2 things about healing in Cat

First I do like that mana is the resource instead of my GCD.

Second what should I do about the groups that refuse to CC, refuse to not pull threat, and not give the healer (me) time to get mana, my last group I was chaining my Endless mana (I know only 2k but still something) and my innervate on every cooldown as they refused to stop, had a few wipes as I was oom, how should I handle such groups, should I just avoid randoms and go with friends, let them die and hope they learn, or just leave?

But it is nice to be able to think about a spell (did a few stop casts as I decided near the end that HT would waste mana and I would have time to redo a Nourish, and still have time on the LB to keep it up)

Edit: I should note I was using rocket boots and cat form dash just to keep up so I could steal 2 to 3 seconds of drink.
Edited by Drun on 12/7/2010 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you get a pug where the DPS are going to make the instance impossible, leave. The easiest way to remedy this is to queue with guildmates.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
let them die a few times....then explain the situation....maybe the 100g repair bill will make them try harder.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Eventually people will figure out that healers scale horrible with the levels. Just make em learn the hard way untill then.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Make em run back to there corpses unless they agree to ease off :)
Reply Quote
What I've done in the past is make it known to the tank that I need mana. I then sit down to drink to a full bar. If the tank runs off and aggros? Cat form and stealth. Wipe. When I get blamed it point to what I said in chat.

This usually wakes them up. If not, leave the group.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/08/2010 12:00 AMPosted by Hingis
I have a level 76 priest in northrend greens, how I am ever going to heal on her without the 264 epics?

Pretty easily, actually.

First of all, Vashj'ir and Mount Hyjal quests will inundate you with quest rewards that are nearly on par with ICC gear (and for the blue item level 288 items, sometimes better, depending on itemization).

You will then be able to fairly easily heal Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides with that gear. On normal mode, these instances are not horribly punishing, though tanks and DPS can on occasion get themselves killed by being stupid. It is a good idea to review boss fights beforehand so you have an idea where people may be standing in fire (including yourself).

To get into Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle (the next higher tier of instances), you need an average item level of 272, anyway. At this point, most players will be in Cataclysm gear.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
While I'm not going through this personally since I'm thankfully leveling with my husband's tank, I know what it's like to want to keep up with the group even if they're being jerks, and I still feel bad when we wipe simply due to me not being allowed to drink.

For my other healers that will be pugging though, I'll be trying extra hard to not be nice and accommodating. Tanks and DPS need to learn now that they can't crush through instances anymore with some AFK healer constantly at full mana. Giving in to them now will just hurt the other healers they encounter in the next group, and they'll probably use you as an example of why they don't need to slow down - after all you managed through!
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
If people refuse to wait for me to drink and I don't mean the first time because they missed chat or whatever, this is when it happens over and over after explaining that mana regen isn't godly anymore like they are used to, I'll warn them if they don't wait until I am ~80% mana or whatever, then I am not healing them until I am 100% mana. Then I follow through, if they die I rez 'em. If they still won't listen, I would probably leave the group. If they kick me, great, I can get in a better group faster ;)
Reply Quote
12/08/2010 12:00 AMPosted by Hingis
This expansion is not healer friendly. Tanks taking 50k hits, dps standing in black fire and demanding heals, mobs with 45k HP, so little XP from instances it's a joke.

I have a level 76 priest in northrend greens, how I am ever going to heal on her without the 264 epics?

Absurdly easily. Within an hour of quests, you'll be in full ilvl 270-280+ gear. However, people entering in WotLK greens are already reporting that the first two instances seem well-tuned even for those cases, so you shouldn't even need to quest if you don't want to.
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
12/07/2010 10:16 PMPosted by Drun
First I do like that mana is the resource instead of my GCD.

Second what should I do about the groups that refuse to CC, refuse to not pull threat, and not give the healer (me) time to get mana, my last group I was chaining my Endless mana (I know only 2k but still something) and my innervate on every cooldown as they refused to stop, had a few wipes as I was oom, how should I handle such groups, should I just avoid randoms and go with friends, let them die and hope they learn, or just leave?

Edit: I should note I was using rocket boots and cat form dash just to keep up so I could steal 2 to 3 seconds of drink.

Stop and drink. You can't do you job without mana. If they want to go ahead without you, let them.

The problem with the LFD is everyone, everyone, is easily once in a dungeon. So they will have no qualms about kicking the tank and healer because they do not take long to replace.

Teamwork is rare and for those impatient people, it is always someone else's fault when a wipe happens. I would suggest running with friends and guildmates if you can.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]