Lifebloom is just another hot now.

90 Tauren Druid
How interesting and fun.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I like it actually. The bloom now comes into play. Might be the only fun thing we have left.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yet another gouge by Blizzard at interesting mechanics. Complexity does not equal difficulty, but it does add depth. Remove all the passives and interesting bits from a spec, and regardless of how viable it is it will be mechanically dull and unbearable to play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
What? The change to Lifebloom actually makes it much less passive and more interesting. It is a change in the latest notes I really like a lot. It will no longer be "Stack x 3 on tank or self, and make damn sure to swap or refresh before it expires." With Incarnation, you now have a chance to make a huge difference to a raid's health bars for relatively little mana. You can drop what would equate to a full stack on anyone you can reach, and depending on how you time it, have a ton of blooms right when you need it.

You now have the option of letting it bloom on a tank when he/she gets smacked, without worrying about the 3 GCD penalty for doing do, which gives us more choices in dealing with single-target burst damage. In addition, depending on how they handle the refreshing of LB, you could theoretically let it tick on a tank, and if you see someone take a big hit when LB has 2 or 3 seconds left, swap and let it bloom on the person needing heals. You can then put it back on the tank as a buffer.

It also makes the glyph much more compelling in PvP, and actually useful in PvE when you know a spike damage fight is incoming.

Personally, I feel this change does the opposite of making Lifebloom "just another HoT".
Edited by Pipikaula on 6/14/2014 1:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
New Lifebloom also makes tree of life talent better!
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
06/14/2014 02:53 AMPosted by Sups
New Lifebloom also makes tree of life talent better!

Hmm, probably too much synergy there given the potential mana gain vs. healing output. I wonder what they will nerf. Oh I know, incoming 5 sec CD on LB.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
All of our "have to press a button three times for no reason" spells are gone.

You're seriously gonna complain about this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Its not just a hot now? Please enlighten me. Just because you had to cast it 3 times it suddenly isn't a hot? Its going to be maintained exactly as it is now. Through single target heals or simply recasting it before the three stacks run off. Its exactly the same except you do not have to cast it 3 times. What is so engaging about having to cast the same spell 3 times? Other than for you to brag about how superior you are as a player for never having to reapply it?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The tree of life talent lost a lot of its value when they made the change a few builds back so that multiple Lifeblooms being out didn't increase your proc chance of Omen of Clarity. That made it no longer a mana regen cooldown like it is on live. If they didn't do something like this, you probably would never not take Soul of the Forest.

If the datamined tooltips are correct, the bloom portion of Lifebloom is going to heal for at least as much as the HoT does in total. If that's correct, you are probably almost always going to want to let it bloom rather than extending it/refreshing it unless the target is at 100% HP. Since they have said tanks will rarely be topped off in WoD, you probably won't want HT/RG extending the duration. I suspect Glyph of Blooming will become PvE mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It's neither interesting nor fun now.

Stack 3x on tank, make sure it doesn't expire =/= interesting or fun.

As others have said, this actually makes it more interesting since you won't be as penalized if you let it bloom or put it on another target.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
What actually was changed with lifebloom? I wasn't able to find anything on alpha notes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/14/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Magsey
What actually was changed with lifebloom? I wasn't able to find anything on alpha notes.

there have been a couple relating to it, but the one under discussion here is that it now only has one stack - you get the full power lifebloom with one cast rather than 3. i think it's an awesome change.

also related to lifebloom, they changed it so Omen of Clarity can only proc from your most recently cast Lifebloom, thus negating the mana saving 'lifebloom all and spam regrowth' tactic the Incarnation talent was primarily used for.

under the new conditions, the power of lifebloom and tree of life together is somewhat different, the 'lifeblooms for everyone!' will be doing the healing heavy lifting with much less gcd expended rather than sprinkling the blooms and spamming regrowth on the OoC procs, as it is now.

it makes Tree of Life much more attractive as a cooldown, imo.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/14/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Magsey

It no longer stacks. The healing is being buffed to compensate.

It's a great change. Most druids should be picking up the LB glyph because of this, since it'll bloom for the amount it heals overtime + 50% greater. It'll be a mandatory glyph. It just fits so perfectly in the triage type healing and the bloom should almost never be overheal. \o/

ToL will be much better as a burst cooldown as well, as Bunny said. Put the glyph + that talent together and it's a major CD to use for 30seconds. You can use it ~10sec before big damage hits to really get it going on at least half the people in your raid so it'll bloom when it hits or not glyph it to get more going. It'll be glorious. Depending on how hard the bloom hits, it may be safe to ignore WG during this phase to get all those LBs spread across.

