Healer's confession thread

100 Tauren Paladin
- I pay way too much attention to healing meters, even though i know they don't mean much. I purposely don't stand in other healers' Efflo/Healing Rain/CoH to make myself look better on meters.

- I've tried to Denounce spam my way into the top-10 DPS in LFR... with success.

- Sometimes i pick SH on fights i know EF would be better just because SH gameplay is easier.

....those are all pretty rare though. I'm a pretty efficient and thoughtful healer!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'M CLICKER PLAYER. I HATE PRESSING BUTTONS.

I one click here, two click there, click click everywhere.
Reply Quote
79 Night Elf Druid
Ok.....my turn.

~ I confess that I love being a healer. I love being the one ppl rely on to keep them alive while they waste the bad guys. I love being the hero behind the scenes.

~ I will do my very best to not let a player die; even if they are being a jerk, or running off pulling in all the goons at once; trying to give the tank a "helping hand". I am a healer....it's my job to keep you alive.

~ I will not even let a dps caster die if they stand in the fire or try to play their ranged toon like a melee. I am a healer....it's my job to keep you alive.

~ The only reason I will allow someone to die is if they keep running off by themselves; whether it be dps wandering away from the pack, or a tank that rushes off faster than I can, or will, follow. Tanks need to realize that even if I have been in an instance 8000 times before, i still want my skins and goodies.

Some healers will let you die if you make their job hard on them; I won't.....I enjoy the challenge. These days with BOA armor becoming so prevalent, my job can get rather dull sometimes. Some healers will let you die if you stand in the fire or pull too much or pull aggro from the tank. I won't. Some healers like to feel like they are in control and get to feel like a god; deciding who lives and who dies. I won't. My job is to heal you and keep you alive. Some healers think I enable you to make stupid choices and you don't learn from them if I don't let you die. That may be so, but my job is to heal you. I may tell you to stop doing dumb things but I wills still heal you.

It's my job.
Edited by Randuelin on 7/9/2014 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If there's predictable damage incoming in LFR and I think another resto druid is going to use Tranq, I'll go out of my way to bloom mushrooms immediately after the damage so they waste their Tranq and I can use mine next time. Superior meter padding.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
i don't actually care who lives or dies
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/09/2014 10:01 AMPosted by Randuelin
Some healers will let you die if you make their job hard on them; I won't.....I enjoy the challenge. These days with BOA armor becoming so prevalent, my job can get rather dull sometimes. Some healers will let you die if you stand in the fire or pull too much or pull aggro from the tank. I won't. Some healers like to feel like they are in control and get to feel like a god; deciding who lives and who dies. I won't. My job is to heal you and keep you alive. Some healers think I enable you to make stupid choices and you don't learn from them if I don't let you die. That may be so, but my job is to heal you. I may tell you to stop doing dumb things but I wills still heal you.

It's my job.

Someone has to be especially bad/abusive for me to stop healing them, or to continue to do so would be outside of the ability of the gear I have at the time (i.e. all greens in a heroic where someone is constantly standing in a puddle of hard hitting bad). If someone get's a trash/pat on them I will go back to help them if I can or are near enough to reach them in time. I've ghost wolf back to someone who was trying to run in and got a pat on them and popped my Earth Elemental and kept them up while the tank was coming to us. I won't leave the rest of the group if they're about to die in that situation but I will reach you if I can.

Now, that being said, if someone runs off ahead of the group and then gets themselves in trouble I wont immediately run after them until I know that the rest will be okay. Someone pulling on purpose to me is saying "Hey I think I can handle this, don't worry about it."

Along those same lines if someone is abusive to the group and they've maxed out their kick timer, well...let's just say I'm not the friendliest healer you're going to met.

Also, never start yelling at me for a rez in the middle of combat. I will be much more tempted to make you walk back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
the only thing i really have to confess to is not running back in. i am lazy. all of my raids know this and just rez me. i am a princess, but to be fair if the feral druid or shaman or whatever can get there really fast it is simpler.

oh and if there is someone on a cloud, it is most likely my fault. i once levitated an entire afk raid before spoils. a 25m raid on clouds was beautiful.

lol i used to lifegrip people and then the shadow priest would get blamed
Edited by Ìonne on 7/10/2014 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/09/2014 07:27 AMPosted by Moossiah
I purposely don't stand in other healers' Efflo/Healing Rain/CoH to make myself look better on meters.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I BoP my fury warrior friend that always wants to rank right during execute phase. I only do it when he's particularly high on the meters.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I convinced the other healers to hearth out on Nazgrim with me resulting in a total group wipe.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I guess this is my greatest healing confession: I hate having to DPS to heal.

I'm jealous of other healers who can just stare at their raid frames, and, whenever I get too tired, I'll direct heal only.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/12/2014 06:58 AMPosted by Sengis
I guess this is my greatest healing confession: I hate having to DPS to heal.

I'm jealous of other healers who can just stare at their raid frames, and, whenever I get too tired, I'll direct heal only.

I agree. My rdruid feels like a vacation after playing Disc.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
- i sometimes let my off-tank die cause he likes to alt tabout during wipes and wait for a rez & hes not the best tank

- i PAD trash meters hard

- If i have a push trinket i always forgot to use it

- During MSV to ToT i forgot i had HoTW and never used it

- I Sometimes forget about my mana bar and almost go oom

- On Sha/Malk/Thok i abuse my mashroom/efflo/tranq so my co-healers get no HPS
Reply Quote
I actually like spamming Smite.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Dispel wasnt on cooldown, I just didn't see soul reaper.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Wrong topic
Edited by Sengis on 7/12/2014 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
65 Draenei Hunter
Raid leader tells the group to wipe, and stop healing......I don't stop healing til I am dead.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Sometimes, before we start pulling trash for the night, I quickly (using Sets feature) unequip all of my items and then put them right back on. This leaves me at about 20% HP. I then Void Shift a tank and he starts to wonder what happened to him.
Edited by Asyousleep on 7/13/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/13/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Asyousleep
Sometimes, before we start pulling trash for the night, I quickly (using Sets feature) unequip all of my items and then put them right back on. This leaves me at about 20% HP. I then Void Shift a tank and he starts to wonder what happened to him.

im telling onslaught rn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]