Druid Heals and Mana

85 Troll Druid
any1 else notice that Druid healing 5 mans go oom so much faster than any other healing class?
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
Faster than the Holy Priests who've been complaining about OOMing for the last 2 months?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/08/2010 2:07 PMPosted by Dubalicious
any1 else notice that [enter the healing class you play here] healing 5 mans go oom so much faster than any other healing class?

We're gonna be seeing this for a while now, aren't we?

not true.... i have seen disc holy priest and holy pallies do well *havnt seen shaman yet* and i play a resto druid....... im oom more than not >.> the spells dont heal for nothing compared to there mana cost
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
I used to never go below 90% mana on my Holy Pally, until I hit level 83, then it all went downhill, now I usually end a fight under 50%. I can't wait to see how much harder it gets at 84 and 85 until I get better gear at max level.

I find it fun, tbh. I think this will be true for all healers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I did Lost City of Tol'Vir with a group of 84s besides me (85) and only had trouble on the last boss (oom, party at 50%, innervate/potion/tree form used). I haven't done anything more difficult, but losing a lot of mana to trash is pretty standard now - on the bright side, it gives you time to discuss things. I do see it being a problem for overzealous tanks or DPS who want to GOGOGOGOGO, but for anyone with a bit of patience it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
i was really really really ragin earlier. Thinking there was a bug or something as to why my heals were doin less then what they did at 80..., 3k rejuv ticks with 6.2k spell power at 85. when a tank or anyone has over 100k+ health its not NEAR enough.spending 50k mana per trash pull isnt normal atleast i hope not anyway...I hope blizz reads this and fixes it cuz its rediculous at the moment...
Edited by Trorky on 12/8/2010 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I was having some mana issues in the Stonecore, but only when the tank pulled waaaay too much and I had to tree form and spam Regrowth. It's normal to drink every other trash pull.

And yes, I do notice Druids struggling a bit more with mana. I'll see it better when I take my Pally, Priest, and Shaman to 85.
Reply Quote
Of course you're ooming if you're using the same spells you were using in Wrath. Though it seems like it heals for nothing, Nourish is your go-to heal. Rejuv is no longer your cure-all spell and so it gets used less frequently; same with WG. Lifebloom is actually useful now (only one target though).

I haven't used my druid yet, either on Live or in Beta, but I do know that every spec, be it heals, tanking, or dps, has to learn new rotations and priorities, thanks to the new 81-85 abilities and scaling.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
understood, but when the heal is less then the mana cost its just straight out rediculous...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/08/2010 5:06 PMPosted by Flintte
Nourish is your go-to heal. Rejuv is no longer your cure-all spell and so it gets used less frequently; same with WG. Lifebloom is actually useful now (only one target though).

With the health pools pre-85 Nourish isn't viable without at least one HoT ticking. The cast time should be reduced a fraction of a second to make up for the fact that we need to apply a HoT before we cast it.
Reply Quote
12/08/2010 5:29 PMPosted by Outiluke
12/08/2010 5:06 PMPosted by Flintte
Nourish is your go-to heal. Rejuv is no longer your cure-all spell and so it gets used less frequently; same with WG. Lifebloom is actually useful now (only one target though).

With the health pools pre-85 Nourish isn't viable without at least one HoT ticking. The cast time should be reduced a fraction of a second to make up for the fact that we need to apply a HoT before we cast it.

For tank healing in raids and 5 mans (yes, restos make perfectly competent tank healers now), Lifebloom should always be up, as far as I know.

Nourish is still sorta crappy though.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/08/2010 6:10 PMPosted by Flintte
For tank healing in raids and 5 mans (yes, restos make perfectly competent tank healers now), Lifebloom should always be up, as far as I know.

Nourish is still sorta crappy though.

Of course Lifebloom should always be up-- on its ONE allowed target. Having one HoT on one target doesn't make Nourish viable. It is still sort of crappy. I think either a slight boost to its heal or a slightly reduced cast time would make it fine.
Edited by Outiluke on 12/8/2010 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As a resto healing, I'm miserable. I can appreciate learning how to heal again, and changing up of mechanics but I literally feel like they're asking me to do this with my hands tied behind my back.

I don't mind drinking between pulls, but even during fights I feel like it's a struggle to survive as if I make one or two mistakes with my healing choices then the group will become handicapped by a lack of mana on my part.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
completely agree nourish needs to be stronger and faster. Other spells need to cost less and heal for more.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
tips i have found

1 always keep your lifebloom on tank i can not stress this enough that is the bulk of your mana regen there (make sure you have the talent that refreshes this when you nourish)

rejuv should only be used with swiftment just cost to much mana to put on every dps

wildgrowth is no longer use every time it is up you will be oom mid fight

throw regrowth off your bars cost way to much mana dose very little healing

NOURISH is your new heal use it wil save your ass you can get some nice crits with the mastry on tanks

and healing touch use if your tank goes below 50% besides that stear away

finnaly tree of life

i sugest you use yout livebloom here just start throwing stacks on people if you spam regrowth you are done for as far as mana

AND DONT BE AFRAID TO USE TRANQ ON PERIODS OF HIGH DAMAGE
Edited by Salvii on 12/8/2010 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My biggest problem is regrowth. It's our only heal that can be used reliably in a hairy situation, but it costs 10% of my mana pool and heals for 5% of the health pool. One mistake by anyone in the group, and its oom time.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/08/2010 2:07 PMPosted by Dubalicious
any1 else notice that [enter the healing class you play here] healing 5 mans go oom so much faster than any other healing class?

We're gonna be seeing this for a while now, aren't we?

Yes, because about 100 people from EACH healing class are going to need to come into the healing forums to tell us about how they're so much worse off than everyone else, and they'll all need to start their own unique snowflake post about it.

Also, since the Forum Mods won't sticky my druid healing guide, all the unique snowflake druids that didn't read my healing guide get to flop around not knowing what to do.

>.>
Edited by Lissanna on 12/8/2010 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Druids are probably the strongest healing class right now. Maybe paladin, but druids are definitely well off. :| I could rant about how annoying it is to be a shaman but.. you know.. I'm mad enough right now because Admiral Ripsnarl is a @#%*ing prick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]