What exactly is..

85 Blood Elf Paladin
'a single-target attack to Censure the target' when Crusader Strike doesn't even apply a stack :-/ Unless I'm mistaken, before Cata, wasn't there a small time after talent changes that CS WAS applying 1 stack of it?
Edited by Caddo on 12/8/2010 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
I seem to vaguely remember some CS stacking into Seal of Truth, but Im not certain.

That would explain the strange almost nonsensical word "censure" they use now with no real meaning in the description of SEAL OF TRUTH. ( It meant something before they nerfed it, but not now. )

According to Wkipedia: "Censure is a process by which a formal reprimand is issued to an individual by an authoratative body."

...It reminds me of the description Blizz uses for JUDGEMENT: "Unleashes the energy of a seal to judge an enemy for Holy damage."
I think both the words "Censure" and "Judge" in these cases of our Pally talents are now nothing but window dressing with no real meaning as far as some game mechanic goes.
In the case of SEAL OF TRUTHS "Censure", it is nothing but another way of saying what each "Stack" of SEAL OF TRUTH is now, but before it meant CS stack.
That said, if you ignore the word "Censure" and just substitute it with "Stack" of SEAL OF TRUTH altogether, it makes sense I suppose.

UPDATE: Ok, my bad, "Judge" in Judgement DOES make sense...as you are "judging" an enemy and doing damage when this is used along with a SEAL. Disregard the rest of this post please. ( I did not know that, to my newb shame until recently...lol. )

What I dont understand is what they mean by:

"Unleashing this seals energy" will deal 121 Holy damage to an enemy, increased by 10% for each application of censure on the target."

What is "Unleashing this seals energy?"
I never see any "121 Holy damage" ever being done no matter what I try.
Edited by Shanndorn on 12/9/2010 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Unleashing this seal's energy means using the Judgement spell on your target. Since Judgement's effect depends on what Seal you have on, it's technically supposed to be "unleashing" the seal's energy.

It's a bit of a weird wording choice, possibly could be cleared up a bit.
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
...opps, double post. Ive been judged...lol
Edited by Shanndorn on 12/9/2010 3:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
62 Human Paladin
12/08/2010 11:41 PMPosted by Greenfly
Unleashing this seal's energy means using the Judgement spell on your target. Since Judgement's effect depends on what Seal you have on, it's technically supposed to be "unleashing" the seal's energy.

It's a bit of a weird wording choice, possibly could be cleared up a bit.

Your right. Im mistaken. Judgement and the wording Blizz uses is spot on. I however was not. I thought simply using JUDGEMENT by itself was when it would "unleashes the energy of a seal." But I took another look after your comment, and tried Judgement AFTER I had a Seal up and attacked a mob, and there it was...the Judgments damage. Thanks for clearing this up. I, Shanndorn the newb am at your service good sir...lol
Edited by Shanndorn on 12/9/2010 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]