Word of glory

83 Night Elf Druid
As people have not gotten my point:

These are to paladins who use Word of Glory unnecessarily. I am not saying Word of glory should be tossed aside I am saying unless circumstances call for it just let the healer do their job.

Healing can be incredibly boring at times. Its also pretty insulting to have your heals rendered useless and be demoted to dps.

As to the smart ass who asked if a DK if they should use Death strike: No never use it. Ever. I recommend standing in front of boss and bandaging up. Waaaay more effective.
Edited by Falicia on 12/8/2010 11:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Eh, it's not really a problem if a pally tank uses WoG earlier than appropriate. All it does it make you overheal with a heal or two. It does no harm and it gives the tank something else to entertain himself with.
Reply Quote
While I've argued about the usefullness of WoG with other Prot pallies, especially as it relates to the talent GbtL, using it really just makes your job easier. At present, any decent Prot Pally should be generating enough threat where using WoG over ShoR isn't going to be an issue. In the end, the only difference is one makes the mobs die faster, the other makes it easier for the group to survive longer.

I personally will only throw WoG up when I see the healer is falling behind, however, I see nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution. So long as the tank is holding aggro, it's better for the group that everyone stays alive instead of worrying about the mobs dying 2 seconds sooner.
Reply Quote
58 Human Priest
Most pallys I meet use it after every encounter even when they don't need it or renew isn't enough I'm casting or using penance they'll use it. I end up over-healing throughout the dungeon or just end up dpsing -.-
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think the argument over WoG depends on the type of healer you have. As a Disc priest I dig it since between it and my PW:S/penance I can pretty much count on the tank to help keep himself up. I would imagine HolyP and Druids dislike it as it negates a lot of the healing/mana they drop into hots.

I'd rather a tank use it and not need to rather than get into the habit of ignoring it and wipe one day due to inattention.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I normally play healers but when I rolled this paladin I chose Prot for faster leveling and then use holy later on. I find though that since I gave up being the healer, I've been usually getting trash or mediocre healers and usually have to WoG all the time. I haven't done a dungeon in 10 levels though so I'm not sure if I'd still have to do it. When I would get a good healer, I was quite happy that I wouldn't have to WoG anymore. If I get down to 50% though and see no incoming heals coming on my addon, I will find a way to get my health back myself. As soon as I get more reliable healers, I'll be happy to not have that key so close. Then again by that time I'll probably have switched back to healing anyways!
Reply Quote
@Falicia

I was having a discussion about this on another thread just a few minutes ago and it looks like it is something the healer and tank should speak about before they get going.

there are 3 ways I look at this.

1.Same Difference: Either they do a bunch of DPS and take a little less damage for a few seconds (SoR) OR They get a decent heal and a ward for a few seconds (WoG). SoR can make a battle end faster and midigate some damage and WoG can sae the healer some mana and make things a slower safer battle. When I am at the min lvl for dungeon and under geared I favor WoG, When I am comfortable with a dungeon and want to get it over faster SoR.

2.What if WoG/SoR is what balances Pallys for specific fights. Again Sor = Faster fights with some mitigation. And WoG = slower fight with better piece of mind and save the healer mana?

3.Maybe it's based on the healer we are grouped with. Maybe with Pure Healers we should be using SoR to help hold aggro better, and with healers that have differing mechanics we use WoG To save them mana

I am sure there are many other methods. and who knows after a few months of Cata Raiding tanks and healers might discover there is only 1 right answer and the other ability is taboo.
Edited by Orig on 12/8/2010 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
37 Blood Elf Warlock
I guess you want DKs to stop using Death Strike too?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
As a paladin tank your sole duty when tanking is like any other tank specialized class is to... mitigate damage and make sure its only on you. If dps is being jerk - don't worry I'm on your side I don't heal dps that pull.

Pally tanks have a talent that will cause all overhealing caused by WoG to create a shield, absorbing the total amount healed and also granting that cool +shield buff.

I usually cast WoG on myself before a big pull when I'm full on Holy Power. What's bad about a strong bubble going into a fight?

You were saying?
Edited by Outiluke on 12/8/2010 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I will use WoG whenever there is a boss fight with lots of spike damage like that guy in throne of the tides Erunak Stonespeaker, for PuG groups it is essential for when he shoots fire, it hurts and sometimes the heals can come a lil slow if the healer is not very good.
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
You tank, I'll heal if you're healing you're disrupting my job and you're not doing your job.
Edited by Falicia on 12/8/2010 10:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2010 4:17 PMPosted by Faelyne

I'm afraid my point was a little over your head.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
Are you joking? You must be. Get to 85. Then you will appreciate anything the tank can do to make your job easier.
Reply Quote
65 Troll Priest
Why even bother having a healer? Bring 5 DPS, 2 spriest and 2 mages, the other one is a rogue make him to tank and use recuperate and bandage.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/08/2010 11:00 PMPosted by Falicia
12/08/2010 4:17 PMPosted by Faelyne

I'm afraid my point was a little over your head.

I'm afraid you don't really have a point, and you clearly don't understand Paladin tanking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]