aren't looking for a leg up. They are qqing about things scaled for larger guilds. They just want a way to level their guild. 99% of them are against this change that was supposedly put in to balance the game... for them.

I am a larger guild. We have a strong raiding team, but the reason we got so large is we allowed casual, part time players in the guild. To be with friends, to hang out. With this guild experience. Them running heroics, all of a sudden made them a contributor to the guild! It was great, people that usually felt left on the sidelines while the main core was off raiding, could participate in their own little way. Now if they want to participate they have to farm herbs for flasks for the main raid group. What fun is that...

We are the last 25m raiding horde guild left on my server. There just is no reason to be in a guild at this point. You can grab your own bank toon guild. Get all the same guild perks. And then just pug people for raids.

We are closing down recruitment. There is no reason to allow players in anymore, unless they are very dedicated and active raiders. Blizzard has removed the fun for casual players with this change. The only people that can really experience this game are 10man guilds that have a minimum of 4 night raid schedule. So small groups of hardcore players.

/signed
12/09/2010 5:28 AMPosted by Pattyfathead

I have to say I am impressed with all the small guild GMs here. They are all very gracious. They aren't looking for a leg up. They are qqing about things scaled for larger guilds. They just want a way to level their guild. 99% of them are against this change that was supposedly put in to balance the game... for them.

Absolutely agree.
Edited by Alyza on 12/9/2010 7:38 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I'am a gm of a small guild of about 40 accounts and 95 members counting alts. The changes that they have made makes me think about going else where as our guild was super pumped about lvling our guild. But my GF and I hit the cap every morning by 8 am. seems kind of a retarded system to even have Gxp might as while just have the lvls timed which is what it is. We had a chat in vent and was thinking of going to a game that already rewards guilds for doing things as we are a good gorup of ppl, who also enjoy doing things together. The removal of the Guild Ach's earning xp sucks. But even if they had not done this with the cap being so low just seems like a bait and hook system that they intend to do to get ppl back into the game. Which is wrong. any how our guild could care if bigger guilds lvled to 25 by the week end. As ppl that guild hope are punished now. Thanks for the It worked as intended blizz subs rose a tons plus got all these ppl to buy cata HA they win. I understand that earning G Ach's went past the cap. I wonder why they could not just scale down the Ach's to where if u ran every instances as a guild it would get you to like lvl 15 and the rest woudl be timed. So the last leg of it would be timed. Who knows I don't million's of ppl = Million's of ideas + 2
Edited by Hawkeyehowie on 12/9/2010 8:19 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
TAO
So close to 400 posts in a little over 36 hours (MOST of which want this decision revisited and adjusted to allow for guild cohesion and participation for the non-raiding factions within most guilds) and no follow up response from blizzard regarding the general uproar from the community.
Impressive.

One would think that with a general outcry from the community at large such as this there would be a follow up post from Blizzard saying either STFU and get over it, or we've heard your suggestions and understand your concerns and are revisiting this issue.
Most Impressive

P.s. Kudos (not kodos) to those that get the sarcastic references.
90 Human Paladin
An analogy if you will..
Small Guild Guy has to move. He calls his 3 best friends and has a pick up truck. It takes them all day, and a little bit into the night..but they get it done. They enjoy beer and pizza and conversation.

Large guild guy has to move. He calls 20 friends and has a moving van. It takes them a few hours..but they get it done. They enjoy beer and pizza and conversation.

Under the new system...Large guild guy has to make his friends drag it out for the whole day and carry things by hand instead of using the van.

Both guilds accomplished the same thing...both got the same reward. Why the heck does it matter that it takes one longer than the other?

The second has more people and better resources. But the first can get it done too...it just takes longer and it takes dedication.
Why should both have the same experience?
I don't see a need to make all these experiences the same. Each guild has it's own advantages and disadvantages. There will always be folks who prefer a more intimate guild experience and couldn't care less about how big a guild is.

A reward should be in place for guilds who take the time and the effort to accomplish something...regardless of how big or small they are. It should also be pointed out....the more you invest in getting something done...the more satisfied you are with the reward. I think small guilds who invest time and effort would feel most gratified to have their rewards. And not just get the same things as everyone else at the same time because of some "charity" on Blizzard's part. When you "work" (this is a video game after all) for something it means so much more than having something handed to you.

Your silence on this issue is deafening Blizzard.

85 Troll Shaman
Guild leader just going to chime in here.

I mirror others' sentiments. Guild Achievements should grant guild experience, and there really shouldn't be any sort of "cap" on guild experience or reputation... it was kind of lame I had to stop at friendly for the whole week.
100 Night Elf Druid
TAO
12/09/2010 8:30 AMPosted by Vorazbek
... it was kind of lame I had to stop at friendly for the whole week.
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC HERE: but along those lines: Why the hell are the guild masters not at the very least honored with the guild? I mean really ...
85 Human Paladin
Our guild was really hit hard by this change. We had been planning for weeks on how to get realm first max level in all crafting professions. We even appointed an officer for the sole purpose of managing guild achievements. All of us were breaking off into teams, micro managing who was doing what to a very fun extent.

I wish you could have been on vent with us on release night. There was about 2-3 people out power leveling as hard as they could and twenty plus people on vent discussing who needed what mats, where they should go to gather more efficiently, how many of each item our main crafters needed and where they were located. Our achievement officer even took the responsibility of flying out to meet each player that was gathering and hand deliver the goods to our designated power-levelers. It was honestly one of the coolest, most exciting things I've experienced while gaming. It was leaps and bounds more fun than working toward downing raid bosses, power leveling through new content, or working on achievements for personal gain AND I WASN'T EVEN PART OF THE ACTION. I was in Outlands trying to finish getting this character to 80 so I could become part of the machine ASAP.

I ask you sincerely to reconsider this change. One of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had and it came from listening to people talk about how to more efficiently mine nodes over vent... I could have never fathomed something like this coming out of something so simple as guild achievements and guild leveling. Ever. What you had was a social guild activity gold mine and just like that, it's been reduced to nothing in no time flat. It created a situation so awkward in our guild it was like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table. All the crafting mats have been handed back as this achievement no longer means anything. People have gone back to their normal routine of JUST trying to level to 85 as fast as they can where they were willing to completely forgo it before and work toward this common goal and others.

Lower the amount of experience gained by guild achievements. Lower it significantly. Give us back a reason to go out and do them as a team. Is mass resurrect really so powerful an ability that it merits this kind of soul-crushing devastation?

Stop. Think. Tylenol.
90 Undead Priest
/sipping coffee
Logged in today after making coffee

Yup...We hit the cap already...
85 Night Elf Death Knight
This needs to be changed back. Me and a friend are the owners of a small 40+ guild, while there are some guilds close to lvl3 mine is not even close to lvl2. This is BS i was really looking foward to this from what i played in beta. Yes the guild is small mostly new leveling characters, these low levels cant contribute that much exp. to the guild. The exp. from quest count 100% exp. towards guilds meaning only 60+ characters contribute more than anyone this is crap once again.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]