why did thay change the mw so you cant heal

2 Dwarf Hunter
You cant cast your healing spheres any more WHATS UP WITH THAT? They make a new classcharacter that ppl have fun playing. Then they screw it up. What they said they were going to do they did the opposite.
Edited by Imissed on 6/28/2014 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
wat?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/28/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Divinefaith
wat?

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Are you speaking of something from the Beta?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You're upset because they took away a spell that does the same thing as the mastery proc, but only lets you have 3 orbs at a time? I thought that was a dumb spell to have with MW mastery. It would have been a nice spell if mastery didn't do the same thing.

06/28/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Imissed
Then they screw it up. What they said they were going to do they did the opposite.
You're going to have to clarify that so any one has some idea what you are talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/28/2014 09:08 PMPosted by Elyssyra
You're upset because they took away a spell that does the same thing as the mastery proc, but only lets you have 3 orbs at a time? I thought that was a dumb spell to have with MW mastery. It would have been a nice spell if mastery didn't do the same thing.

You've actually got it the wrong way around. MW'w mastery is unreliable whereas Healing Spheres were quite good.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm going to assume you're talking about the removal of Healing Sphere being castable by the monk instead of only proccing off of mastery.

I was upset about the change at first until I saw that they added a spell called Detonate Chi, which is really going to make their mastery shine again. To be fair the healing sphere that we could cast made for some ridiculous single target healing, which is probably why it got removed.

Copied from the beta notes:
Detonate Chi is a new spell available to Mistweaver Monks, instantly detonating all Healing Spheres, and causing each of them to heal a nearby ally within 12 yards of the sphere with a 15-second cooldown.
Edited by Runyalote on 6/28/2014 9:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
One ability isn't what makes a class fun. It's the entire toolkit.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/28/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Volißear
One ability isn't what makes a class fun. It's the entire toolkit.

Iunno, Atonement is all I need to play a Disc.

I joke, I joke.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There was zero chance Healing Sphere was going to make it to WoD as is. Even if they gave it an arming time so it couldn't be spammed, it would still be completely awkward. It's obviously not working as intended, plus it's the biggest offender as an instant spammable heal which they don't want in PvP.
Edited by Rexxee on 6/29/2014 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
06/28/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Magsey
You've actually got it the wrong way around. MW'w mastery is unreliable whereas Healing Spheres were quite good.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not really mourning the loss of Healing Sphere much, but to say "it's ok there's still mastery" is a good way of demonstrating a lack of knowledge regarding Mistweavers' entire existence.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Hunter
Will i see the only ppl that dont get it are the ones that dont play pvp or a monk. it's not the spaming. it's being able to move and cast a spall in front of your target. pvp is a fluid game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Sure, as a MW I get all excited when I know I can run away spamming 185k spheres that bring me back to full HP in 1-2 sec, and I don't even have to spend time casting.

But it's unfair to DPS classes who spend a good amount of time trying to kill me, just so I can spit one ball and get back to 100% health.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Why not just nerf them, why stop players from using them on the run. it makes no sense to me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2014 09:52 PMPosted by Magsey
06/28/2014 09:08 PMPosted by Elyssyra

I didn't state mastery was better than Healing Spheres. I did state that there shouldn't be a spell that does the same thing as mastery. As Runyalote stated, you are getting Detonate Chi, which enhances mastery, to replace a spell that replicates mastery. Since they are not changing mastery, this change is better for the overall class design.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
06/30/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Elyssyra
to replace a spell that replicates mastery

I'd actually say it's more like the other way around; mastery attempts to replicate healing sphere.

Yeah, they're trying to make our mastery better, which is much needed, but we'll see how well that works out. Our mastery is extremely crappy currently, and that's all we know for a fact. Personally I'd like to see our mastery reworked completely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Right now the 8th bast player in the world is a healing monk only surpassed by a druid healer 4th in in the world as pvp players go. dont know much about pve at all. None of this answer the question. WHY REMOVE THE SPELL?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
07/01/2014 06:29 AMPosted by Kneeandertal
Right now the 8th bast player in the world is a healing monk only surpassed by a druid healer 4th in in the world as pvp players go. dont know much about pve at all. None of this answer the question. WHY REMOVE THE SPELL?

Because in WoD it would be the single most OP healing spell in the game, it would be a spell that's either not worth using or OP. It also forces "bad" players to use a bot to use it effectively, since outside of some it's too hard to use in PvP for the users who can't predict their teams movements.

Multiple reasons ;p
Edited by Sensations on 7/1/2014 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
This is nuts.When you know what your doing in RBG you'll know where your healing target is going. there is alwas going to be cheaters in the game. They nerfth spells to get them right. I play a monk in the bata right now. A warrior wanted to duel (in bata), I said I am a healer but he or she insisted. When the warrior lost I was at full health. and never went be low 90%. The healing Sphere are fun to play around with, it makes the game fun. IT's not a job. I play the game for fun.
Edited by Kneeandertal on 7/1/2014 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
07/01/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Kneeandertal
This is nuts.When you know what your doing in RBG you'll know where your healing target is going. there is alwas going to be cheaters in the game. They nerfth spells to get them right. I play a monk in the bata right now. A warrior wanted to duel (in bata), I said I am a healer but he or she insisted. When the warrior lost I was at full health. and never went be low 90%. The healing Sphere are fun to play around with, it makes the game fun. IT's not a job. I play the game for fun.

I have no idea where you're going with this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]