holy paladin - getting the gear...

85 Blood Elf Paladin
so it's becoming rather clear in these upper levels, that questing is definitely faster than running dungeons over and over. so i put together a decent little ret-set and im leveling much faster now just questing. i believe this is what i'll do til i reach 85 and start healing. my question is, now that im not going to run dungeons and just quest, what happens when i get to 85 and i have absolutely no healer gear? how do i acquire said gear so i can start doing instances and heroics? i know this may seem like a dumb question, but ive never had a level capped character so ive never had this problem before. if i was a priest it wouldnt be a big deal cause most of the stats i need would already be there, intellect and such. but all my gear will be strength and stamina from being retribution, so how will i get the holy gear i need?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
well either way... that doesn't answer my question. lol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
When choosing quest rewards for completing quests, you usually don't have to choose between plate healing gear and plate DPS gear. Often times the quest reward is only one type of plate gear to choose from. So if you play your cards right you should be able to complete quests as a ret paladin but still get healer gear just from quest rewards. Keep the healing gear as an offset so when you get to 85 you won't be completely empty handed when you want to heal.

And I know you said that you don't want to do dungeons, but I highly recommend going through each dungeon at least once as the quests you get while inside the dungeon often give you a lot of XP and often some nice gear.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
ok thats cool, i didnt know how often gear would be rewarded while questing to 85 so thats good to hear. yeah im keeping a healing set to run through the dungeons one or twice to do the quests and get a couple pieces of gear.
Reply Quote
Your other option is to create a holy dps spec. Not something that I'd use in a dungeon, but it works great while questing, especially considering how you've still got effective heals. You only have to work on one set of gear since the stats are pretty much the same as a healer. I'm not planning on not being 85 for long and don't plan on being ret for my off spec, so it's easier this way. If you enjoy ret and plan on keeping it at 85, I'd ignore me.

But, as has been said, you won't really have to choose between dps and healing gear except in some cases (like relics). Gear is rewarded quite a bit, so you don't have much to worry about. If it wasn't, we'd be screwed as healers, what with spell costs going up and gear not really matching it as it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]