Weapon Imbues Shaman

90 Troll Shaman
Are they supposed to be missing do not remember seeing notes about them being removed?
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Some spells are currently missing from the spellbook. It's not intended, so hopefully they'll come back with the next patch.

Though I am wondering if they are just perhaps hidden from the spellbook and a macro would trigger them? Haven't actually tried it though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
They arnt missing they are passive or atleast the enhancement ones are. Its just called enhance weapons though not sure about ele or resto ones.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Curiously unlesh elements is now different doesnt show tooltips for different imbues jsut says increases Lightning Bolt and LB dmg...i forget % I keep crashing *curse mac client*
Reply Quote
Lots of spells are missing due to ability pruning. I saw Celestalon saying on Twitter that weapon imbues will become passive. And others we're cut too, if not bugs:
  • Earthquake and Totemic Recall were removed from the game.
  • Earth Shock and Chain Lightning are now Elemental-only.
  • Unleash Elements is now Enhancement-only.
  • Chain Heal is now Restoration-only.
  • Enhancement lost Spiritwalker's Grace.
  • Restoration version of Unleashed Fury has a design flaw: it is passive, but Unleash Elements is not available anymore to Restoration. It should be active, like the Elemental version.

And if they are making talent rows to have two active talents and one passive, Enhancement version of Unleashed Fury should replace Unleash Elements.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    We didn't feel that Weapon Imbues were offering much in the way of gameplay. For many players, they felt like more of an annoyance ("why can't I Unleash... oh") than a buff. They're also prime targets for reducing action bar clutter. For those reasons, we decided to convert each spec's primary imbue(s) to passive effects.

However, while the effects of Windfury and Flametongue are a core part of the Enhancement rotation, Earthliving for Restoration and Flametongue for Elemental are little more than a raw numbers increase. Not really something that we need to clutter up the spellbook with. So, for Resto and Elemental, we decided to remove those effects entirely (and compensate for that when we start numbers tuning). For Enhancement, we merged Windfury and Flametongue into one passive (Enhanced Weapons) that gives the benefits of both effects.

Please be aware that the currently active Alpha build was taken in the middle of a pretty big wave of class changes (for everyone, not just Shaman). We'll be getting a full update to the patch notes out as soon as possible once we've completed that round of changes.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    One extra thing I forgot to mention that goes along with this change: Unleash Elements is being split into three different spells, unique to each spec: Unleash Life for Restoration, Unleash Flame for Elemental, and Unleash Elements for Enhancement. Each of those spells acts as Unleash Elements currently does with spec-appropriate imbues active.
    Reply Quote
    58 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Wow, I had no idea they were just tweaked outright. I feel strange and weird about seeing an ability that was in the game since it was launched be pruned or tweaked, especially one that was so iconic (in my mind) for the shaman class. (I remember the initial days of questing when you unlocked flametongue, etc. at the same level you unlocked the elemental totem quests since the elements were meant to be tied together.) But those are really my rose tinted glasses talking. Mechanics trump nostalgia.

But, if this is what players want and there's compensation in the form of tuning the numbers and abilities and whatnot, then I'm sure it'll work out.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Shaman
    Im curious I like this change but what about the earthliving hot is that just being compensated with CH or rain or something? It was a good lil tiny maintenance hot but I would like to see where that is going too
    Reply Quote
    91 Orc Shaman
    I'm really in love with this ability pruning. I fee shamans need it more than other classes by far. Look at all our totems. Those are all CD's. Lots of them. Drowning in totems. For me CD's are not fun unless they really show an increase to my active spells. Healing Stream Totem is a button I push and can kind of tell who its healing. Not really "fun" exactly. Really more of an annoyance. This is not saying I want them to get rid of totems but they could be fewer and far between for each spec. Or just more awesome when they come down.
    What I would really like to see since we don't have Unleash anymore is to maybe get a proc off the passive that boosts our heals. We don't have procs as resto shamans and it would be great to see. I guess you could count Riptide but its just a buff or bar that counts down, not a lit up effect.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    I like that this is passive now, but there is one thing I would like to see changed on this... put back the visual effects.

That weapon swirly may seem like a small thing, but it really was a major visual "flavor" for the shaman class.
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Shaman
    I think it's a good change, but after 30 mins of testing last night I did not see a single windfury proc nor offhand flametongue damage in the combat log. Is it currently non functional?

Also missing from my bars as enhance since last week:- Chain Lightning and Earth Shock (But not Frost Shock).
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    I think they noted that chain lightning and ES will be Ele exclusive spells.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Shaman
    As Juesh has said as far as i know as well CL and ES will be ele only from now on.(unless something changes - alpha) i know the passive weapon imbue has the actives when using unleash though i didnt pay to much attention to windfury or tongue damage so unsure myself.
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Priest
    I am very sad to see the visual effect go away. When you first roll a new shaman, you get the fire orbiting your weapon but once it's gone, it's gone... I miss it.

Please consider bringing back the visual effects from the weapon imbue even if they are passively added.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Rogue
    Either bring back the visuals or bring back the imbues, i honestly don't know why something like this was removed. May as well remove rogue poisons and make them baseline while you're at it.

Also, as everyone else has noted I also didnt get any windfury procs in 1-2 hours of gameplay. Perhaps the visual is not working?
    Reply Quote
    91 Night Elf Druid
    I noticed some totems are missing too.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    I wonder if the visuals could be added to a Minor Glyph, that lets them persist even with baseline weapon enchants active, that could be neat.

Also weapon imbues are fairly different from Rogue Poisons, as there's multiple utility poisons whereas you always use the same imbues as a Shaman.
    Reply Quote
    92 Gnome Mage
    I also request that you bring back the imbue visual. I often make alts because I have interest in the play style. However, in many cases, what peeks my interests is the race cast animation, weapon swing animation, combat rdy and weapons drawn idle stance, and class "buff" visuals, often times when I see others playing that class. Seeing an enhancement shaman in action is what got me interested in playing the class; rotation and sheer fun from playing the class locked it in. I really love how my shammy looks with the imbues and lightning shield up, with weapons drawn and in a ready stance and then swinging those imbued weapons in a fight. Flashy Flashy!....awesome to look at.

I think removing the imbues is a good idea, it allows me to clean up my bars some and it does remove that "why can't I Unleash... oh" annoyance (it usually happens in the middle of some boss fight or mob pull).
    Edited by Mxyzptlk on 7/8/2014 9:56 AM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]