Why so FEW Holy Pally's anymore?

90 Pandaren Monk
whats the reason why there are so few holy pally's anymore? I m gearing one up and enjoy the healing but the healing does seem a bit lackluster compared to druids, shamans, and disc priests.....but why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
From a player that has all healers...holy paladin will forever be my favorite.

It takes a certain....finesse to play one and to be incredibly stubborn about everything. Personally I see a lot of paladins out there when I log in sometimes but not that many at higher raiding levels.

We trade up on a lot of goodies other healers have but in return we have a ton of versatility. Unfortunately a lot of that simply comes from being a paladin but...you do get to enjoy being the last healer standing.

Throughput isn't honestly an issue. You just gotta find one of the styles that fits you best and roll with it.
Edited by Marathel on 6/26/2014 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't think Holy Paladins are lackluster at all. :( A good pally brings a lot to the table!

If anything, I think people get tricked by Illuminated Healing into thinking our heals are weak. In reality a significant portion of your healing is being converted into an absorb which is more difficult to "feel." I don't think its as much of an issue for Disc because absorbs might as well be the name of the spec, but I haven't played disc since cata so I don't really know.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I don't feel it lackluster at all, in fact, I miss all the utility when I'm on my priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Having spammed proving grounds on my priest. When I tried it on my pally. I didn't know what to do with so many cooldowns heh.

Paladins have lots of cooldowns. Utilizing them is what makes them valuable.

I wouldn't really say they're lackluster. They require you to think more ahead of time. Very much similar to how Disc -used- to have to play. Unless you play selfless healer. Then well. Close your eyes and roll around on your keyboard. (Hyperbole ofc)

I've seen lots of pallies lately on my alt pug groups though. (They're usually EF speced, LoD spammers though -_-) I think they are just outshined and less popular than the current disc fad there is. I remember when disc was a rare breed :( Now everyone plays it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
My raid group has 2 plus a couple Rets with Holy OS ready if needed as well. They seem plenty to me.

Paladins may not have Divine Star-levels of absorbs (although SH is still very absorb-based) nor Shaman levels of raw healing burst. However, they are very sought after in raid groups due to their big utility toolkit which comes in handy in pretty much any encounter. Moreover their absorbs are still solid and serve as good raid damage buffering, with a Paladin with 4p who pops DF+AV shooting absorbs like crazy. I really couldn't imagine raiding 25m without at least one around.

My main problem with them is the poor players you can find in Flex and LFR, speccing EF and using LoD and such.
Reply Quote
Plenty of Hpallies. Finding the good ones is the hard part,
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Virsta, I've been waiting almost an hour for the rest of that sentence. Don't leave me hanging!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are plenty of Holy Paladins. It's just that most of them don't know how to Holy Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/26/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Areos
There are plenty of Holy Paladins. It's just that most of them don't know how to Holy Paladin.

It's like every class and every spec. There are lots of everything, but the minority are exceptional at what they do.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 07:30 PMPosted by Tsilyi
Virsta, I've been waiting almost an hour for the rest of that sentence. Don't leave me hanging!

whelp this is hawkward.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Two
For just a dollar a day you can symbolically adopt a Holy Paladin. Your donation will go towards gemming, enchanting, and reforging his or her gear. And when they down heroic bosses we will send you a picture of the Holy Paladin and their current stats.

Please... call before it's too late...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
HPallies too OP, obv.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi there.
Reply Quote
Virsta is obviously killing them off (the good ones) in order to increase pro-raiders rank.
Reply Quote
it's acutally kind of sad. There are not many good US Paladins anymore :( Plenty on the EU servers though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
rip nodzz
Reply Quote
uhhhhhhhhhh mhmmm sure....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]