Healing Add Ons

90 Tauren Druid
I currently use Healium for my resto druid, my mistweaver monk and my holy priest and I have found that it just takes up too much of my screen especially when I am healing a 25 man raid.

I'm a little apprehensive about Grid and Healbot.

Can anyone suggest a good healing add on that is great for all 3 classes?

I'm a little apprehensive about Grid and Healbot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Healium is literally the worst healing addon you can use. You are really crippling your potential by sticking with it over even the default frames.

Vuhdo is generally the best healing addon, as it comes with quite a bit of utility baked in, no plugins required, and is made by and for healers.
However, Grid and Grid2 can do the same things, they're just different interfaces. (also, for click-to-cast, they require the Clique addon)
Healbot is another option which I do not know much about but is definitely superior to Healium.

I'd recommend getting Vuhdo and uninstalling Healium asap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I just read that the creator of VuhDo is going to stop managing and updating this add on.

Do you think it would still be viable?

I did uninstall Healium right before I started doing my research as I know I will not use it again lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/21/2014 11:56 AMPosted by Timbîts
I just read that the creator of VuhDo is going to stop managing and updating this add on.

Do you think it would still be viable?

I did uninstall Healium right before I started doing my research as I know I will not use it again lol

There's like, six different people who have already offered to take over. Right now, VuhDo works just fine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Cool thank you Tiriel :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Healbot, grid and Vuhdo are all pretty similar. Though vuhdo is the only mod with "AoE advice", which can be set up to show a number on players that indicates optimal targets for your AoE spells.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
06/21/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Elume
Though vuhdo is the only mod with "AoE advice",

Grid2 has this, and Grid has plugins for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I use a mix of Healium and mouseover macros. It works the best for me.

I set up healium as my frames, then add a few key spells to it. The majority of my heals is through mouseovers though.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Priest
06/21/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Tiriel
There's like, six different people who have already offered to take over. Right now, VuhDo works just fine

I loved Vuhdo, but got into a raid and had only tank bars.
The rest of the raid including myself had no bars.

Healbot came to the rescue even though the raid did not wait for me to set it up properly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
06/24/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Astera

I set up healium as my frames, then add a few key spells to it. The majority of my heals is through mouseovers though.

I could not imagine every healing with that addon outside of a 5man. Perhaps when it's edited it's not as bad, but still.

06/24/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Karmacake
06/21/2014 01:30 PMPosted by Tiriel
There's like, six different people who have already offered to take over. Right now, VuhDo works just fine

I loved Vuhdo, but got into a raid and had only tank bars.
The rest of the raid including myself had no bars.

Healbot came to the rescue even though the raid did not wait for me to set it up properly.

Sounds like it was a setup issue more than anything else, I had issues with some of my profiles in the past missing info I wanted it to have.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

You are not doing yourself any favors by sticking with Healium when you're already forming better habits that do not rely on using it.
Reply Quote
Here's a few different options for healing set up:

1) Vuhdo
2) Clique + Grid or Grid 2
3) Clique + default ui
4) Clique + Elvui
5) Healbot
6) Mouseover macros + default ui
7) Mouseover macros + Elvui

Although if you are looking for an addon, I would definitely recommend Vuhdo. I started using Vuhdo sometime between DS and T14 after using Healbot and I liked the customizing ability of Vuhdo over Healbot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
06/24/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Alliannah
1) Vuhdo
2) Clique + Grid or Grid 2
3) Clique + default ui
4) Clique + Elvui
5) Healbot
6) Mouseover macros + default ui
7) Mouseover macros + Elvui

Yeah, once you get into combinations, the possibilities are nearly endless.
Like, what I use isn't even listed here - Grid2+mouseover macros.

Also, when I used Vuhdo, it was with mouseover macros. Some people just do not like mousebinds. I always found numbers much easier to remember. I actually do have clique for a handful of abilities, but yeah. Vuhdo is very versatile and user friendly.
Reply Quote
06/24/2014 02:49 PMPosted by Piamette

Yeah, once you get into combinations, the possibilities are nearly endless.
Like, what I use isn't even listed here - Grid2+mouseover macros.

[/quote]

doh! I felt like I was forgetting some...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Don't do this.

Go get a real raid frame replacement addon. Healium is just...trash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Vuhdo man. It takes time to customize and learn. But once you set profiles for solo, 5 mans, 10 mans and 25 mans as well as 40 for AV you wont want to use anything else.

Incredible mod. I will cry tears if its not picked up and maintained by another coder in WoD
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Ciph
Vuhdo man. It takes time to customize and learn. But once you set profiles for solo, 5 mans, 10 mans and 25 mans as well as 40 for AV you wont want to use anything else.

Incredible mod. I will cry tears if its not picked up and maintained by another coder in WoD

A bunch of people have offered to take it over, but the author hasn't responded yet. :\
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm also a Healium user, and yeah, I know that everyone hates it. I tried Vuhdoo once but just couldn't figure it out. But grid or grid2 with clique might be doable, right? Would setting this up be more intuitive you think? I'm hoping it works something like click on a targeted party member with grid, then hit the keybind to actually heal. Am I right?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
mousover macros, any raid frames. gg
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/28/2014 09:04 PMPosted by Teapray
I'm also a Healium user, and yeah, I know that everyone hates it. I tried Vuhdoo once but just couldn't figure it out. But grid or grid2 with clique might be doable, right? Would setting this up be more intuitive you think? I'm hoping it works something like click on a targeted party member with grid, then hit the keybind to actually heal. Am I right?

First of all; HealBot is the easiest one to configure out of them. Grid is definitely less user friendly than Vuhdo (can't speak about grid2 because I've never tried it) If you're having issues configuring - try HealBot out. once you get familiar and comfortable with healbot, switch to Vuhdo.

However, it seems to me that you're misunderstanding click casting; perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding, but click casting essentially means what you want to cast is being cast at the moment you click your mouse button (or release it, but that's minor details). This means that "baseline" you have 3 places to bind heals - Left click, middle click and right click. Then you have modifiers - they work in exactly the same way as keybind modifiers (Shift left click, shift middle click, ctrl right click, shift ctrl left click.. etc)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]