Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Hi I do not have enough knowledge of Resto Shammy and Resto Druid, but at times i feel that our Shammy in guild could be under-performing. I've sit out on Protectors so that we could have a fight where absorb wasn't being a factor. Could any expert help point out if anything was wrong? Shammy was 575 and Druid should be OS 572. Thanks in advance.
First thing that jumps at me is hst at 5.5%.
Even if they take AG over Rushing Streams, which... well idk which most rshaman take nowadays, HST should account for a significantly larger portion of their healing.
Not an expert or particularly good shaman by any means, but a couple of things that jump out at me (in no particular order):
1. Riptide casts were pretty good (61 out of a possible 65).
2. They have the 2 piece, which gives the Earth Shield target an absorb on top of the heal (Nature's Barrier). Earth Shield uptime is at 34.6%, so they could be getting much more use from that as well as the 20% healing buff on that target.
3. Unleash life buffs your Healing Rain by 30% (can be used before every healing rain with minimal HR down time), and they cast it (Unleash weapon) 3 times in a 6:30 fight.
4. One use of Ascendance (3 min CD), one use of Elemental Mastery (1.5 min CD), one use of AG (2 min CD). Obviously, it's not always beneficial to cast these on CD regardless of raid damage, but they should typically be seeing more than one use per fight, unless they are being used as raid CD and asked to hold it.
5. 54 total Healing Stream Totem ticks, which (assuming at least 6k haste for 9 ticks on HST - most shamans with that kind of gear will be at 7.6k+ haste) is, best case scenario, 6 casts on a totem with a 30 second CD. So they're getting about half the healing from HST that they could be.
That or some kind of weakauras set up would probably be very helpful.
Edited by Ffraid on 7/2/2014 3:39 PM PDT
They were using Glyph of Riptide. Honestly this glyph is a HPS loss in pretty much every situation. Thok is the only fight where it has real use. There isn't any real reason to intentionally nerf your only instant cast direct heal, especially when as you said they were casting about as many as they could without the glyph meaning they didn't really gain anything by glyphing it.
Their Talent selection is strange. Rushing Streams is pretty much always the strongest talent in that tier unless your raid needs an extra through put cooldown to deal with some heavy damage. Considering their CD usage (which can use some work as others have pointed out) it doesn't seem as though you guys are in need of another cd. This leads to the next problem, HST uptime.
Should really get some kind of cd tracking mod or weak aura set up so they can be more aware of when things are coming off cd. For HST there is some merit in holding it for a few seconds to wait for damage to go out but you really don't want to be holding onto it for too long. In 10 man with Rushing Streams HST is effectively healing 20% of the group with each tick, and it heals for quite a lot. This shouldn't be under valued.
EM is another questionable talent choice if they aren't actively using it. The passive Haste from Ancestral Swiftness allows you to free up a ton of stat points to be put into Crit or Mastery. Also the instant cast heal comes in handy even if you are just using it for instant Healing Rains.
They took Primal Elementalist but only cast one Earth Ele throughout the entire fight, and they didn't use Reinforce to give them passive 10% damage reduction and healing for it's duration. They could have easily cast at least Fire Ele, and at most each Elemental twice.
They tend to bounce back and forth between GHW and HS. At their gear level they should be making the most out of the increased Crit chance on HS from Tidal Waves and the mana it returns through Resurgence.
They were using Telluric Currents for this fight and only cast 5 Lightning Bolt. That's a wasted glyph slot imo. If they want to use a glyph to help sustain their mana usage they should start getting used to Glyph of Totemic Recall, and using it to Recall all of their totems within the last 1-2 seconds of their duration. TR has great synergy with the Legendary Meta in that any spell you cast during it's duration is free, this includes totems. You can game LMG procs by dropping Magma Totem during the proc and recalling it after the proc has worn off. Over the course of the fight this really adds up.
Oops >.< My mistake.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.