A Healer and his mana

85 Undead Priest
I read this entire thread - I know my mistake - and I can't help but feel that the OP is just trollin'.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
People who don't want to take responsibility for their actions roll dps...
When I tank on my pally, i live by the rule "you pull it you tank it". Most of the time i do the pulling, so its not an issue. When a bonehead dps intentionally pull a group, i let them tank it. I'll peel of the healer if needed though :P
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
12/06/2010 7:24 PMPosted by Flintte
It's always annoying when a dps pulls an extra group while the healer and tank have to pick up the pieces. When that happens and the healer manages to save everyone, it sends the message "Hey, do whatever you want, be as terrible as you want, the healer's got you covered". And so this makes the healer angry, because by allowing the dps to get away with acting like morons, the healer's just put the entire burden of the party onto his shoulders. Now he feels like he's responsible not only for his own mistakes, but for the inadequacies of the whole party. And that's a lot of pressure for a quick 5 man dungeon. Furthermore, the fact that everyone lived means that as the healer gets annoyed, the dps goes "Hey man, chill, everyone lived, no harm done", and now the healer feels like his achievement is devalued while still having this pressure of supporting the party through their idiocy. Now he doesn't even get the recognition he feels he deserves because the moronic dps who pulled is now acting as if it was a good idea to pull an extra group, and to top it off, that dps is being condescending. All of this builds up until the healer rage quits, and while it seems like to nothing to you, it's a whole instance's worth of aggression being pent up and released.

So yeah, it may seem like he's overreacting, but there you go. It's not that he was angry for being low on mana, or even for the pull. He was probably angry by the way that the dps acted as if HE (the healer) was the one being wrong for saving the party and justifying the mage's actions.
A million times this.

I wish I could give you more than one "Like"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]