NPC respawn timers are a bit off.

Hit a new record just now. I killed the same NPC 10 times with him instantly respawning as the last one died. The quested needed me to kill 4 of them so at least I didn't have to worry about people spawn camping but still.
Reply Quote
55 Human Hunter
I noticed the same thing in the Worgen starting zone on my server. Kill, loot, oh look, he already respawned and is running at me again. Fun! I dunno, maybe they're trying to encourage us to group up more from the get go? This is way faster than the respawns were when they released the other race/class combos, and I thought those were pretty quick.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed this in Hyjyal. I'd kill a dude, and another would almost instantly take his place.

Sort of annoying, but FAR better than the alternative...fighting with 40 people for something that spawns every 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
This is because of dynamic respawn times. There`s a base timer (lets say 5 minutes) and then the timer is reduced the more people are in the zone. I remember the WoW launch DIDNT have dynamic spawns so youd fight over the 5 minute spawns of named monsters. This is to counter this problem.

It does create weird situations tough, like Baron Longshore. Longshore had a ridiculously low base spawn timer (15 seconds?) and he could respawn instantly in the 2 other spots if there were at least 10 people in the zone.
Reply Quote
55 Human Hunter
So, when the zones calm down, they should spawn at a more normal pace?
Reply Quote
82 Undead Warrior
Respawns are affected by the amount of people in an area. Seeing as everyone is either in one of the new races' zones, or a level 80-82 zone, there will be some rather rapid respawns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]