Over 9000 Mana

85 Goblin Priest
Blizz really…

@ 83
VT + DP + SW:P + MF + MB = Over 9000 MANA

I should not have to spec. into “Masochism” for PVE and the weakest dispel protection of “Sin and Punishment” for PVP is a joke watching almost 8K mana blown away with dispels.

This is NOT right
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol, gonna be a lot worse at 85

12/08/2010 3:08 AMPosted by Cavaet

I should not have to spec. into “Masochism” for PVE

why not
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why shouldn't a priest have to spec into masochism? My level 50 shadow priest specced into it. It's a good mana return talent, especially for leveling.
Reply Quote
You really should spec into Masochism for PvE, it's a great talent.

But mana costs are utterly ridiculous. In Beta at 85, out of my 70k mana pool, I was spending 10k just to put my DoTs up. That's 1/7 of my mana gone in the first 3 seconds of a fight. That doesn't make any sense. SW:P doesn't cost any more mana for the rest of the fight due to Pain and Suffering, but VT and DP are refreshed quite often, and they absolutely devastate your mana.

It's incredibly not fun to have to pop every mana cooldown as soon as their available. I can no longer use Shadowfiend for extra burst or Dispersion for damage reduction because I need to use them on cooldown to prevent my mana from dropping to 0. As far as I understood, only healers (and Arcane Mages) were supposed to have to worry about mana, but Shadow is the most mana intensive caster spec right now.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Hey at 83 for an arcane mage its 5K mana per cast of arcane blast at a 4stack. i only have 50K mana thats 10 casts and i'm oom. So if im not carful I can go oom from full in less then 20 seconds. its worse with arcane poer active, than its less then 10 seconds
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Muhahahahahaha
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You all think SW:Death should be added to a Spriest rotation above the execute range for mana return?

So spend 1200 more mana and a DPS LOSS to slow the OOM process? NO

YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A MANA RETURN FOR DAMAGE ABSORBED FYI
Reply Quote
80 Orc Shaman
12/08/2010 10:52 AMPosted by Cavaet
You all think SW:Death should be added to a Spriest rotation above the execute range for mana return?

So spend 1200 more mana and a DPS LOSS to slow the OOM process? NO

YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A MANA RETURN FOR DAMAGE ABSORBED FYI

dude use a macro.

/cancelaura Power Word:Shield
/cast Shadow Word:Death

you HAVE to use death as part of your rotation above 25%...HAVE TO. they even said it on beta. this is intended. you need machoism, its a must take talent.

All that said, priest spells are ridiculously expensive. I really don't know why, but its always been crazy intensive since lvl 60.

Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Rogue
12/08/2010 10:52 AMPosted by Cavaet

I think that in pve you will take damage often enough to make the talent worth taking even if you take SW:Death off your hotbar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]