So I just healed Blackrock Caverns...

85 Troll Druid
And... uhm... yikes.

Anyone else doubting their skillz?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
nope, im doing fine, thou those two flame elementals going around the fire pillar made me sick
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I healed it decently, I was just surprised at how hard hitting that aoe was.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
I did just fine, I actually found myself to ask the tank to pull a little more so I had an excuse to use HR a lot :)
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
I had no problem smite spamming for about 3300 dps during my brc runs. Every dungeon after that though I basically abandoned contributing to damage at all--the healing ramps up very quickly after brc.

Pinnacle stars in low dps groups are fun.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Maybe I just had a bad group? I'll give it another shot, it just didn't feel right...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/07/2010 7:32 PMPosted by Taym
Pinnacle stars in low dps groups are fun.

O gawd this. But ya, brc and vash'jir or w/e are way easier the vortex or stonecore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Nothing was really bad on normal up through 85. I only ran Caverns, Pinnacle, and Stonecore though.

I say this, of course, running with close friends and guildmates that we downed H LK with. We had good play. I feel for anyone out there using LFD.

I'm curious how others heal Vortex Pinnacle star-barrage pulls. I would save ToL for them and roll lifeblooms on top of WG with regrowths as pickmeups - a technique I found very effective in general in the 5 mans, specifically with how spell costs ramp us much from 83-85. I can imagine that really sucking for others, though. So much movement up to them while they're already beating on you.
Edited by Nilianil on 12/7/2010 8:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I found Blackrock Caverns and Throne of the Tides to both be really easy - probably because they feel more like they're tuned for people just getting used to the Cata model.

I'm curious how others heal Vortex Pinnacle star-barrage pulls. I would save ToL for them and roll lifeblooms on top of WG with regrowths as pickmeups - a technique I found very effective in general in the 5 mans, specifically with how spell costs ramp us much from 83-85. I can imagine that really sucking for others, though. So much movement up to them while they're already beating on you.

My group moves into attack range, balls up, and goes nuts on damage as I drop Barrier and use some variant of AE healing - Holy Nova, PoH, Divine Hymn - with pre-shielding to make the first few seconds easier. It's intense for a few seconds, but the healing eases up very quickly.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
The best part of BRC is finding out what happens when you kill Runty before Beauty.

Healing wise it was easy, but I was in a guild run. At one point we double pulled and PoH/Penance/GHeal was plenty to keep everyone topped up.

After one level I've already noticed the jump in spell costs though, so I'm really looking forward to 85.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
easymode, most of the boss mecahnics totally ignored and just zerged. and im mostly in wotlk greens healing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't had any trouble with healing it except the one double pull of fire elementals that stack flame buffet and aoe. I imagine that pulll is gonna suck in so many ways in heroic.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Halls of origination at lvl 83 with guildies was fun. But ya, heroics are gonna suck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Healing I haven't really had a problem with. Went through BRC no problem with guildies.

I did stupidly attempt a random and ended up in a group full of jerks. Not only did they not attempt to do the instance as a group (dps pulling and fighting their own mobs) but when I asked once to hold for mana, I was promptly kicked for it.

No more LFD for me unless it's guildies if that's the attitude within the expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I just did Stonecore as my first instance in cata. It was pretty epic.

We got adds or something in the room prior to the penultimate melee-hater boss. The fight lasted forever and I even blew power word: barrier twice. It was pretty close to a wipe, but we pulled it off.

It feels amazing after the 15 minute yawn that heroics had become.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The only issues I had were due to not knowing what was going to happen. Once the group knew what was going on everything was fine. We would wipe and then try again and have no issues. The mobs do hit really hard though and there's a lot of AoEs for both starting instances.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Tank pulled beauty and all her pups, and we killed em anyway.
Instance is faceroll.

Granted I've been used to the instance from beta. Hoping for more QQ when it comes to heroics. >:)
Reply Quote
84 Undead Priest
I'm okay at level 81. First run through we wiped 3-4 times due to some pally not listening to instructions. We'll see what happens though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]