Best Disc Healing Spec??

25 Human Priest
I've been looking around and can't descide what is the best disc build for raiding.. I mean there are so many variations but what would be the best?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
In my mind, there are only a couple of options in the disc tree. The first and lesser option is whether to get Strength of Soul, vs. Train of Thought, or both. For now I am trying out train of thought because I can still do quite a bit of smite-atonement healing, and it is not necessary to spam the tank with heal spells to keep him up, so strength of soul is not necessary. I could easily see it swinging the other way for raiding, though. I do not have enough info or experience currently to comment on the gheal-inner focus aspect of train of thought, but instinctively I'm not super impressed by it.

The second option is whether you want to get evangelism-archangel-atonement talents, or not. These 5 points could easily be redistributed into mental agility and inner sanctum. Again, for now I'm doing smite-healing and enjoying it. I strongly suspect that the pendulum will swing again once we get to 85 and into raids, and it might be preferable to lose the potential benefits of burst healing with archangel in favor of the more reliable benefits of mental agility and inner sanctum.

Aside from those talents mentioned above, check my disc spec to see what I consider to be "mandatory" for that spec for PVE healing.
Edited by Dekadron on 12/8/2010 5:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Personally, I don't want to take the Smite talents. It was fun in Beta, but once they nerfed the crap out of Archangel and made it a mana loss, I lost interest. The fun part was using Archangel to manage mana, but now it barely refunds the cost of one smite, much less the other 4 you needed to build up 5 stacks.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/08/2010 6:14 AMPosted by Flintte
Personally, I don't want to take the Smite talents. It was fun in Beta, but once they nerfed the crap out of Archangel and made it a mana loss, I lost interest. The fun part was using Archangel to manage mana, but now it barely refunds the cost of one smite, much less the other 4 you needed to build up 5 stacks.

Looks like the intention is for it to be a burst healing cooldown. Personally, I think giving up inspiration (which is pretty typical in archangel builds) is quite a lot to ask.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I'd say aside from whats needed, its personal taste. I enjoy and have had great success with my spec tho.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]