Which is more complicated?

84 Troll Druid
PvE rotation wise. Assassination, Combat, Sub, or Feral (cat)?
Reply Quote
84 Troll Druid
12/08/2010 12:00 PMPosted by Kudia
12/08/2010 11:58 AMPosted by Perseverant
PvE rotation wise. Assassination, Combat, Sub, or Feral (cat)?

Ret

A wild forum troll appeared! Perseverant uses Whirlwind!
Reply Quote
12/08/2010 12:06 PMPosted by Nyuri
[quote="13057655776"]PvE rotation wise. Assassination, Combat, Sub, or Feral (cat)?

Ret

I pretty much mastered the Ret cycle within 5 minutes on my premade 85 Paladin.
Same with Sub though, so idk what kind of player you are.[/quote]

just wondering what you were doing when you mastered the sub rotation? dungeons? what?

Reply Quote
12/08/2010 1:58 PMPosted by Ellesîme
the floor for feral pve dps has been brought *way* up in cata....

.... but the ceiling has also been brought way up, and optimal feral play is quite literally beyond human capability, requiring multiple sub 100ms decisions and timing.

i hear sub is a lot more complicated then it used to be.... but is it impossible to optimize by a human in real time?

if not i'll claim feral remains the hardest.

with the lower crit chance in raids, it might be impossible to pull off, but rogue is mostly about keeping up debuffs and buffs while maximizing cooldowns, its less challenging if every crit lines up to coincide with the hat icd.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 12:01 PMPosted by Perseverant
[quote="13057655776"]PvE rotation wise. Assassination, Combat, Sub, or Feral (cat)?

Ret

A wild forum troll appeared! Perseverant uses Whirlwind!

Ret is pretty tough.
Edited by Chrístopher on 12/8/2010 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Combat is not that complicated, but timing bandits guile with other dps cooldowns and CP usage is a pain in the arse.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
PVE rotation and complexity don't really belong in the same sentence I'm afraid. MOST players are working their pve rotation on the way to the level cap, it's really only a slight extension of abilities at the level cap.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
What? It looks like 3 years ago called and wants its post back.

I find ret rotation much harder, particularly in pvp where youre managing your defensive cds (including on to your partner) and all the super lame RNG procs.

Out of enhance, Elemental, Arms, Fury, Destro, Afflic, Demo and Shadow the ret rotation is harder than all of them. Again, particularly in pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]