Looking for a decent holy repository

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been browsing the net for a bit and can't find any decent write ups or info about holy. Stats, specs, talent discussions, glyph arguments etc. I haven't healed since SSC and I don't claim to have any idea of how things have changed so any help would be great.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1069856977

That's about the closest thing you'll find right now. As far as I know, everything should be pretty kosher.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
It's easy. Put points into stuff that gives you more healing. Don't put points into stuff that doesn't. Then after 2 weeks of wiping, check EJ
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yeah, a lot of articles you'll find now were all referenced during wotlk. Definetely should wait until people are at level 85 until we get better numbers. I did read up on one thing saying that since Pallies can be raid or tank healers.. Tank Healers will be better upping their mastery for the bubble heal. Raid healers would be better w/o and using more of the AOE heals, since now there is no CD and can be used after just 1 HP.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
I haven't done the number crunching for lvl 85 yet. Some of the stuff will still be true. Some of it won't. I'm not at 85 yet, so I can't tell you what is and isn't true anymore. Well I suppose I could do a bunch of research and give you a purely theoretical analysis, but I want to play WoW :P

You're free to dig through my guide (which was written for WotLK content) for inspiration, but like many of the people before me have mentioned, it's not up to date for Cataclysm content. Jantilla posted the link, but here it is again anyways:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1069856977

By and large, if you are leveling through the dungeons as a healer, you can't go wrong. None of the content is so difficult that provided you don't do dumb stuff (stand in fire, do nothing but spam FoL, pull with empty mana bars, etc.) you will be perfectly fine.

If you're trying to quest as holy... uh, have fun with that. You'd have to go shockadin/exodin. I'm sure it's viable, but I doubt it's optimal. I'm personally lvling as ret, but if your holy set's considerably better than your prot/ret gear, go ahead and stick with holy leveling. I'd strongly recommend altering the standard raid spec to include Denounce and Blazing Light.

Otherwise, just enjoy Cataclysm. Kill some Alliance dogs. Screw around. Kill some more Alliance filth. Make mistakes. Kill even more Alliance. Play with the new abilities.

No, I'm not bitter about being locked out of key questing areas by Alliance. I got my guild to come and pay the favor back :)
Edited by Lylthe on 12/9/2010 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/09/2010 4:04 PMPosted by Lylthe

If you're trying to quest as holy... uh, have fun with that. You'd have to go shockadin/exodin. I'm sure it's viable, but I doubt it's optimal. I'm personally lvling as ret, but if your holy set's considerably better than your prot/ret gear, go ahead and stick with holy leveling. I'd strongly recommend altering the standard raid spec to include Denounce and Blazing Light.

Don't forget Arbiter of the Light. Sure, Judgment's damage sucks, but it'll give you better uptime on Conviction.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]