A question regarding tanks (to the healers)

90 Orc Warlock
I'm really just curious, I'm not asking what tank to play, no not at all, but which classes do you find the easiest and hardest to heal or keep alive? Are you ever relieved to a see a certain class as tank or do you sometimes see one class join with you and you'll groan outloud?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bad Brewmaster tanks makes me cringe. Bad Blood DK's are more of a variety between challenging(keeps you on your toes) to merely annoying.

Because if you don't know what you're doing you're going to drop faster than a stack of hotcakes.

Prot warriors, bears and prot paladins are more predictable in my opinion even at lower levels and thus far easier to heal. Of course this is assuming they know to press some buttons.When they're bad you can tell right now and the damage spikes are predictable as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Usually brewmaster players don't know how to push buttons os something like this, so I hate healing them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hate in 5 mans when another Paladin shows up and doesn't cast Might/Kings after I cast the other which leaves me with my buff and not his which usually means I have Kings when I'd prefer Might.

Yes, I could type out asking for them to do it, but the players who don't instantly cast it never wait before chain pulling the entire instance.
Edited by Boggyb on 6/26/2014 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/26/2014 01:40 PMPosted by Marathel
Bad Brewmaster tanks makes me cringe. Bad Blood DK's are more of a variety between challenging(keeps you on your toes) to merely annoying.

Agreed. Especially with emphasis on bad Brewmasters. I play disc with DK. So the DK situation isn't as noticeable when it comes to pugs. Unless ofc they are outright terribad.

Prot warriors, bears and prot paladins are more predictable in my opinion even at lower levels and thus far easier to heal. Of course this is assuming they know to press some buttons.When they're bad you can tell right now and the damage spikes are predictable as well.

Warriors and Bears are always nice in my experience even if they aren't the best with CDs. Prot pallies depend on how they open for me. They usually get trucked really hard if they aren't going into a taunt with Bastion of glory(Is that what its called?) up. Which sounds obvious that they should, but more often than not. That doesn't happen when it comes to pugs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Brewmasters who don't know how to shuffle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bad Brewmaster tanks makes me cringe.

But the good ones don't need heals. :P

DK tanks are hit or miss for me. It seems when mitigation is all on cooldown, they are as fragile as paper. They could just drop dead in a couple seconds no matter how much heals they get.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
My problem with DKs in on early BC dungeon PuGs while leveling. Seems like every braindead kid rolls one and decides he wants to be a tank. They don't take long to give up, though, and end-game DKs are usually fine.

Sort of like healers on level 30ish dungeons, when dual specs become available.
Edited by Sengis on 6/26/2014 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/26/2014 03:38 PMPosted by Sengis
My problem with DKs in on early BC dungeon PuGs while leveling. Seems like every braindead kid rolls one and decides he wants to be a tank. They don't take long to give up, though, and end-game DKs are usually fine.

How do you fail healing a dungeon until halfway through LK if you even slightly know what your abilities do? Even without heirlooms, healing is beyond trivial while leveling.
Edited by Boggyb on 6/26/2014 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
06/26/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Boggyb
06/26/2014 03:38 PMPosted by Sengis

How do you fail healing a dungeon until halfway through LK if you even slightly know what your abilities do? Even without heirlooms, healing is beyond trivial while leveling.

You'd be surprised...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I enjoy healing people who take crap-tonnes of damage, it makes farm content interesting.
In progression content, I love to heal a good tank of any class, because they know how to press their abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The first pull with a brewmaster I don't know is always scary, because if they're bad I've got just a few second to start healing like crazy. That said, any tank played badly is going to be interesting for the healer.

Also this:

06/26/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Volißear
I enjoy healing people who take crap-tonnes of damage, it makes farm content interesting.

Edit: Fixed a few typos. Must've been extra tired this morning.
Edited by Idaliana on 6/27/2014 2:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The thing with DKs leveling, from my experience after leveling one myself, is a mix of a few things: 1) Outside of CDs they dont have much mitigation until they get their mastery, and 2) Rune regen sucks until you get your L75 talents.

Oh and blood boil hits stupid hard at early levels. REALLY stupid hard. So most kids have the bad habit of using all their death runes on BB rather than DS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/26/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Sengis
06/26/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Boggyb

You'd be surprised...

Last time I did it, you could literally spam your cheapest heal indefinitely and never run out of mana and that would keep everyone up. If the tank isn't fail chain pulling the entire dungeon, I can't imagine failing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DKs: i only seen 3 good ones where they barely needed heals and the rest make me work to keep them up sometimes i wanna hurt them

Prot Warriors: even bad ones are easy to keep up (i also play a prot warrior in my alt runs)

Prot Pally: not much i can say their middle dont need much healing or dont cause to many problems

Tank Monks: only seen 2 good ones that dont need healing at all but the rest make wanna stab my eyes out trying keep them up

Bears: once they get SoO tier they barely need heals also
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
06/26/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Boggyb
You'd be surprised...

Last time I did it, you could literally spam your cheapest heal indefinitely and never run out of mana and that would keep everyone up. If the tank isn't fail chain pulling the entire dungeon, I can't imagine failing.

I usually level up healers myself, so I didn't notice how braindead other healers can be until I rolled a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/26/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Idaliana
The first pull with a brewmaster I don't know always scary, because if they're bad I've got just a few second to start healing like crazy. That sad, Any tank played badly is going to be interesting for the healer.

Also this

06/26/2014 03:51 PMPosted by Volißear

Our Blood DK is pushing for a couple of rank1 dps logs in 25H, so he's trying to use full dps gear (stacked crit, dps trinkets, etc), and just getting slammed for it. It's actually really fun, trying to hold my mana steady while spamming my big stuff, AND trying to heal the raid. ^.-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/26/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Neueziel
I'm really just curious, I'm not asking what tank to play, no not at all, but which classes do you find the easiest and hardest to heal or keep alive? Are you ever relieved to a see a certain class as tank or do you sometimes see one class join with you and you'll groan outloud?
Assuming a remotely competent person is playing the tank, all tank specs are easy to heal. If your tank is less than competent, Brewmasters are by far the hardest to heal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Bad Brewmasters are the worst tanks, Paladins are 99% their own sustain. Other than that, most tanks I've encountered are pretty even for healing required (that is, almost no direct healing ever).

I've had REALLY bad BrMs, especially in CMs. This guy never used shuffle and literally died in under a global from full health at times. He'd look at his death log and say something like, "Wow, I didn't get healed for 3 seconds before I died. WTF healer?"

Then I'd look at the log and he used blackout kick once for the entire dungeon. Yeah...

Good BrMs are about on par with the rest of the tanks. They're basically immune to spike damage and have plenty of self-sustain. I'd say among well played tanks DKs can be annoying to heal because they have the most unpredictable damage intake. Had a DK try single tanking H Thok, he was full damage gear basically. He'd spike from 100 to 30% and back to 100% so fast when he got high stacks. It was ridiculous, and honestly impossible to actually try to preemptively heal him. I'd just toss a PWS on him and let externals and and smartheals deal with it, because that's ridiculous.
Edited by Iviker on 6/27/2014 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bad Brewmasters and Protection Paladins who don't use Divine Protection.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]