Oh god, not to mention how it could work with multistrike. If a druid had multistrike going with all the LB spam then you're talking about a lot of healing going out, even if it's a small %. No one should be topped off, so it'll all go into effective healing (ideally).

Wow I'm excited now.
Edited by Meowth on 6/14/2014 6:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
If your idea of interesting is wasting three GCDs i've got a bridge to sell you.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
As others pointed out, this change is actually a good thing.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Resto druid healing is going to have a lot of depth & should be interesting in Warlords. It wasn't having to count to 3 at the start of the fight to stack up lifeblooms that made healing interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The current Lifebloom is why I don't enjoy Resto Druid. I find it incredibly annoying to spam that spell constantly.

Just offering the thoughts of someone who does not currently main a resto druid. I'll be giving the class another look in WoD!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lifebloom was always another HoT.
If you found it an interesting mechanic, you probably find Harmony interesting and hard to keep up.
I smell nerf to Lifebloom or ToL or Glyph of LB. One of these are virtually guarenteed to be nerfed, removed(glyph) or changed.

With this I can see nothing but ToL being LB spam, perhaps a change to ToL to provide no base heal bonus or WG bonus and be nothing but a LB spreading cooldown is down the road. Tree of lifebloom...

If this is the design imo the glyph has to become baked in. Removing it would be too punishing on PvP and is thus why I see more changes comming here in either nerf/changes.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/15/2014 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Lifebloom was always another HoT.
If you found it an interesting mechanic, you probably find Harmony interesting and hard to keep up.
I smell nerf to Lifebloom or ToL or Glyph of LB. One of these are virtually guarenteed to be nerfed or removed(glyph)

I wouldn't be so sure. Wild Growth is 55% of base mana in WoD but does something around 5 times the healing of similar spells (CoH/POH/CH). As a result, Soul of the Forest and always lining up Swiftmend and WG is going to be extremely strong, far stronger than it is on live. They also removed the ability for multiple Lifeblooms to proc extra OOC procs during TOL, and that arguably the best use of the cooldown. Without this change to Lifebloom, TOL would have been weaker relative to SoTF than it is on live.

I suspect they may triple the mana cost of Lifebloom to account for the fact that it is now effectively doing 3 times the healing per mana spent as it was with 3 stacks and to not make it so that you lose nothing from letting Lifebloom drop. If they do nerf something, I think they will most likely just remove the increased bloom from the Blooming glyph completely. The glyph would still be viable without it, because you very well may not want your Lifebloom getting extended by HT/RG and prefer letting it bloom.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
06/15/2014 07:21 PMPosted by Tiberria
They also removed the ability for multiple Lifeblooms to proc extra OOC procs during TOL, and that arguably the best use of the cooldown.

Well that's been removed because of Moment of Clarity, err Legendary Meta gem.,,err whatever they want to pass that talent off as. ToL Hasn't really been necessary for that since....hmph...MSV/HoF. This new talent would've made ToL a pure 'regen' mechanic had they not reduced OoC procs to only the most recent LB.

Without this change to Lifebloom, TOL would have been weaker relative to SoTF than it is on live.

Kind of like live...sighhh. I miss the days when a resto druid was called a tree for a reason...

I suspect they may triple the mana cost of Lifebloom to account for the fact that it is now effectively doing 3 times the healing per mana spent as it was with 3 stacks and to not make it so that you lose nothing from letting Lifebloom drop

I don't see that doing anything at all, on live 3x LB cost = slightly more than 1rejuv cast. Meh.

I like the change...just not really sure how this goes live without some change to ToL. Even with a mana increase, if we're talking in the ballpark of Rejuv cost....for a spell with ToL on a 3min Cd, I'll poo mana all I want, could care less when were talking a major cd.. (only compounded with potential Moment of Clarity procs)

As for the WG changes, I'm aware of how strong it appears. I just reallly reserve judgement and am skeptical until I see it live or at the very least in beta. I don't know how drastically these changes to smart heals are going to be. If it's really significant...well we'll see.
Edited by Tonydanza on 6/15/2014 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]